Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages «<4567>
Robi start up issues Options
senseim
#101 Posted : 01 February 2017 19:46:28

Groups: Registered

Hi arpurchase,

DO you or anyone else know of an easy way to remove the CPU board without having to disassemble the entire upper half of Robi?

ThanksBigGrin
TobyJohn
#102 Posted : 11 February 2017 15:06:07

Hi all.

I'm still having troubles with Robi's arms. I have tried rerouting the wires as previously suggested but I find that they work fine to start but then the next time I turn him on they no longer work. Has anyone got any suggestions as I don't want to have to keep taking him apart.
One other thing I have noticed is when Robi says yes or no his head moves in the wrong direction as in up and down for no and side to side for yes. Has anybody else had this with theirs.
Hope everyone has enjoyed this build have now started R2 D2 to fill the void. Lol.

Many thanks.

John
arpurchase
#103 Posted : 11 February 2017 16:36:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Senseim

The only way is disassemble and reassemble sorry

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#104 Posted : 11 February 2017 16:40:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi TJ

When you reroute your cables at some point you may pulling them to tight this lead to the disconnection that your getting. The nack is to leave enough slack so that movement will not unseat a connection. Not had that head movement happen with mine so not sure on that one.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

senseim
#105 Posted : 05 March 2017 00:19:58

Hi, here is an update on my switching arm issue. I replaced the CPU board as suggested and the twitching is still there. I noticed that it only occurs when Robi is standing still. It does not happen when Robi is actually performing a motion. Could this be a programming issue? It almost looks like the servos don't shutoff or get locked to 0 deg when Robi is stationary.

I would once again like to say that if it was in my opinion a servos issue that it would only affect a particular servos not both arms doing the same thing. Also if it was a connection issue with a particular servo then why would dit affect both arms? I though it might be that two servo's were programmed with the same address but when performing movements the correct servo's do the correct movements so I don't think it is a servo addressing issue.

Looking for anyone's opinion or if they are experiencing the same arm problems.
arpurchase
#106 Posted : 05 March 2017 09:28:46

Hi Senseim

Could you possibly provide a video or the arms twitching please

Andy

senseim
#107 Posted : 05 March 2017 15:28:19

Hi,

I tried to post a video but the site doesn't allow MP4 or mov. Please tell me how to post a video in forum. Thanks
arpurchase
#108 Posted : 05 March 2017 15:57:24

Hi

Take your video and then load it up to YouTube then add the link to your post

Andy

senseim
#109 Posted : 05 March 2017 18:45:16

Hi,

Here's the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/D_FKGkQX88U

Thanks
arpurchase
#110 Posted : 05 March 2017 20:15:21

BigGrin Hi Sensiem

Thanks for the video and its nothing to worry about. When Robi is inactive or awaiting instructions the arm movements are to show he is still switched on and ready for more action. You could liken it to breathing in and out as he waits for instructions.

AndyCool

wickedboy11
#111 Posted : 17 March 2017 19:44:38

I have just finished assembling Robi after receiving my final pack this week. I can't get past the first question. I think it might be the mic board but I'm not sure.

HELP
arpurchase
#112 Posted : 17 March 2017 19:58:01

Hi If you read through this thread from the start there are several ways that people have used to get Robi going. For instance saying yes robi or no robi instead of yes or no can make a difference.

You can still switch him off and he will still go through the start procedures as normal. I suspect that your Robi will be fine you just need to get the way you say your commands right so he can react to them.

Tech
#113 Posted : 23 March 2017 01:19:31

Same issues here with Robi not responding. I have tried all of the sugestions listed here. But interesting enough, the only way I got Robi past the setup was to answer Yes or No in Japanese (simple google translate will pronounce it for you).

But even still, he will not respond to any english not matter how I say it.
If I quote japanese most of the time he will react and talk back in english.

After trying to talk to him for about 3min he shuts himself off. He never really hears what we say even with the head plate off.

Something is not quite right with this Robi. Either the Speech board or and Mic is fauty or both. And yes I have tried everything (also not new to Robotics) 1.Either one or both boards have an issue 2. Or the voice recognition is not registering correctly 3. Or maybe the Mic sensativiy is too low.

I will need to call CS to see what to do or pack it up for return.

darbyvet
#114 Posted : 23 March 2017 14:10:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

HI Tech please respond to my PM.I am forum support for USA.

Carl

Kobrakai1975
#115 Posted : 28 March 2017 15:47:08

Tech wrote:
Same issues here with Robi not responding. I have tried all of the sugestions listed here. But interesting enough, the only way I got Robi past the setup was to answer Yes or No in Japanese (simple google translate will pronounce it for you).

But even still, he will not respond to any english not matter how I say it.
If I quote japanese most of the time he will react and talk back in english.

After trying to talk to him for about 3min he shuts himself off. He never really hears what we say even with the head plate off.

Something is not quite right with this Robi. Either the Speech board or and Mic is fauty or both. And yes I have tried everything (also not new to Robotics) 1.Either one or both boards have an issue 2. Or the voice recognition is not registering correctly 3. Or maybe the Mic sensativiy is too low.

I will need to call CS to see what to do or pack it up for return.

Did you get this resolved in the end ? Have they rectified the problem ?
Tech
#116 Posted : 31 March 2017 18:25:16

@Kobrakai1975
"Did you get this resolved in the end ? Have they rectified the problem ?"

No not yet, I still have the same issue. I was told it might be the battery and waiting for Deagostini to maybe send one out to see if the battery i got is bad.

Although It could be that, I have a feeling its the speech recognition board /Mic or software. I also know there was a few revised boards for Japan's Robi and currious to know if I need to take it back apart and check the board version i have.

I'm also considering paying for new boards. But I will see what happens if i get a battery then go from there.

m0325
#117 Posted : 15 April 2017 17:58:02

Andy: I have encountered the same problem that others have with the unresponsiveness of Robi on the initial start up. After Robi's first question no response to my yes command. I tried all things you have suggested in addition to the noise to the side without the head turning. My first question to you is when does the blue led on that board light up and is it a sign of good board voice recognition function. The second question is can the problem with recognition of voice response be due to some problem in the voice recognition board?
arpurchase
#118 Posted : 15 April 2017 18:19:24

Hi m0325

Have you tried this as posted before:-

Hi If you read through this thread from the start there are several ways that people have used to get Robi going. For instance saying yes robi or no robi instead of yes or no can make a difference.

You can still switch him off and he will still go through the start procedures as normal. I suspect that your Robi will be fine you just need to get the way you say your commands right so he can react to them.

Andy

m0325
#119 Posted : 17 April 2017 19:03:47

Thank you Andy but i have added Robe to my yes. I asked about the function of the blue LED on the mic board and does this have something to do with the response to Robe" question? I will try Japanese but I wonder if I should try a new mic board.
arpurchase
#120 Posted : 17 April 2017 19:41:00

As far as I am aware the blue light just denotes it is on and working. Are you talking to his chest or to the top of his head where the mic is, also on the initial start try to keep all background noise to a minimum.