Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Part 4 Options
AlecK
#1 Posted : 21 February 2017 17:44:47

Groups: Registered

I'm new to the forums so please be patient with me.

I fitted the disc supplied in part 4 and turned it to the extent of the bayonet fitting. It is tight as far as rotation is concerned but wobbles if gently moved up and down (towards top or bottom of leg). It's as though the disc is too small for the outer edges it is secured against.

A friend is doing the same build and his fits tightly. What are other people's experience of this? I'm wondering whether I need to order a new part and if so whether it's the disc or the leg.

Any thoughts most appreciated.
Happy modelling

Alec
pemberg
#2 Posted : 21 February 2017 19:14:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

Mine is the same. The pivot cover goes tight as it is turned but once it hits the stops and "clicks" into place it is slightly loose.

I suspect your friend has not completely turned the cover to the stops and has stopped turning it once it felt tight.

Graeme
AlecK
#3 Posted : 21 February 2017 22:05:44

Actually, no. He has turned right to the stop. I sent him a clip of mine and he is very curious!

Problem solved...

CORRECTION - turns out he didn't turn it quite to the stop. I've backed mine off a bit and now it's solid just as you said. I prefer this to it potentially rattling when it's on the move. Mine didn't click when I gave it the extra bit to the stop.

Looking at a member build pic on the forum and the World of Wayne YouTube they haven't gone quite to the end so I think I'm doing it right now.

Happy modelling

Alec
pemberg
#4 Posted : 22 February 2017 09:34:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi AlecK

Happy you have this sorted to your satisfaction. I would suggest that as well as looking at the official build diary, you also check out the official video build at
https://www.youtube.com/...phYZW9OUKndCE_wekwtnEGN

I look forward to seeing a build diary of your build.

Graeme