Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

problem identifying parts Options
eebygum
#1 Posted : 14 January 2017 12:23:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Guys

Bit of help required with some parts. I can't figure out what these strips of metal are they are not the same as the instructions state. I am wondering if these are the "Loadline" if they are there doesn't seem to be enough.Confused

Any help appreciated BigGrin

eebygum attached the following image(s):
46A.JPG
46B.JPG
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 14 January 2017 12:35:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi EBG

When I built mine the loadline was a rolled up piece of brass wire which I discarded and replaced with plastic strip 1mm x 0.5mm.

Are the strips you have made of lead and have lumps cast along there length if they are they are for the loadline as they are like the ones provided with the Akagi.

If they are wire then they are to be cut to length to make the guns for the anti-aircraft gun pods.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

eebygum
#3 Posted : 14 January 2017 12:40:02

Hi Andy

Yes they are made of lead and have small ridges on them if they are the loadline there doesn't seem to be enough I will have a look through my kit and see if there are anymore.

Having looked at the Official Build by Tomick and your build I think I will go for the plastic strips

Thanks for looking and the advice much appreciated

Cheers

Rgds

Terry
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 14 January 2017 16:41:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The lead de-gaussing strips(with the bobbles) look ok but the plastic ones Andy and Tom used are so much better. get more control over laying them too.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

eebygum
#5 Posted : 15 January 2017 00:32:36

thanks for that guys

I think the instructions need updating I spent ages looking for rolled up wire when there wasn't anyMad Mad

Cheers

Rgds

Terry