Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Modified electrical fans Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 22 February 2017 08:27:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert

Hi Falcon fans

I just want to do a little report to my next Modification on the falcon.
My Falcon has already got several modifications. As for example burning blaster strokes, illuminated motors, Caution Lights, Landing and Position Lights etc. But for me it is still not enough. Now it is time for biggest one.I want to modify the six Fans. The original Fans of the falcon are only in one piece, which are not mobile. The fans I have got now are two separate parts, fan and ring. I want them running. So I started planning this Modification. The start is the mounting of the six electrical engines.
Each engine has got a Engine speed of 1650rpm. When they all run it is enough to get your hair dry.BigGrin

Firstly it is necessary to do some Modifications on the Frame. This isn´t a Problem I think this would go well. When all engines are mounted I want them to run one by one when the Engine start sound of my sound module gets started. When the engine sound is on its highest level all six Fans must run. Five seconds later the smoke system switches on. The smoke engine is a spare part I have from a Tank. It works with smoke oil. That's all a little tricky, but I do think doing it step by step it would go well.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
davetwin
#2 Posted : 22 February 2017 18:15:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thats a very interesting mod Andreas, one that will look amazing when complete.

I dont think I've actually seen anyone else doing this Drool
Andreas
#3 Posted : 22 February 2017 19:48:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin wrote:
Thats a very interesting mod Andreas, one that will look amazing when complete.

I dont think I've actually seen anyone else doing this Drool

Hi Davetwin
i also did not see anything like that till now. I searched youtube without any Results. Today i mounted all six engines. Think i would starting wire up the engines in the next days.The engine shafts protrude 6 mm through the linings, so it is enough lenght for the fans. I still have to wait for the fans to arrive. Would surely take another week. Now it is time to mount the Smoke engine and the small pipes to transport the smoke to the fans. try to figure out which is the best place.

Regards
Andreas

Forum Support Team
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 22 February 2017 20:21:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That`s some "MOD"

WTG Andreas, thats going to look real neat.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#5 Posted : 22 February 2017 23:28:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very interesting and looking great.... looking forward to seeing how it all turns out....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Andreas
#6 Posted : 25 February 2017 09:22:51

Hi Guys
This is now the second test,after reducing the speed off the Motors by installing a potentiometer. The motors now run all,and now it goes to the individual control of the fans. Unfortunately, my fans are not yet on site. They will also influence the speed by their weight. Therefore a final setting is only possible when the fans are there. The main thing is first that they are implanted clean, and work well. Everything else comes by itself, but should not be a problem. I just attached a short clip. If you have any tips for optimizing, I´d like to take itBigGrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZf_rzNsGs
Forum Support Team
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 25 February 2017 13:00:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking really good. Judging by the size of those motors, wherever you put the model, it's going to keep that room cool. Laugh

Mark
Andreas
#8 Posted : 04 March 2017 17:22:47

Hi Guys

Now I solved the problem with the speed,and can handle it as fast i want it. Can control the speed nicely now. When the fans start, the caution lights go on. They go off when the fans go down. My ordered fans have not yet arrived, but for testing wood propellers do the sameBigGrin . The next step is the sound module with the start noise from the Falcon.I just have to do little programming.I want the Fans go on when the sound module starts.Then when everything works,then last but least the installing off the smoke engine must be done. Then I think the falcon is enough ModifiedBigGrin.I just attached a small clip from the Fans and Caution Lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjuOlGSxIvU
Forum Support Team
Andreas
#9 Posted : 18 March 2017 07:55:22

Hi everyoneBigGrin

Finally it´s done!!BigGrin
The electric fans are mounted. Now only a few corrections have to be carried out. A fan grinds to the cover. The lines for the smoke are laid, so only the smoke system has to be installed. Then the last steps of painting the fans must be made. I'm glad the fan theme is done.I think it came out nicely.

Regards Andreas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoWIZXZ4Cn0

Forum Support Team
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 18 March 2017 16:04:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That`s looking good and can only get better with the smoke unit fitted.

Cool Cool Cool

Well done.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#11 Posted : 18 March 2017 18:52:58

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#12 Posted : 18 March 2017 20:43:49

Well done - that is some very skilful modelling.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach