Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sound generator query Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 17 November 2016 20:21:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hope no one minds me asking but received my parts today with the much looked forward too sound generator.

Have tried the running sound and not sure what to expect but it does not sound as i was expecting.

I have looked on youtube and found these two videos (not my videos by the way)

The first video sounds like the unit i have received

https://youtu.be/vyTnX6w1Fjo

The second video has a sound more like i was expecting

https://youtu.be/2lxfLIS-QMk

Is there anyone please that could advise if possible the unit i have received is possible faulty ?

The whistle sound by the way is spot on so just not sure about the running sound i am getting.

I have used a fresh 9v battery to test as i do not have the 6 x D cells at tye moment should that make any difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 17 November 2016 21:16:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Tony

The generator as supplied to yourself will be the same one as supplied to everyone and we have had no other query's about the sound generated by it.

The second video sounds like he has added a different sound generator to the engine so thats why it sounds completely different.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#3 Posted : 17 November 2016 21:18:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Andy

Ok many thanks for the update. That sets my mind at rest now.

Appreciate the quick reply.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
dslinick
#4 Posted : 22 November 2016 21:44:56

I suspect that hidden from view is a better set of speakers. The small speakers furnished with the kit have to fit underneath the stand and they can't reproduce any of the low frequencies that a true "chug chug" sound requires. I am considering a set of computer speakers, with built in amp and subwoofer. I bet that would make a huge difference.
Tomick
#5 Posted : 22 November 2016 23:39:23

Groups:

The sound for that loco is actually wrong for the speed of our loco. Its speed is constant as should be the sound which is how ours is, that loco also has many mod's, starting with the huge box item aft of the chimney.
birdaj2
#6 Posted : 04 December 2016 19:45:54

Many thanks everyone for the advice on this one.

I had queried it because sadly my sound box was damaged in the post so i was unsure if it had damaged the unit as well as having a crack in the case.

Phoned cs and they had a replacement to me in less that a week so all is now well.

Happy Modelling