Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<34567>
Robi start up issues Options
Tomick
#81 Posted : 18 January 2017 19:57:48

Groups:

DuckWilliam wrote:
I had that one as well, he sometimes does the Judjitsi type of sound 3 or 4 times in a row.

It happened when I left him to pass on a message and also when I asked for the list of commands he responds to.

Strange one, we may find the answer on the SD card somewhere. I'm planning to have a look at this sometime soon.
Yes it is a very strange one as the card manufacture has randomly sample checked a number of the English SD cards and so have we in the UK and no such thing experienced in terms of "Japanese" being evident. Perhaps you could video it happening and post here?
Benick
#82 Posted : 20 January 2017 08:04:07

Groups: Registered

Hi all
At wake up robbi doesnt respond....
Have phoned 3 times
Emailed 3 times
Performed all instructions
Still have a £1000 door stop
Help is needed
Thanks
Benick
Tomick
#83 Posted : 20 January 2017 09:10:04

Groups:

Benick wrote:
Hi all
Have phoned 3 times
Emailed 3 times
Help is needed
Thanks
Benick
Firstly, welcome to ModelSpace.

If on switch-on after his wake-up, he freezes or fails to react to your voice, try switching him off and restarting, he might just need additional wake-up prompt.
Switch Robi off then on and allow him to go through his wake-up procedure, aim the voice towards the top of his head rather than mouth, also ensure that you say Yes Robi/No Robi rather than just Yes/No (articulated as 'Robee'). You may need to get quite close and talk to Robi at around 50cm but after the first questions distance hearing gets better.

Robi needs to learn as you do with him. He can hear and understand words only when spoken clearly with articulation and may have difficulty understanding a high-pitched voice or when in noisy surroundings.

Hope this helps.

Kobrakai1975
#84 Posted : 20 January 2017 09:48:42

Benick wrote:
Hi all
Have phoned 3 times
Emailed 3 times
Help is needed
Thanks
Benick

Hi, have you tried choosing the 'No Robee' as the answer to his questions - this worked for me.

In my opinion I think something isn't functioning correctly either voice recognition or software because it's hit and miss getting him to do tasks - but he does work. It's like '80's Fisherprice my first voice recognition' sub standard.

Robi is hard of hearing hopefully a hearing aid will be available soon. :)

Tomick
#85 Posted : 20 January 2017 20:03:02

Groups:

You could well have a faulty mic, might be an idea to request a replacement issue 69
Nemesis
#86 Posted : 20 January 2017 20:30:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Been playing with Andy's Robi today at the show. He works well and is great fun.BigGrin
TobyJohn
#87 Posted : 22 January 2017 10:55:48

Hi all.
Just a quick question. My Robi tends to fall forward when walking but he also fall backwards when standing up. Was just wondering if I should pack the front of his feet as well as the back or is this going to be a waste of time as doing the two would just cancel each other out. Also I think I may have a dodgy mic as he is very poor at responding. If I order a new mic as mentioned earlier in this post would I be able to just order the mic or would I have to order a complete pack 18. Also because my mic may be faulty would I have to pay for it.
Cheers.

John.
Tomick
#88 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:06:07

Groups:

You need to ask for a replacement issue 69 which is the stage the mic is contained with.
You may need to experiment with the foot packing to find the best stability, though have you tried him on different surfaces as it could be the surface being used on is too slippy.
Steph8642
#89 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:40:04

Tomick wrote:
Steph8642 wrote:
It says in the book he says please charge me but hes saying something like juditsu?
Could you possibly post on here a YouTube video link of your Robi saying this as we've not had any such report and we've random checked a quantity of the English SD card. Or you can request a replacement SD card.

Robi can hear and understand words only when spoken clearly with articulation. He may have difficulty understanding a high-pitched voice and in the noisy surroundings.

I have attached a video of him doing it. Iv received a new sd card and still exactly the same. Im still waiting on a new mic as they said it was too expensive to send one out. Feel like putting it in box and posting it to model space to fix right now as iv had enough.lost patience over last 2 years.

https://youtu.be/13pDqe7j_W8
Tomick
#90 Posted : 22 January 2017 15:13:52

Groups:

Steph8642 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Steph8642 wrote:
It says in the book he says please charge me but hes saying something like juditsu?
Could you possibly post on here a YouTube video link of your Robi saying this as we've not had any such report and we've random checked a quantity of the English SD card. Or you can request a replacement SD card.

Robi can hear and understand words only when spoken clearly with articulation. He may have difficulty understanding a high-pitched voice and in the noisy surroundings.

I have attached a video of him doing it. Iv received a new sd card and still exactly the same. Im still waiting on a new mic as they said it was too expensive to send one out. Feel like putting it in box and posting it to model space to fix right now as iv had enough.lost patience over last 2 years.

https://youtu.be/13pDqe7j_W8
Many thanks for this, we now have something to pass back to the manufacturer and card producer. Can you PM your subscription and name/address details to me so i can oranise a replacement min and cpu to be sent to you.

