Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
1:8 scale lewis hamilton Options
jumble75
#1 Posted : 12 April 2011 16:34:29

Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi all im new to the forum so hello to everyone.
I was woundering if there is going to be a figure of lewis hamilton to go with the model if not where could i get one from as me personally i think this will give it the finshing touch.
manythanks
jumbleBigGrin
Senna94
#2 Posted : 12 April 2011 16:41:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Welcome!
Im fairly new myself.
I dont think there will be a figure for this car... But the Japanese version of the magazine supplied the collecter with a Hamilton Helmet... I'm just trying to find the link......
The Japanese also have a set of wet tyres to complete the British GP 08 look, which I have been told by Admin we will get these too!
Hope this helps!
Building the McLaren MP4-23
jumble75
#3 Posted : 12 April 2011 16:46:21

thanks for that senna94
Senna94
#4 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:03:14

http://translate.google....6rls%3Den%26prmd%3Divns

Thats the Rain tyres ...

Also the Part List -

http://translate.google....6rls%3Den%26prmd%3Divns

But unfortunatly I cant find the Helmet link!! Sorry Blink
Tomick
#5 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:13:46

Groups:

Its unwise to read too much into what you see on another site, often series differ from country to country, and also the run of how parts are supplied.
jumble75
#6 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:20:22

Do you think there will be a figure with model????
Senna94
#7 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:28:28

Tomick wrote:
Its unwise to read too much into what you see on another site, often series differ from country to country, and also the run of how parts are supplied.

Im not reading into it at all... but its more to go on than we currently have... More of an example than a set in stone, this is how it is.

But as far as the Rain Tyres and stand go we've been told by Admin we will be offered these later down the line.
hil26
#8 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:31:24

Senna94 wrote:

But as far as the Rain Tyres and stand go we've been told by Admin we will be offered these later down the line.

offered? Confused does that mean to pay for - as in optional extra?

Dave
Senna94
#9 Posted : 12 April 2011 17:32:15

hil26 wrote:
Senna94 wrote:

offered? Confused does that mean to pay for - as in optional extra?

Didnt say... Id assume we'd have to pay... like the binders!
Michael68
#10 Posted : 12 April 2011 18:07:37

Senna94 wrote:
Tomick wrote:

Im not reading into it at all... but its more to go on than we currently have... More of an example than a set in stone, this is how it is.

Is there a post where Admin confirmed this, I can't find anything and I'm really interested in this option!! Crying
Senna94
#11 Posted : 12 April 2011 18:41:16

Michael68 wrote:
Senna94 wrote:
Tomick wrote:

Is there a post where Admin confirmed this, I can't find anything and I'm really interested in this option!! Crying

Correction - It was on the facebook page - I posted - Danny Teasdale -
Hey Guys, Just a quick question, As a someone who is looking forward to building the model tremendously and someone who has a fairly big model collection of McLaren cars already I've found the Japanese version of this site and noticed there are some different subscriber gifts which I think would be greatly suited to us realists for example the rain tyres and tyre trolley. Would it be possible to either include these kind of items for subscribers or give us the option to purchase these? Obviously probably the most iconic win for Lewis in 08 was the Silverstone wet driving masterclass and having wet tyres on the model would top it off greatly.
Also I've seen on the Japanese modeller blogs that a helmet is provided aswell.... is that included in partwork at all? Thanks alot

and the response - Model Space - Hi Danny, good points you have raised! Everything Japan has done, you will have the option to do the same. I'll find out the plans for these items but they will be available to you all. Thanks :)
scotty2hotty
#12 Posted : 12 April 2011 18:56:02

really want the rain tyres. The helmet would look good just sitting on the sidepod. Be cool to have a nosecone with the horns on. I wonder when these extras would be available...? Wonder if it would only be when its complete
Senna94
#13 Posted : 12 April 2011 21:04:39

scotty2hotty wrote:
really want the rain tyres. The helmet would look good just sitting on the sidepod. Be cool to have a nosecone with the horns on. I wonder when these extras would be available...? Wonder if it would only be when its complete

I do also remember seeing a picture of the nose horns on another Jap site, but cant remember for the life of me where!

Although, I'd prefer the Brit GP version... Was a fantastic occasion for me... First GP ever attended and for that outcome I was over the moon!
scotty2hotty
#14 Posted : 12 April 2011 23:23:41

yea i was there too, in woodcote. just seeing the gap between hamilton and raikkonen increasing was giving me goosebumps!
Senna94
#15 Posted : 13 April 2011 19:06:20

scotty2hotty wrote:
yea i was there too, in woodcote. just seeing the gap between hamilton and raikkonen increasing was giving me goosebumps!

Ditto mate! Whatta race eh!
f1marshal
#16 Posted : 18 April 2011 14:06:00

I remember that race very well i was at farm on the inside right next to where massa spun just before bridge bend and was facing the other way, was scary for me as cars was driving either side of him and he was part of the way down the hill so it was blind to everyone, i was ready to hit the deck if anyone had of hit him as i was trackside... well on the bank where my marshal post was so no fence for me
Paul

Current builds:
1/24 Spitfire
1/48 Apache Longbow
Titanic Lifeboat
admin
#17 Posted : 18 April 2011 17:42:35

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

scotty2hotty wrote:

Hi,

McLaren extras

We are still in negotiation with McLaren over some elements. The wet tyre set is not currently part of the McLaren product - the dry tyres are. However we are hoping to be able to offer a set of the wet tyres at some point - pending McLaren approval - for the UK market. Possibly as a special edition - they you can chose whether you want to dispplay your MP4-23 with wet or dry tyres. This is the plan, and we will update you when we have confirmation of this.

The 1:8 scale Lewis Hamilton Helmet is sadly not possible for the UK as a sale item. Sad

A display case is in development for all markets, and as soon as we have our approved prototype we will advise of costs and expected availability. BigGrin
thanks

Admin.
scotty2hotty
#18 Posted : 18 April 2011 18:17:00

thanks for the info. Hopefully the tyres will get the go ahead. I can live without the helmet.

As for a display case, i like! Admin, any info of what to expect? Glass? Perspex? Colour of base? And what i think would be nice, a little plaque perhaps?
hil26
#19 Posted : 18 April 2011 18:45:05

scotty2hotty wrote:
thanks for the info. Hopefully the tyres will get the go ahead. I can live without the helmet.

As for a display case, i like! Admin, any info of what to expect? Glass? Perspex? Colour of base? And what i think would be nice, a little plaque perhaps?

and an idea of cost

thanks

Dave
tony1812
#20 Posted : 19 April 2011 00:22:39

admin wrote:
A display case is in development for all markets, and as soon as we have our approved prototype we will advise of costs and expected availability. BigGrin
thanks

Admin.

This sounds good and was going to be my question. This is by far the best quality model I have worked on. I would like to protect it and display it the best I can.