Millennium Falcon Mains Power Adaptor Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 11 November 2016 10:30:07

Groups:

Millennium Falcon Mains Power Adaptor.

Spec:

UK 3 Pin plug fit.

Input: 240 Volts AC 50 Hz.

Regulated Output: DC 9 Volts/1amp (1000ma)

Connector Type: 5.5 x 2.5mm Male

Internal heat sinks (for reliable continuous operation).

Over current protection & Short circuit protection.

IC Controlled Stable Voltage with Input & Output line filters.

CE certified and ROHS compliant.

Please Note: The mains adapter is warranted to power the BTMF supplied lighting and ramp. It is NOT warranted to power any electronic addition or modification of the supplied build.

Available here:
http://www.model-space.c...lcon-mains-adapter.html

Tomick attached the following image(s):
41dXWldGXnL.jpg
LrdSatyr8
#2 Posted : 12 January 2017 15:05:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Will there be a US version available? If not what is the amperage that is being generated from this so I can at least match it up as closely as possible with a universal power supply. I'd hate to think that if if I had to rely on a external power supply for this and not match up all the variables properly (output voltage, wattage, and amperage) only to fry my circuit board after spending the last two years working on it, it would make me very very sad!
Tomick
#3 Posted : 18 January 2017 12:06:41

Groups:

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Will there be a US version available? If not what is the amperage that is being generated from this so I can at least match it up as closely as possible with a universal power supply. I'd hate to think that if if I had to rely on a external power supply for this and not match up all the variables properly (output voltage, wattage, and amperage) only to fry my circuit board after spending the last two years working on it, it would make me very very sad!
Yes, a US version is being made available for sale just as soon as stock arrives.

USA Spec:
Input: 120Volts AC 60Hz.
Output: DC 9Volts.
Amperage: 1amp (1000ma)
Thermogolf
#4 Posted : 06 February 2017 15:21:11

Tomick wrote:
Millennium Falcon Mains Power Adaptor.

Spec:

UK 3 Pin plug fit.

Input: 240 Volts AC 50 Hz.

Regulated Output: DC 9 Volts/1amp (1000ma)

Internal heat sinks (for reliable continuous operation).

Over current protection & Short circuit protection.

IC Controlled Stable Voltage with Input & Output line filters.

CE certified and ROHS compliant.

Please Note: The mains adapter is warranted to power the BTMF supplied lighting and ramp. It is NOT warranted to power any electronic addition or modification of the supplied build.

Available here:
http://www.model-space.c...lcon-mains-adapter.html

I have purchased this adapter but i cannot find where this connects to the Model,Can anyone help me on this ?
davetwin
#5 Posted : 06 February 2017 17:33:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Firstly welcome to the forum Thermogolf.

I'm assuming you have finished your build.

If you look on the bottom of the Falcon there is a panel with some battle damage to the rear of the ramp tunnel. That is the mains power adapter socket. Just lift the rubber grommet up and you can plug the mains adapter in. You will need to ensure you remove the batteries before using the mains adapter.

If you haven't completed your build yet then the power socket is fitted in Issue 57

Hope this helps Cool
DiCatania
#6 Posted : 20 February 2017 03:13:07

Tomick wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Yes, a US version is being made available for sale just as soon as stock arrives.

USA Spec:
Input: 120Volts AC 60Hz.
Output: DC 9Volts.
Amperage: 1amp (1000ma)

Any updates on the US version of the Adaptor?
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 20 February 2017 21:19:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

The USA power adapter for the Falcon should be available this week.

Carl

DiCatania
#8 Posted : 20 February 2017 22:41:57

darbyvet wrote:

Carl

That's great news Carl!!
Thanks,
Chris
Corellian Hyperdrive
#9 Posted : 16 March 2017 00:35:01

darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Can we get a link to this?
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 16 March 2017 17:50:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

The USA site now has the Falcon power adapter available for purchase

here is the link;

http://www.model-space.c...n-mains-adapter-us.html
Corellian Hyperdrive
#11 Posted : 17 March 2017 01:31:35

Thanks Carl.
Can you find out how many milliamps this puts out?
darbyvet
#12 Posted : 17 March 2017 18:42:54

It is 1000miliamps. The details are now on the order page here;

http://www.model-space.c...n-mains-adapter-us.html

Corellian Hyperdrive
#13 Posted : 18 March 2017 02:43:37

Thanks Carl. I see they added that info to the page.
1000Droids
#14 Posted : 29 October 2018 15:43:33

Help! I tried my AC power supply and nothing lights up with it in place. My battery pack works just fine, but I would like to add more LED's to the Sublight engines. I disconnected the battery pack at the extension before plugging in the power Supply. I also cycled the power switch on the Falcon. Still nothing.
Is there some sort of trick I am missing?
Markwarren
#15 Posted : 29 October 2018 22:45:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Have you used the AC power supply before and had it working?
You shouldn’t need to disconnect the battery pack, only remove the batteries if using the AC power.
If you intend to use the AC adapter permanently then try and disconnect the battery lead at the board.
Check the power supply is the correct spec.

Hope that helps.
Just one tip, if you plan to add additional lighting, do not add them to the supplied board, keep them on a different power board.

Mark
tschwand
#16 Posted : 31 October 2018 02:44:35

For what it is worth, I have the same problem. Removed the batteries, plugged in the adaptor, and nothing. Opened up the drive cover to check the wiring and all appears in order. At some point I need to test to see if there is any power coming out of the adaptor or if it is internal to the Falcon.
1000Droids
#17 Posted : 31 October 2018 16:43:38

I purchased the power supply from DeAgostini. I thought about matching the specs and saving a few dollars, but in the end I thought better to not go cheap at this point and use one approved by them. I checked the power supply with a Multimeter and it is delivering the 9 Volts it is supposed to provide. The only reason I disconnected the battery pack versus taking out the batteries was that the pack has a screw in it and I didn't think it would much matter if the batteries were out or just disconnected. Lazy, I know. I guess I will try and use the multimeter to check the voltage at different points to see if I have another issue. Thanks for your time and help.
1000Droids
#18 Posted : 01 November 2018 19:50:36

Today, I took out the batteries from the pack and used the AC Adapter. Still no lights. I tested the power from the Power supply again and got 9 volts. I tested at the jack in the Falcon and had power. I finally managed to find power at the plug that goes into the board. To top it all off, I have a second board they sent me when some parts were bad. I got out that board, used the switch and Jack that came with it. Plugged it in to the Battery pack and it worked like the other one. Then I tried the AC adapter and again no lights. I have some spare LED strips that have some bad LED's in them, but they work for a test. Essentially, I cannot make the AC adapter work.
tschwand
#19 Posted : 02 November 2018 22:54:57

Was just wondering, I see that 1000Droids is in the U.S. as am I. Everyone I see who says theirs works looks to be U.K. Is anyone from the States getting their mains working? Maybe it's a problem with the US mains.
dfalconer
#20 Posted : 19 December 2018 00:16:29

Hello,

I am from the US and also received a non-working power supply. I am only running the powered equipment that came with the model. I removed my batteries and plugged in the power supply but, unfortunately, the power does not turn on and the lights and ramp do not work. I switched back to batteries and everything works as expected.

Sincerely,
David