Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hi All Options
Jamie
#1 Posted : 30 March 2010 20:50:44

Groups: Registered

Thought I would just say hi to you all and say what a great site/forum this is. I have subscribed to the magazine and received my first 2 copies a few days ago. My fingers have itched to open the packets and get cracking. But I thought I'd have a read around first as this is my very first model ship build and I can say that I'm glad I did have a read cause I now intend on waiting for a few issues to come through before starting to give me time to put together a keel jig.

It's little things like that that I have found to be an eye opener along with a few other threads posted that have made me change my mind about things before I start, like the thread on adhesives - I have now ordered different glues recommened to use instead of PVA and normal runny super glue. Then there's the one on painting - and yes I'm gonna go with the Trafalgar theme.

Oh the list goes on for the different bits and bobs I'll be getting to hopefully make the build a bit easier, so thanks to all who posted the various threads to which I will, eventually, get around to posting on those to thank personnally. Good work to Admin too for the timely responses to everyones answers. I was quite supprised that there is that level of after care given to customers.

Sorry if I've ran on to long, just so excited about finally getting on here (that's another story I've save for later) and getting my first 2 issues and............. DOH here I go again.......Blink

PS Prepare yourself for some newbie questions......Sorry

I wish I were a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum,
'Cause how can you be grumpy?
When the sun shines out ya bum!!
jonny5j
#2 Posted : 30 March 2010 21:03:14

Groups: Registered

Hi jamie good to have you on board and good luck with your build
john
HMS VICTORY
HMS SURPRISE