Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<23456>
Occre Lisboa Tram Dio Options
birdaj2
#61 Posted : 19 April 2017 17:42:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Derek

I am sure you will come up with something very well.

The more you think about the builds the more complex it gets BigGrin all part of the fun.

Been thinking about how best to display my loco and have some ideas but i think i am getting into the relms of OTT BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
tigerace
#62 Posted : 23 April 2017 12:51:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Derek i also use these as well very reasonable priced as wellBigGrin regards PhilCool

http://www.fieldsofglorymodels.co.uk/
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

ian smith
#63 Posted : 31 May 2017 12:23:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking very Nice Derek, look forward to seeing your weathering.
Ian Cool Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Tomick
#64 Posted : 26 September 2017 16:24:36

Groups:

How's this looking?
delboy271155
#65 Posted : 27 September 2017 17:05:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Tomick wrote:
How's this looking?

Apologies, I missed this yesterday. Blushing

Hope to have this and a couple of other builds back on the table in the next couple of weeks.

I`m clearing what space I have and develping a new modelling room.

At the moment I`m using a small computer table, with computer on it and my C57 is now over hanging the available space. So all I can say at this time is, please hold on I`m getting there. Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

delboy271155
#66 Posted : 29 September 2017 18:29:40

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I`ve managed to clear the first space in the new modelling room and fit the table. Another table of the same length will be to the right of this one.

The table in the pic will be my large build area, the one to the right (coming soon)will be the smaller build, hand paint area.

So hope to have an update on the tram and dio soon.

For now, a pic (below) of the newest part of my workroom.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20170929_181201.jpg

Gandale
#67 Posted : 29 September 2017 22:58:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like a decent size table to work on Derek. This hobby has a tendancy to out a work area and the necessity to create more space....BigGrin BigGrin .. I'm in the final throws of creating my new work room, a lot of work but hopefully it will all be worth the effort in the end.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#68 Posted : 04 October 2017 23:13:53

Ok, here`s the next update.Blink Blink

Yep it`s been a while, but the workshop update kept growing and growing and money went on new gadgets and gizmo`s and then work.........Crying

My situation has changed recently and I`ve got back to this, so here`s the update:

Last pic was of the street base, completed as far as the cobbles and pavement slabs were concerned and due sealing and base coat. So that`s where I`ll pick up.

I gave the base two coats of sealer, because the main base was MDF and the cobbles and paving stones are pressed paper. Then gave a grey base coat to ready it for weathering. Pic 1

The weathering of the base will be some time off, as the base is not needed for some while. Lots to do before it`s needed

So, the very start of the dio facade.Pic 2

This is just about half the main wall of the building frontage. Just attached the two halves and can now start making it look like the wall of a building. More in next update.

Now back to the tram.

I`d finished the floor of the tram centre section and have now made the eight metal and four wooden seat bases. The wooden bases are fixed and now need staining to match the floor and the eight metal bases are not fixed to the floor (just left for the glue to set in the rails to get correct shape), these will be painted black with the centre bars in brass. All shown in Pic 3.

This kit does not leave you to paint the seat and back panels, you cover them in a very nice leather type material. Which with their size you become a miniature upholsterer.

A seat base and the material are shown in Pic 4.

A covered seat base in Pic 5.

and the underside of a seat base in Pic 6.

So, more to come soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Dio 19.jpg
Dio 20.jpg
Dio 21.jpg
Dio 22.jpg
Dio 23.jpg
Dio 24.jpg

davetwin
#69 Posted : 05 October 2017 16:24:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice update Derek Cool

I wonder how long that new modelling table will stay that clean and tidy for LOL
Spal
#70 Posted : 05 October 2017 17:13:09

Good to see this progressing Derek Cool nice work.

Al
Gandale
#71 Posted : 05 October 2017 19:25:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely work Derek, very nice progress....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#72 Posted : 05 October 2017 20:59:24

Looking Good Derek.Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
delboy271155
#73 Posted : 06 October 2017 01:25:33

Thanks to all who have taken the time to look in and the comments are much appreciated.

