Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Zarth's HMS Victory build Options
Zarth
#1 Posted : 18 January 2017 07:22:41

Groups: Registered

I received my full kit yesterday, 1/16/17, and I verified all kits and contents were present. Today, I fabbed the keel jig/fixture and nipped keel parts and hull ribs from kits 1 and 2. I have simply pre-fit the parts before even sanding just to see the rough hull assembled. I would not have been satisfied to have to wait a month just to pre-fit the hull, so I'm glad I picked up the full kit. I can build at my own pace and work on the parts that make sense to me. It's been a real good first day. :-) <as soon as I figure out how to attach files, I will post my pics>
File Attachment(s):
0118170058.jpg (789kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
0117171533.jpg (594kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 18 January 2017 07:46:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Zarth, BigGrin

Your pics have appeared as downloads.Blink

To get them to appear as pics they need to be resized, before you post.

Follow the link below and you will find tips on how to post pics.

Posting pics

Hope this helps.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 18 January 2017 07:50:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start Zarth Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Garth
#4 Posted : 20 January 2017 08:12:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Zarth,

Welcome to the forum. You have made a good start.
Looking forward to following your build.

Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Gandale
#5 Posted : 20 January 2017 21:43:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice start you've made.... will enjoy following your progress...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Zarth
#6 Posted : 27 March 2017 00:17:33

Hello Friends. The build is going great. Am in the middle of Pack 3, with 6 rows of planks done and cannon ports for the lower gun deck just about complete. I'm thinking ahead and would like my 12 pounders to stand out a little. Currently, the cannons are black with a black background in the deck compartments. Does anyone have any suggestions that would be "almost" historically correct? Such as painting the cannons red. Or painting the deck compartments light brown or yellow ochre. Looking ahead, it looks like the inside edge of the cannon port liners will painted red ochre, so that may be enough. Thank you for any ideas. Bud
z8000783
#7 Posted : 27 March 2017 10:36:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hi Bud

Good luck with the build.
jase
#8 Posted : 27 March 2017 20:05:37

Enjoy your build, I will be following your progress with interest.

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
birdaj2
#9 Posted : 27 March 2017 20:17:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Bud

You have picked a really nice model with tons of support on this forum.

Hope you have some really fun putting it all together and look forward to seeing how you get along with it.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
ian smith
#10 Posted : 28 March 2017 14:50:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice to see another Victory underway.
Good luck with your build.
Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
magpie1832
#11 Posted : 28 March 2017 20:21:58

Nice start on the Victory Zarth. Look forward to your progress.

Chris Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Zarth
#12 Posted : 12 April 2017 17:23:55

Team, Here's the latest on my Vic build. I'm really happy with how it's going. I use 2 die grinders and files for the cannon ports. It's much easier than trying to Exacto the wood. I'm definitely having issues with perfectly matching the planks, but I'll address the mis-alignments in the hull wood-filling/sanding stage. Overall, pleased with the process and what I see so far. Happy Bud :-)
Zarth attached the following image(s):
Planks-ports_4-12-17_resize.jpg
Garth
#13 Posted : 20 April 2017 12:27:55

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Zarth,
Planking coming along nicely.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
birdaj2
#14 Posted : 20 April 2017 12:46:32

Very nice indeed.

Those gunports certainly test the patience but you have done a great job on yours.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
NikonD60
#15 Posted : 20 April 2017 16:56:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good Zarth, Planking coming along nicely.

It's a nice feeling when you build starts to look like a ship.

Alan.
Today is the tomorrow you wished for yesterday!
Gandale
#16 Posted : 20 April 2017 18:42:28

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along Zarth, nice work on those gun ports....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
NikonD60
#17 Posted : 22 April 2017 08:09:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Good job Zarth.

Planking coming along nicely.
It's a good feeling when your build starts to look like a ship.

Good luck,

Alan.
Today is the tomorrow you wished for yesterday!