Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Millennium Falcon Customised Build page 3 Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 06 December 2016 15:09:38

Groups:

Continued... BigGrin
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 10 December 2016 12:49:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I have been making some detailed parts to go into the hold area, lower pit etc., but I’m waiting for some more supplies. So, whilst waiting, I started the corridor sections.
Pictures 1 & 2. I wanted to add some grills to the side of the flooring, which will eventually be lit. First, I cut out the flooring section using some thin plastic card using the existing floor as a template.

Picture 3. Once this was done, I then scored the plate marking onto the floor, the same as the original flooring supplied. Then cut away the edges where the grills will go and sanded down any rough edges.

Pictures 4 & 5. I got some cable ties as shown, cut them from their base and then cut in half as shown.

Pictures 6,7,8 & 9. I then glued the halves of the cable ties to the new flooring as shown, and then did some sanding. I also placed the new flooring over the supplied one to see if they fitted correctly. The last picture is the flooring placed into the corridor section as a test fit.

Pictures 10 & 11. Then I cut away the edges on the supplied flooring, ready to fit the new floor over the top. I also sanded down the lugs on the bottom so once the new floor was fitted it wouldn’t protrude above the edges.

Pictures 12, 13 & 14. Now time to glue the new floor to the supplied one and primed ready to paint. I then test fitted the new floor again in the corridor section.

Next, I will paint the floor and fit some metal mesh I have below the grills. Will post when done.
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 147.jpg
Photo 148.jpg
Photo 148a.jpg
Photo 148b.jpg
Photo 149.jpg
Photo 149a.jpg
Photo 150.jpg
Photo 153.jpg
Photo 154.jpg
Photo 154a.jpg
Photo 154b.jpg
Photo 154c.jpg
Photo 154d.jpg
Photo 160.jpg
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 11 December 2016 22:58:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Pictures 1 & 2. I have painted the new floor area. I used green and grey, 50/50 to get the same colour as the supplied parts. I then used some metal mesh I have for the under grating and glued them into place as shown in the second picture.

Picture 3. Then I used some aluminium foil and stuck it at the bottom of the corridor section and under the new floor piece.

Picture 4. I then placed the LED lighting strip, which will light the grates using the foil to give more illumination.

Picture 5. I then tested the lighting before I screw the floor in place.

Pictures 6 & 7. The last pictures are the flooring fitted and weathered ready for the pads to be attached.

Photo 161.jpg
Photo 162.jpg
Photo 163.jpg
Photo 164.jpg
Photo 165.jpg
Photo 166.jpg
Photo 167.jpg
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 18 December 2016 23:51:46

Fitted some of the side pads to the corridor area, and attached the wiring loom for the lighting. I’ll be fitting the wall lights to the top section next before going onto the next corridor.
Photo 168.jpg
Photo 169.jpg
Photo 170.jpg
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 25 December 2016 00:38:02

Picture 1. Next, putting the lighting into the top pads. First, I drilled holes where the lights would go into the walls.

Pictures 2 & 3. I then glued the two sections together and placed the light housings in place.

Pictures 4,5,6,7 & 8. Once these were in place, I then glued the gunner corridor to the main corridor and started to insert the green lights into the housings.

Picture 9. Then I connected all the wire into one wiring loom, ready for connection.

Pictures 10,11 & 12. The final pictures show the corridor section lit up. Note, I used some mirrored plastic card to the end of this section, to give the effect of a continuous corridor.
Photo 171.jpg
Photo 172.jpg
Photo 173.jpg
Photo 174.jpg
Photo 175.jpg
Photo 176.jpg
Photo 177.jpg
Photo 178.jpg
Photo 179.jpg
Photo 180.jpg
Photo 181.jpg
Photo 182.jpg
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 28 December 2016 23:34:44

Pictures 1,2,3 & 4. Here the second part of the corridor section gets the same treatment. First, I make the new flooring as before. Note, I also cut away the step part. This is where the grate will go and will illuminate along with the rest of the floor.

Pictures 5 & 6. I have also put a computer panel in the side wall of the tunnel leading to the cockpit.