The seats are going to take a time to get a decent finish on them with the covering and then they have to be framed before fitting to the bases. So lots to do.

To break up the repetative bit and having the whole kit, I`ve found a part of the build to give me a break. More on that soon, suffice to say that the tram seems like a ship as it needs planking. Confused Blink Confused

Now reference this quote:

davetwin wrote:
I wonder how long that new modelling table will stay that clean and tidy for LOL

Easy, I`ve got another one that`s just a straight version of that one, so I can spread the same amount of stuff over a bigger area. So won`t look so bad. Well that`s the theory.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Next update soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

tigerace
#74 Posted : 06 October 2017 10:14:50

Like the new modeling tableBigGrin you won`t recognise it in a whileLaugh great to see the update on the tramDrool regards phil
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#75 Posted : 06 October 2017 10:44:26

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Derek, love the new table.

Mark
delboy271155
#76 Posted : 06 October 2017 23:08:41

Thanks for all the views and comments, they are most appreciated.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Been busy with some other stuff today, but in between times managed to get some basics done on the tram.

Quite a bit of the tram is duplicated as it`s the same at either end.

So I`ll show the work at one end and indicate when it`s duplicated.

Here`s the start of one end, that as stated before takes me back to ship building. YEP "planking" (Only a little bit though) Flapper

To begin five pieces make up the starting frame for the front/back end.

See, duplicated. LOL

Pic 1: shows the parts fitted and glued, there are three lugs underneath that will locate into the main floor at a later date.

Pic 2: two vertical uprights are added, (these are the front edges of the door frames) then the outer planking is started.

Pic 3: shows the outer planking completed and had it`s first sanding.

Pic 4: shows the interior planking, which due to the fact it`s seriously thin has a very light sanding.

Pics 5+6: are just dry fits of the next section of the build and show the upper frame of the drivers cab. (Glazed window frames to be added later)

You will notice two red arrows in Pic 6 and these are the only points where I need to adjust and hold when glueing.

So that`s all for now.BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
Dio 25.jpg
Dio 26.jpg
Dio 27.jpg
Dio 28.jpg
Dio 29.jpg
Dio 30.jpg

delboy271155
#77 Posted : 17 October 2017 23:25:41

Hi All,BigGrin

Time for a small update on my work done in the small hours, when I get home from work or waiting for something else to dry/set etc.

In the last update I recognised a couple of small adjustments that would be required when glueing the window frames and upper panel of the driver units. These being minor adjustments I`ve continued with the assemblies.

Pic 1: shows the window base and floor panels fixed in place on one end unit.

Pic 2: shows both end units at the same stage.

Pic 3: shows the floor panelled and two of the driver conrol units made, but not painted or fixed at this time.

The second end unit is on hold as the kit has not supplied enough wood strip for the floor. The cutting list states nine pieces required but that should be eighteen (nine each end). Difference of approx 800mm. Cursing

Well that`s in hand and should be sorted in the next couple of days. I`ve made the driver control units for the second end in preperation.

So I moved on to another part of the build to keep things moving forward.

The main passenger section has it`s own roof section.

Pic 4: shows the frame for the roof.

Pic 5: shows the internal side of the roof planked.

Pic 6: shows the internal side of the roof sealed in preparation for painting white.

With a lot of time waiting for things to set/dry I took a step back.

Pic 7: shows some more seat bases covered.

Well that`s all for now.

Happy building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
Dio 31.jpg
Dio 32.jpg
Dio 33.jpg
Dio 34.jpg
Dio 35.jpg
Dio 36.jpg
Dio 37.jpg

Gandale
#78 Posted : 17 October 2017 23:34:36

She's growing Derek, coming along beautifully.....Drool Drool .. Look forward to seeing more of this build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
darbyvet
#79 Posted : 18 October 2017 01:08:41

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

great to see more of this build.

Carl
Markwarren
#80 Posted : 18 October 2017 07:20:00

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work DerekLove , it look an enjoyable build.BigGrin

Mark