Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Will someone build my senna maclAreN? Options
Ponzini09
#1 Posted : 08 November 2016 15:41:43

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I bought the Senna MacLaren for my husband as a christmas gift. I saw how many boxes came and realized I didn't have time to build it without him noticing. Is there anyone in the NJ/NY Area willing to build for a fee? I have the complete kit. Please let me know!!

Jennifer
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 08 November 2016 16:04:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI there,
what is the time frame for the build? Do you want it done in time for Christmas?

Carl

roymattblack
#3 Posted : 08 November 2016 16:19:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Why not give it to him as the kit?
He'd probably love it.

Just follow the magazine instructions - it's pretty straightforward so he doesn't need to be a modelling expert.

He'll get more pleasure building it himself.

Roy.
greyhawk
#4 Posted : 08 November 2016 16:20:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Man, this would be my dream gig. Get a kit, build it, send it out again. Saves so much display space. Shame I'm on the wrong side of the planet.

EDIT: Roy is of course right. The fun is in building and these car kits don't need much experience.
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 08 November 2016 16:27:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

yes Roy is right.We can also help him on the forum if he needs advice, but it is quite an easy kit to build.

Carl

Tomick
#6 Posted : 08 November 2016 16:28:31

Groups:

roymattblack wrote:
Why not give it to him as the kit?
He'd probably love it.

Just follow the magazine instructions - it's pretty straightforward so he doesn't need to be a modelling expert.

He'll get more pleasure building it himself.

Roy.

Totally agree Roy ThumpUp
Mustang
#7 Posted : 08 November 2016 18:08:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Would love to help, but being on the other side of the pond.

But like the others say, if I was given this as a Christmas present it would be fantastic. Drool
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -

Current Build - 0-6-0 https://forum.deagostini...=351803&#post351803 Enterprise D - https://forum.deagostini...=posts&t=35768&

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-
. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Ponzini09
#8 Posted : 08 November 2016 23:24:48

darbyvet wrote:
HI there,
what is the time frame for the build? Do you want it done in time for Christmas?

Carl

Hi carl!

I would need in time for christmas of course.

Thanks all for responding. Unfortunately my husband doesn't have enough time to build this as he works most hours of the day and the rest of the day is meant for our kids! I have bought him a Porsche model car which is still half in the box so I know he would LOVE if I had this built for him to display.

Carl, would you be interested in building?
darbyvet
#9 Posted : 08 November 2016 23:35:19

Ponzini09 wrote:
darbyvet wrote:
HI there,

Carl

Hi carl!

I would need in time for christmas of course.

Thanks all for responding. Unfortunately my husband doesn't have enough time to build this as he works most hours of the day and the rest of the day is meant for our kids! I have bought him a Porsche model car which is still half in the box so I know he would LOVE if I had this built for him to display.

Carl, would you be interested in building?

No- sorry I just dont have the time.

Carl

Mustang
#10 Posted : 09 November 2016 09:53:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Ponzin

Why not give it to your husband as it is for Christmas, and then inform him that you might be able to arrange to get it built by someone.

That way he can decide what he would like to do with it.

Then maybe darbyvet might be able to help you out.
My Favourite Building:- 1919 https://forum.model-spac...=339517&#post339517 -

Current Build - 0-6-0 https://forum.deagostini...=351803&#post351803 Enterprise D - https://forum.deagostini...=posts&t=35768&

Built:-. HMS Bounty, RMS Titanic, MP4-23, Flying Scotsman, Aston Martin DB5, Honda CB750, Mustang, R2-D2, Jaguar, DeLorean, Testarossa, Stage Coach plus many plastic kits.
Dry dock no room to display:-. Bismarck, U96.
To build:-
. HMS Hood. HMS Victory. Cutty Sark. SoS, Lancaster bomber. DR1 Triplane. JU-87. Plus many many plastic kits.
Ponzini09
#11 Posted : 14 November 2016 14:26:30

Mustang wrote:
Hi Ponzin

Why not give it to your husband as it is for Christmas, and then inform him that you might be able to arrange to get it built by someone.

That way he can decide what he would like to do with it.

Then maybe darbyvet might be able to help you out.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all responding. My husband is the one who showed me this and wanted it for christmas. Said he wouldn't be able to build it because not enough time. (Still has a Porsche model that he hasn't finished since last christmas). Still trying to find someone to build this however, a local RC shop told me he may be able to but wanted to see if he could talk to someone who has built this to see what the time frame is approx like to build this model. (To see if hey could finish by christmas. ). If they devote hours per day to build this how long do you think it would take to finish the complete kit?

And if you know anyone/store that builds model cars in the northern nj area or NY please let me know!!

Thank you!!

Jen
roymattblack
#12 Posted : 14 November 2016 21:26:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

As an estimate, building pretty solidly, I'd say between 35-50 hours, depending the amount of 'care' taken.
Ponzini09
#13 Posted : 14 November 2016 22:38:37

Thank you!!