Pictures 7 & 8. Then painted and grills attached.

Pictures 9,10 & 11. Placed in the lower half of the corridor section and the lights were tested.

Pictures 12,13,14,15,16,17 & 18. Here are the pictures of the final corridor sections and wiring loom attached.

Pictures 19 & 20. Finally, I added a mirrored piece at the end of the corridor as I did before.

Photo 183.jpg
Photo 184.jpg
Photo 185.jpg
Photo 186.jpg
Photo 187.jpg
Photo 188.jpg
Photo 189.jpg
Photo 190.jpg
Photo 191.jpg
Photo 192.jpg
Photo 193.jpg
Photo 194.jpg
Photo 195.jpg
Photo 196.jpg
Photo 197.jpg
Photo 198.jpg
Photo 199.jpg
Photo 200.jpg
Photo 203.jpg
Photo 204.jpg
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 31 December 2016 00:30:38

Here is a picture of the final wiring loom. Note, when testing the lights, I used a 9v battery which when used on the finish corridor section, some of the lights were dim. When using additional lighting, a battery can drop voltage, even if it has a full charge. As I am using a mains adapter when complete, I tested it on the advised 9v supply and it worked perfectly, no dimming of lights.
Photo 205.jpg
Photo 206.jpg
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 31 December 2016 00:34:22

I have decided to do the circuitry bay room. This is where Han Solo and Princess Leia had their first kiss.
Pictures 1,2 & 3. I used plastic card for the base and side walls. First, I cut the base and added some etched brass floor grating and then sprayed painted before adding the side walls.

Picture 4. I scratch built the side walls using some Lego pieces, spare model parts, plastic card and some cable wire.

Picture 5. I then painted the walls with primer paint, before I do some detailed painting.

Pictures 6,7,8,9 & 10. Here is the piece’s test fitted to give some idea of how it looks and fits together before finishing and detailing.

Next I will add some more detail and lighting.

Photo 207.jpg
Photo 208.jpg
Photo 209.jpg
Photo 210.jpg
Photo 211.jpg
Photo 212.jpg
Photo 213.jpg
Photo 214.jpg
Photo 215.jpg
Photo 216.jpg
Markwarren
#9 Posted : 31 December 2016 16:38:44

Picture 1. I have done some more detailed painting to give the room a little more depth.

Pictures 2 & 3. Here it is pieced together and glued in place.

Pictures 4,5 & 6. These final pictures are where I have test fitted it to the bulk head and a sample light attached.
I will make the entrance doorway slightly wider so you will be able to see a little more of the room.
The last picture is how it will sit behind the supplied part.

I’ll be continuing the build in the new year, piecing the inner areas together, testing the lighting and starting on the hull landing lights.

I hope you have enjoyed this project as much as I have, and I would just like to say a big thank you for everyone’s support over the last year.

Wishing everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Mark

Photo 217.jpg
Photo 218.jpg
Photo 219.jpg
Photo 220.jpg
Photo 221.jpg
Photo 222.jpg
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 02 January 2017 20:41:42

Pictures 1 & 2. I have fitted the circuitry bay room to the rear bulk head. I still must add the lighting in this room.

Pictures 3,4 & 5. Next, I wanted to fit some EL wire to the underside of the hold floor around the pit areas. I had to cut the supplied base that the hold area attaches to, to allow for the pit to be fitted. The piece that I cut off had one of the lugs attached that fit into the bottom of the hull. This was cut to size and attached directly onto the hull lug, so when you fit the hold area into the ship, the underside of the pit rest onto that leg/lug part.
I then glued the EL wire around the pit areas before gluing the pit into place.
The final picture shows the desired effect when complete.

Pictures 6,7,8,8, 10 & 11. The final pictures are all the parts fitted and a lighting test was done. Note, the only thing still to be done is the small corridor area lighting.
This will then complete the inner areas.

Photo 2.jpg
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 223.jpg
Photo 224.jpg
Photo 225.jpg
Photo 225a.jpg
Photo 225b.jpg
Photo 225c.jpg
Photo 225d.jpg
Photo 225e.jpg
Photo 226.jpg