Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
Mike Hailwood and his Honda RC 166 Options
Kev the Modeller
#61 Posted : 07 February 2019 21:45:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Looking superb Daran, very nice work. I think you made a great job of removing the original paint from the frame and then respraying it, which certainly paid off big time. It looks so much better now and well worth the effort! Drool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#62 Posted : 08 February 2019 21:10:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all and thanks for your comments. It was certainly worth it Kev, I used a different top coat this time and it went on so much better.Cool
Carburettors made up, once they a fully cured I will start on the fine details.Cool Obligatory 2p coin to give an idea of the scale.Blink BigGrin Cool
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
57.jpg
58.jpg
tf64
#63 Posted : 08 February 2019 21:23:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Daran,

Thanks for posting, getting smaller & smaller (chain will be fun)

Regards

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Nemesis
#64 Posted : 09 February 2019 22:02:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for looking in Trev, yes it's certainly getting smaller!!LOL Cool
Carburettors have been detailed and the turned metal intake trumpets fitted. Next up was to paint the spark plugs and add the ignition leads. Carbs and leads were then fitted to the engine and then the engine fitted in the frame and the ignition leads fitted to the 3 coils. Next up is the wheels!! Wish me luck of put me in the asylum, I may need both!LOL BigGrin Cool
Nemesis attached the following image(s):
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg
67.jpg
68.jpg
69.jpg
70.jpg
arpurchase
#65 Posted : 09 February 2019 23:18:58

BigGrin Spokin hell is on the horizon me thinks and is the chain made up as wellBlink Blink Drool LOL Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#66 Posted : 10 February 2019 00:43:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Spokin hell is on the horizon me thinks and is the chain made up as wellBlink Blink Drool LOL Cool

LOL Spokes and chain links!!!!! i think he's trying to drive himself mad FlapperLOL
tf64
#67 Posted : 10 February 2019 15:24:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Class work again Daran,will be watching how you will fit the wheel spokes as this part I really did struggle with on mine and not yet finished.

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Markwarren
#68 Posted : 10 February 2019 15:52:32

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Top notch work, you must have a microscope instead of a magnifying glass.Love Love

Mark