Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages «<678
Lee Hollands build diary Options
lholland
#141 Posted : 23 November 2019 18:09:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Oh my oh my almost exactly a year on and R2 is up and running absolutely perfectly. I have been away for a long long period of time from the diary due to unforeseen circumstances but I am overwhelmed by this droid. The batteries all worked perfectly and he is absolutely wonderful. This has to be the best build I have ever done.

I did initially have a few little hiccups with the lightsaber ejection wires disconnecting but I managed to replace those without problem and made the connections a lot tighter inside the dome.

I couldn't help building the drinks holder for him using facilities at my work but unfortunately having been in a redundancy position at the beginning of this year I cannot repeat this effort so this is a one off but well worth it. I am going to redo the deco on the glasses as this did not come out as well as I had hoped but that will be fairly straight forward. I am really pleased to see others coming along and completing well and I really hope everyone has enjoyed building the ultimate R2D2 like me.

All in all I am absolutely blown away by the result and even with all my efforts he has turned out exactly as I had hoped. Enjoy the pics and I'm sorry for the long delay.
File Attachment(s):
R2D2 124.jpg (372kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
R2D2 125.jpg (356kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
R2D2 126.jpg (355kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
R2D2 127.jpg (373kb) downloaded 43 time(s).
delboy271155
#142 Posted : 23 November 2019 19:41:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Great news on your success with your R2 unit and the drinks carrier is "AMAZING".

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Just be careful if the little fellow goes walkabout on his own, that he can get back in a straight line if the glasses are empty. Hic !! LOL LOL

Well done.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#143 Posted : 23 November 2019 21:21:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Excellent result, just in time for Christmas drinks all round.Love Love Drool Drool

Mark
lholland
#144 Posted : 26 November 2019 21:41:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks for the kind word guys!!BigGrin BigGrin