Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Vaggy's deagostini R2 build (attemptšŸ¤£) Options
Vaggy
#1 Posted : 24 February 2017 12:06:17

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi all, after much deliberation and admitted failure, I have bitten the bullet and decided to build good ole R2. A little explanation, I tried (using the word loosely) to build the RC spitfire some time ago. Lost bits,got annoyed, broke bits and generally failed miserably.....i am a lifelong star wars fan and love tinkering. So I subscribed and have waited (with child like "Can I do it now") until issue 8 to start this iconic droid. Now, I'm going to ATTEMPT (again loosely) to keep a build diary, and in conjunction run a blog along side with vids,pics and general chunderings of progress and problems....any helps, thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Vaggy
#2 Posted : 24 February 2017 12:09:47

While I think about it. Just to explain, I'm doing the blog as a progress diary and if people read it, they can see the trials and tribulations of a very amateur builder/blogger.....never done either before!!!! Lol
Thanks
stevegbr
#3 Posted : 24 February 2017 12:16:48

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

welcome along vaggy, you are in the right place if you get stuck, quite a few doing this build , including myself, feel free to ask a question, someone will help.
Vaggy
#4 Posted : 24 February 2017 12:19:21

stevegbr wrote:
welcome along vaggy, you are in the right place if you get stuck, quite a few doing this build , including myself, feel free to ask a question, someone will help.

Thank you muchly stevegbr
lholland
#5 Posted : 24 February 2017 12:44:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Vaggy.

Welcome to the build.
Great preparation and taking your time are key to a great build. I built the 2008 Hamilton Mclaren back in 2012 and loved it, it was the first build I created so was very nervous but it turned out great. The big reason I believe was that I just looked at the build diaries of everyone on the forum and the official build on a daily basis to get the best of what I could achieve. I was very lucky as people often talked about the problems they encountered with certain issues and how they overcame those issues before mine used to appear through the door.

I must admit before I started the build as with R2 I made sure i had large plastic boxes to keep all the parts and prepared labelled bags/boxes to store the screws that would be needed throughout the build. I too am making a build diary this time so I hope I can help others where they have always helped me.

Good luck.

Lee
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 24 February 2017 15:15:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome Vaggy,
this is the droid you have been looking for.There are lots of people on the ofrum that will help if you need it.Looking forward to seeing your build diary.

Carl

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 24 February 2017 15:24:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome Vaggy
I am looking forward to seeing your progress. Any problems or issues you have, we are always here to help. Just received my next lot of issues this morning, so I can crack on with them.
I look forward to seeing your build progress.

Mark
Nemesis
#8 Posted : 24 February 2017 17:41:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your build.BigGrin
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 24 February 2017 18:01:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum Vaggy.BigGrin

This is the place to be and starting a diary makes it easier for people to help,(should you need it),but I`m sure you`ll be fine.Cool Cool

Good luck with your R2 build and to get you going CONGRATS on your blue medal for starting a diary.Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

davetwin
#10 Posted : 24 February 2017 19:40:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Vaggy.

I'm sure you'll get on fine with your build, if you're not sure about anything then just ask, good luck Cool
arpurchase
#11 Posted : 24 February 2017 20:01:03

BigGrin Welcome to the forum and enjoy your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#12 Posted : 24 February 2017 21:17:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum. Any help you need you will find here. Look forward to see your build come together.
Graeme