Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
tf64 Spitfire Seat project Options
tf64
#21 Posted : 20 November 2016 10:20:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Can I just thank you all for your most valuable replies to my seat project, it just shows how very active this forum can be, and that is what keeps us all going.

I have more to do to the seat and the Cockpit area, this will be a bit different from the build kit, but more as a real Spit so more pictures to look at which I had taken on my last visit to the Biggin workshop.

The next part to do on the seat, will be the Ratchet and handle, which I still have small adjustments to make and then assemble, this is made from scrap metal plate left over from the main build and small screws.

Well that's about it with this post so again thank you for looking.

Regards to.

@ Usersteve83.
@ Shaun.
@ Alan. (Gandale)
@ Arpurchase.
@ ModelMania.
@ Nemesis.
@ Alec.
@ Tony.
@ Tigerace.
@ Davetwin.

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

ALW
#22 Posted : 20 November 2016 23:37:55

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Trev

A fine piece of engineering!

Can't wait to see the finished model.

Regards.

Alan
tf64
#23 Posted : 21 November 2016 13:32:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking in, just to say that with the main build I have removed all the metal plates and countersunk all the screws so they look flush as on the real Spit, I must admit it will look better when complete.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

ALW
#24 Posted : 21 November 2016 20:58:53

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Trev

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the completed model.

If the seat is anything to go by, and of course your previous work, then I am certain it will look like a masterpiece.

I will check in every now and then!

Kind regards.

Alan
ModelMania
#25 Posted : 21 November 2016 21:25:58

Groups:

tf64 wrote:

Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking in, just to say that with the main build I have removed all the metal plates and countersunk all the screws so they look flush as on the real Spit, I must admit it will look better when complete.

Regards

Trev.

That sounds like a very cool modification Trev and one which I'm sure will make a big difference to the overall look of your Spitfire. I can't wait to see it my friend! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile

darbyvet
#26 Posted : 21 November 2016 21:42:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

That seat is a work of art.Great job.Looking forward to seeing the whole plane finished.it will no doubt be a masterpiece

Carl

Tomick
#27 Posted : 22 November 2016 13:33:23

Groups:

Trev, this 1/12 full bodied unpainted RAF pilot might be a great 'bum on seat'..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...mt62vnQZBHD_20hiskDD7fg
tf64
#28 Posted : 22 November 2016 21:10:24

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest in my project regarding the seat pilot,I have ordered a1:12 which will be due about the 8th Dec,also I haven't had to much experience with painting figures so that I am looking forward to.

Regards

Trev.