In general, Robi users should only start Robi with a fully-charged battery. Starting him with little power remaining can on occasion confuse him into thinking he is in Japan and he may utter a Japanese phrase when woken up.
TobyJohn
#91 Posted : 22 January 2017 22:02:48

Hi all. Me again.

I am having trouble with Robi's arms. They worked when I first started him up but after a while they stopped working. Tonight I have taken the back off and disconnected the legs I then used the original trial card and his arms worked. I reassembled Robi and all was working great again. Then all of a sudden the arms have stopped working again. I really don't want to have to take him apart every time I play with him in the hope of getting his arms to work. Also I noticed tonight he does get slightly warm when he has been on for a bit. I assume this is normal but thought I would check if everyone else was getting the same.
Hope I can get this sorted out.
Many thanks.
John.
arpurchase
#92 Posted : 22 January 2017 23:55:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi John

What I have found is the main cables from the leg and arm assemblys have to be routed just so not too tight and not too loose, with the shoulder cables especially it is easy to dislodge them if the are pull too tight during the connecting stages. This is especialy so at the servo end where all the movement is made. I too had the same problem with the left arm but after a cable reroute he has been fine ever since.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

senseim
#93 Posted : 30 January 2017 14:06:52

Hi All,

Is anyone seeing a problem with the arm's twitching? I don't mean the twitching they describe in the manual which occurs at the shoulders. This twitching is occurring at the elbows of both arms.

I also am having problems with forward balance.I have added the servo connection sealing foam tape as suggested in the manual but that made no difference. When playing the balance game Robi works fine initially but as he proceeds to lower his head even lower he falls forward.

The other thing I would like to suggest to the company is in the instructions don't tell builders how to fix balance problems after you put the velvet covering on the bottom of each foot. Yes you can peel the material up to get to the screws but you will also loose the stickiness of the material and then you will be forced to order replacement's from the company costing you even more money.

As far as the voice recognition goes I have gone through about half of the commands and am finding only about have of then work. The commands that work actually work very well but the one's that don't get absolutely no response from Robi.

I too experienced the Japanese language problem but it does look like it only occurred when Robi was really low on battery power.

Any suggestions for any of the above issues would be very much appreciated. Especially the arm elbow servo twitching.

Thanks
arpurchase
#94 Posted : 30 January 2017 21:53:55

BigGrin Hi

Sounds like you have connection problems in the lower arms and the servo cables need seating properly. I always added the foam pads after fitting to make sure the lead ends are correctly seated in the servo. Recheck the connections and also check the cables for wear from movement.

My Robi some times falls over on the balancing game and other times he is fine.

Instead of removing the feet pads just get a sharp knife and remove the part of the pad over the screw hole, not a perfect solution but maybe better than total removal.

The pack 18 instruction booklet includes some instructions on fixing balance problems, go to pages 537 and 538 to find them.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

senseim
#95 Posted : 31 January 2017 00:56:15

Hi arpurchase,

I understand what your saying but the elbows don't jitter on the tester and the cables are seated properly and they have the foam pads on every one of them. There also shouldn't be any were because I just finished the kit and obviously haven't used it much before finishing it.

As far as falling over it looks like either the program may not be balancing Robi correctly and that's why he falls over.

On the subject of the feet pads if they knew you might need to adjust the balance they should of had cutouts in the feet pads to accommodate this. Especially for as much as we all pad for Robi.

Thanks for all your input it is appreciated.

senseim
#96 Posted : 31 January 2017 02:35:10

Hi,

It turns out the twitching is actually coming from the upper right and left arm servos. This appears to only occur when Robi is just standing still. When Robi is given a command that uses these servos they perform exactly as they should. I have taken the upper arms apart as was suggested and made sure the connections are seated and they are. I have also checked for wear on the cables and there is none.

Any other ideas what is happening?
Thanks
Tomick
#97 Posted : 31 January 2017 09:31:30

Groups:

Have you tried swopping a Servo so as to identify if it is a servo fault?
senseim
#98 Posted : 31 January 2017 13:27:38

Hi,no I have not swapped servos and I honestly don't think that is the problem because the twitching is happening by both upper arm servos. What are the chances that both upper arm servos are bad? Not likely you could get two bad servos and put them in the exact same spot on Robi. I am thinking it is the board that controls the upper arm servos that may be bad.

I have done RC for quite a while and am an Electronics Tech and Computer Admin for more than 30 years so I know how to assemble electronics and computers and this looks like some kind of noise or control board problem to me. None of the other servos have this problem and as I stated it only happens when the servos are in there stationary state.

I do look forward to any other ideas you or anyone else has and I really want to make sure everyone knows I do appreciate any suggestions.

ThanksBigGrin
arpurchase
#99 Posted : 31 January 2017 21:25:26

BigGrin I would now contact C/S and get a replacement CPU Board from pack 12 stage/issue 43 and then see if the problem persistsCool

senseim
#100 Posted : 31 January 2017 21:46:13

Hi arpurchase,

Just wanted to let you know I have called C/S and asked for a replacement CPU Board. I will update this post after I replace the board.

Thanks for all you help it is most appreciated.BigGrin