Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
Tony's E-Type Build Diary Options
birdaj2
#61 Posted : 02 April 2017 09:17:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
The cam lobes differ from the test because they are closer to accuracy than those of the test. Also the, the seat cover of the test was faux leather, the launch version is real leather.

Tom

Thanks for that.

The seat certainly looks a lot better as the grain is real fine on the new version.

Not sure what to do about the cam shafts as i mentioned earlier. I do not really want cs to have to go to the trouble of sending out a complete replacement if i could get away with using the old parts.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Geoff44
#62 Posted : 02 April 2017 12:11:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Good start Tony with the new parts. Regarding the painting of the oil filler cap, I might do mine in red, rather than black, but it does look nicer painted. I received my first two parts the other day, but I am waiting until I get a few more issues before continuing on with my diary build.
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
birdaj2
#63 Posted : 02 April 2017 17:21:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Geoff

Red sounds like a nice option.

Sounds a good idea to build up a few issues before making a start as it will give you a bit more build time at the workbench

Sure you will gets lots of pleasure from building this one as I am BigGrin
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Sticky Wickett
#64 Posted : 04 April 2017 09:13:03

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Excellent diary Tony. Great build so far. Watching with interest.

Regards,
Phil W
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
birdaj2
#65 Posted : 04 April 2017 09:21:55

Phil

Many thanks.

This looks to be a really nice model from thesecearly stages.

The wheel builds are just so detailed and well thought out.

Cannot wait for the next parts to start arriving.
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#66 Posted : 15 April 2017 23:45:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Tony, I am finding your post 42 referring to picture 6 of issue 4 instructions a little misleading. You are correct in saying that step 6 shows the angle of the spoke pointing to the right where all other pics show the angle pointing to the left however, Step 6 as shown below, simply shows and instructs the spoke being fitted through the hub using tweezers, it does not show it being attached to the wheel rim nor does it say anything about orientation. In Step 7 again shown below, the instruction clearly shows the spoke being fitted to the rim with the angle at the end pointing to the left. If builders follow the instructions as laid out then they should not encounter any confusion or problems as shown in the Official Build. Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gandale attached the following image(s):
Pic 6.JPG
Pic 7.JPG
birdaj2
#67 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:05:53

Alan

I take it youare referring to posr 41 rather than 42?

I have made an amendement to the text i had in there tohopefully make it a little clearer as to what i was referring to.

I think unless you are careful to look at the spoke orientation leaving the hub it might be possible to get caught out here and try to insert the spoke the wrong way as the tweezer ends to my eye cover the end of the spoke ends direction.

I know (having done it myself at different times) how you can get caught out if you have not 100% looked at and understood the directions fully.

To be honest with you not sure there is much point keeping this diary going now as it will probable have very little interest to the builders that are now much further into their builds than me.
Happy Modelling

Tomick
#68 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:34:52

Groups:

Why would it not be of interest. Build diaries are always of interest regardless of trying to lead the way or not
birdaj2
#69 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:38:45

Tom

That is very kind of you to say - many thanks.
Happy Modelling

Martyn Ingram
#70 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:55:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Certainly agree with Tom your builds are always interesting to watch, keep up the good work m8

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
birdaj2
#71 Posted : 16 April 2017 09:58:08

Martyn

Really appreciate that - many thanks BigGrin
Happy Modelling

Gandale
#72 Posted : 16 April 2017 10:21:42

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

birdaj2 wrote:
Alan

I take it youare referring to posr 41 rather than 42?

I have made an amendement to the text i had in there tohopefully make it a little clearer as to what i was referring to.

I think unless you are careful to look at the spoke orientation leaving the hub it might be possible to get caught out here and try to insert the spoke the wrong way as the tweezer ends to my eye cover the end of the spoke ends direction.

I know (having done it myself at different times) how you can get caught out if you have not 100% looked at and understood the directions fully.

To be honest with you not sure there is much point keeping this diary going now as it will probable have very little interest to the builders that are now much further into their builds than me.

Hi Tony, thanks for amending the text, it does make things a lot clearer, appreciated.

Build diaries are very much enjoyed by members, learning a variety of valuable tips and techniques along the way. I enjoy following your builds, learning from your skills and hope your Jag diary will continue. I look forward to your next update...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
birdaj2
#73 Posted : 16 April 2017 10:45:25

Alan

I do appreciate that many thanks.

No worries amending as its only correct it should mot cause confusion.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

Bobbaf3nn
#74 Posted : 16 April 2017 10:59:47

Great start to whats going to be a stunning build when completed
Current builds: Eaglemoss DeLorean, Deagostini R2 D2 Build
MFG
#75 Posted : 16 April 2017 15:05:56

Hi,

birdaj2 wrote:

Tony I know that you must be feeling a bit down with the problems you're having with your account but I'm sure it will get sorted for you soon and of course you could always forget the subscription and get it from your local newsagents - at least that way you'll get a copy every week which may also deal with your worries about being behind, in fact you will of course end up being in front and don't forget that from what I can tell most people building this are waiting a while to start anyway.

As for your diary not being of interest - well that's just untrue the effort you put into your posts and the advise you give is I'm sure very much of interest and appreciated by many people regardless of their level of skill.

"Chin up hun"

May.
birdaj2
#76 Posted : 16 April 2017 15:21:36

May

Much appreciated

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

Spal
#77 Posted : 16 April 2017 18:57:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

MFG wrote:
Hi,

birdaj2 wrote:

Tony I know that you must be feeling a bit down with the problems you're having with your account but I'm sure it will get sorted for you soon and of course you could always forget the subscription and get it from your local newsagents - at least that way you'll get a copy every week which may also deal with your worries about being behind, in fact you will of course end up being in front and don't forget that from what I can tell most people building this are waiting a while to start anyway.

As for your diary not being of interest - well that's just untrue the effort you put into your posts and the advise you give is I'm sure very much of interest and appreciated by many people regardless of their level of skill.

"Chin up hun"

May.

As May rightly says its early days on this build and nobody is further than pack 5 as far as i'm aware, so its certainly no time to be ending your diary. You can never have too many diarys as everyone brings something to the forum and i'm sure most people are helped by them.

Look forward to seeing your next update.

Al
birdaj2
#78 Posted : 16 April 2017 19:06:50

Al

Many thanks.

Happy Modelling

AlecK
#79 Posted : 16 April 2017 20:25:15

Just to echo previous comments I've found your diary comments and tips invaluable. Please keep your diary and excellent pics going. Re. Your comments about the cam lobes mine don't fit flush or as tightly on one side compared to the other. A shame. I'm not sure a replacement issue would make any difference.

As for being slightly behind on the build, that doesn't matter in the least and hasn't bothered the official build diary which originally posted build issues we all had to wait for. 😁
Happy modelling

Alec
birdaj2
#80 Posted : 16 April 2017 21:20:17

AlecK wrote:

Just to echo previous comments I've found your diary comments and tips invaluable. Please keep your diary and excellent pics going. Re. Your comments about the cam lobes mine don't fit flush or as tightly on one side compared to the other. A shame. I'm not sure a replacement issue would make any difference.

As for being slightly behind on the build, that doesn't matter in the least and hasn't bothered the official build diary which originally posted build issues we all had to wait for. 😁

Alec

Many thanks. As soon as it all gets sorted i will continue with my updates BigGrin
Happy Modelling