Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<45678>
C-3PO & R2-D2 Diorama Options
Markwarren
#101 Posted : 24 September 2017 20:54:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

The final two pictures are C-3PO and R2-D2 placed on the display as a test fit. As you can see, I still have the centre foot on R2 to finish off.
Then it’s onto the diorama, nearly there.

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 118.jpg
Photo 117.jpg
Photo 119.jpg
Gandale
#102 Posted : 24 September 2017 22:42:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Stunning work Mark, love it....Love Love

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#103 Posted : 24 September 2017 22:49:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

these would be spectacular at large scale.Considering the small size of these models this work it outstanding

Carl

Markwarren
#104 Posted : 25 September 2017 07:27:32

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Many thanks Alan, Carl. Painting the legs on R2, almost took as long as the big one I’m building.

Mark
tigerace
#105 Posted : 25 September 2017 10:23:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

They look outstanding markDrool top workBigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#106 Posted : 25 September 2017 15:27:39

gedmac66
#107 Posted : 25 September 2017 17:23:25

G'day Mark ,

WOW!!! . Gorgeous looking Droids Love . Your attention to detail and weathering is breathtaking ( as usual ! ) , not to mention what you're able to cram into those cramped spaces for lighting them up Confused .

Can't wait to see them in their eventual dio Drool

Cheers Ged
arpurchase
#108 Posted : 25 September 2017 19:15:51

BigGrin Top work from the weathering master as always looking forward to seeing the finished resultCool Drool Drool Love
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

scraperjawa
#109 Posted : 25 September 2017 19:26:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks really nice, Mark.
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

Markwarren
#110 Posted : 25 September 2017 20:37:49

Many thanks for looking in guys, and your kind words and support.

Mark
pemberg
#111 Posted : 25 September 2017 21:05:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Beautiful work Mark, looks fantastic.

Graeme
lholland
#112 Posted : 26 September 2017 12:53:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

superb looking. Love the lights too.
Markwarren
#113 Posted : 26 September 2017 13:38:05

Thank you Graeme and Lee, I've really enjoyed building this.BigGrin

Regards
Mark
Markwarren
#114 Posted : 08 October 2017 18:45:42

I have started working on the base scene, where both droids with be placed. First, I lightly sanded the glossy base for the putty to adhere too. I then took a few small stones from the garden and placed them where I wanted them to be in the scene, as shown in the second picture.
I then mixed some Durham’s water putty and spread it over the base with a spatula and added the stones, pushing them gently into the putty. I then left it for 24 hours to dry off. You can also see I pushed through from the bottom a wire where I had drilled the holes that are for the lighting cables.

Photo 120.jpg
Photo 121.jpg
Photo 122.jpg
Markwarren
#115 Posted : 08 October 2017 18:47:05

Once the putty had hardened, I then sprayed some ochre brown with my airbrush. Once this had dried, I then applied some crackle paint in areas to give it a more rugged look. I then placed both the droids onto the stand and drew around their feet. I then drilled holes to the underside of both droids, and into the base. This will be where I will place a small dowel to help support both C-3PO and R2 when gluing them on.
Photo 123.jpg
Photo 124.jpg
Markwarren
#116 Posted : 08 October 2017 18:47:56

Here, you can see I placed a small amount of fine sand in areas around the stones/rocks. I then used some sand cement that has the consistency of skimmed milk. Using a pipette, I carefully placed it over the sand and left it over night to dry hard. As you can see in the second picture, I added some more smaller stones and more sand.
Photo 125.jpg
Photo 127.jpg
Markwarren
#117 Posted : 08 October 2017 18:48:55

The final pictures show how it starts to look one sprayed with ochre brown and then dry brushed with a lighter sandstone colour.
There is still much more to do with the base as once I place both the droids, I will add more sand around their feet and some more fine air brushing is also needed for the final effect.
Photo 129.jpg
Photo 130.jpg
Gandale
#118 Posted : 08 October 2017 20:34:21

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Beautifully done Mark.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#119 Posted : 08 October 2017 23:01:37

Hi Mark.
Great work on the bases they are looking fantastic.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Markwarren
#120 Posted : 09 October 2017 07:39:34

Thank you Alan & Ian for you kind comments.

Regards
Mark