Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

HMS Surprise parts numbering Options
Anita_52
#1 Posted : 14 February 2017 10:11:43

Groups: Registered

Good day,
I started working on my model and receive monthly parts. I recently received pack 11.

None of the parts are numbered on the die-casts and this is difficult to identify according to the assembly guides, which can be downloaded, received via an e-mail notification, but the assembly guides indicate part numbers, but the parts themselves are not physically numbered.

I opened all the boxes of all 11 packs and not one single part is numbered on die pre-cut die-casts.

I managed to assemble the vertical keels 1, 2 and 3. And I was able to identify parts 4 to 9 and assemble them. Packs 1 and 2 have 4 die-casts in them together, and now I am facing the difficulties in assembling the frames because I don't know in which order to assemble them. On the assembly guide they are parts 10 to 23, but they are not numbered on the die-casts

I never had this problem on assembling and finished the Sovereign of the Seas and The Black Pearl.

Now I am stuck with the HMS Surprise because not one part is numbered, nor the sizes of all received strips.

Could someone please indicate where I can download the complete assembly guide with more detailed images and images of all packs on which the parts are actually numbered, or maybe just send me the numbering of the frames as they appear on the die-casts

I also did send an e-mail to, explaining my problem but haven't receive a reply yet.

I am desperate please

Greetings
Anita

Gandale
#2 Posted : 14 February 2017 10:25:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Anita and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time with us and your build... You may find this post helpful....

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=19318

Regards

Alan
Anita_52
#3 Posted : 14 February 2017 12:56:38

Hi Alan,
You are an angel. I thank you very much.
I went through all the packs and cannot seem to find the plans for the masts and yards or will I receive them pre-prepared?

Secondly, I used spray paint on my previous two models, but they don't seem to have the glossy effect. I did read the general tips in pack 1 on vanishing and painting. Would it be wise to varnish, paint and varnish again

A
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 14 February 2017 19:04:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Anita
On my surprise I used Danish oil on the lower planks and Admiralty paints above. Mine was all brush painted and gave a nice coverage.

The masts and yards don't come ready done. You should be able to download the plans for the yards and masts.
Here is link to mine.
Cheers
Chris

https://www.dropbox.com/...urprise%20Plans.pdf?dl=0
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Anita_52
#5 Posted : 15 February 2017 07:34:03

Hi Chris,
Thank you very much for your response. I will help me a lot
A