Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Shauns T-72 build Options
Shauncnh
#1 Posted : 21 January 2017 22:29:39

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I should just like to announce my T-72 tank build.BigGrin
My first pack arrived yesterday and my build will get under way tomorrow.Cool
I have yet to decide if I will carry out any modifications, at the moment I am just going to build the kit as the instructions say and will decide once completed as to any modification.

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Build- titanic,Skyrider drone, solar system, T72 tank
davetwin
#2 Posted : 21 January 2017 22:33:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to seeing you get started BigGrin Cool
Spal
#3 Posted : 21 January 2017 22:45:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck on your build ShaunBigGrin look forward to seeing your work.

Al
Gandale
#4 Posted : 21 January 2017 22:53:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good choice Shaun, look forward to seeing you get started.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Shauncnh
#5 Posted : 22 January 2017 12:55:37

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thank you all for your kind words.
So this morning I cleaned of the dinning room table and have made a start on my T-72 tank build.

Pack 1
Below is an overview picture of all the parts supplied with pack 1 and also the tools I have chosen to use.

I have to say the quality of the parts supplied and outstanding and I my only complaint so far would be that you get no magazine with the instructions in and you have to download them from the website.

Stage 1
With stage one we are supplied the turret, Searchlight, commanders hatch and rim, 3 screws and 5 track treads and pins.

After opening the pack I was surprised to find that the turret was metal, I had just assumed it was going to be plastic.

In this stage the commanders hatch is fitted with the rim piece and searchlight and than the hole piece is screwed onto the turret. I did find that the screws where a tight fit though the metal turret so I just drilled them out a bit.

The track parts are put aside for use later in the build.

Stage Time- 10 Minutes Build Time- 10 Minutes

Regards Shaun

Building-RC spitfire
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:00:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start, nice to see a T72 build underway.BigGrin
Shauncnh
#7 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:07:53

Stage 2

With stage 2 we are supplied the gun barrel, 2 containers, stowage bin external fuel drum, 6 screws and 5 more track treads and pins.

With this stage the two halves of the external fuel drums are screwed together insuring the two half circles and clamp bolts line up.

Next the stowage bin is screwed to the back of the turret and the 2 containers are screwed to the top in the correct places. Again I needed to drill out the mounting holes. This is also when you need a good quality screw driving set to reach the screws inside the turret.

Again all unused parts are put aside.

Stage Time- 10 Minutes Build Time- 20 Minutes

Regards Shaun

Building-RC spitfire
Shauncnh
#8 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:23:46

Stage 3;
With stage 3 we are supplied Gunners hatch, side bin, Snorkel, Machine gun, 6 screws and tank crew figurine.

In this stage the gunner hatch is fitted along with the snorkel.

Then the commanders hatch is removed and the machine gun fitted to it, the hatch is then screwed back into place.

That completes this stage, all unused parts are stored for later use.

Stage time- 10 Minutes Build time- 30 Minutes

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Shauncnh
#9 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:36:19

Stage 4
With stage 4 we are supplied Inner sprocket, Rim, Outer sprocket, Drive wheel, wheel cap, 5 track treads and pins, 5 screws and screwdriver.

Firstly the two holes in the outer sprocket are tapped using one of the screw tightening half a turn and backing of 1/4 turn each time.

Next the screws are removed and the rim fitted, the inner sprocket is now fitted and screwed into place.

All unused parts placed to one side for later use.

Stage time- 15 Minutes Build Time- 45 Minutes

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
Shauncnh
#10 Posted : 22 January 2017 13:44:47

Stage 5

With stage 5 we are supplied outer idler wheel, Cap wheel, 3 Screws, Bolt, inner idler wheel and 10 track pins and treads.

I found that I first had to drill the three holes in the outer idler wheel to 2mm before I could tap them using a screw as in stage 4. Once the holes are tapped the bolt is fitted and the two idler wheel screwed together.

I put the nut and washers on the bolt to stop any of them getting lost.
This last photo shows all parts assembled so far.

All parts and now stored safely away until next month.

Stage Time- 15 Minutes Build Time- 1 Hour

Regards Shaun
Building-RC spitfire
stevie_o
#11 Posted : 22 January 2017 14:28:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#12 Posted : 22 January 2017 15:17:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It's good to see a build log of this up and running.

Great work Shaun Cool You can imagine how heavy this will be by the time you get the gear boxes, motors, tracks and all the other the internals in Blink
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 22 January 2017 16:42:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Shaun

Nice start to your build.

From what I have seen of the videos on YouTube this looks a very nice model.

Hope you get lots of fun from the build and from running it when complete.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Spal
#14 Posted : 22 January 2017 19:25:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Shaun Cool

Al