Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages 123>»
May's Dream Jag Options
MFG
#1 Posted : 08 March 2017 19:31:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi,

Well I've signed up to this part work as well Blushing - I just had to the E-Type is my dream car my father had one when I was a little girl and although he didn't have it all that long (if I remember rightly it kept breaking down) having a ride in it is one of my fondest childhood memories these days of course I'd have to sell the house to afford one - so a scale model will have to do BigGrin

It's a shame it's not the same colour as my dad's his was Metallic Bronze - but the British Racing Green (I assume its that anyway) looks ok

So as with the R2-D2 build I hope you chaps won't mind me bugging you with questions as I have absolutely no experience at all with these kits Flapper

May.

Byeeeeeee

birdaj2
#2 Posted : 08 March 2017 20:03:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

May

Its going to be a great build and i hope you have have much fun with yours as i am expecting with mine.

Its such a fantastic looking car i could not resist.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Narayan
#3 Posted : 08 March 2017 21:18:57

Look forward to seeing your progress May. I've also signed up for this.

But I also have the R2-D2 build.

And I've recently signed up for the Ford Mustang.

And the Eaglemoss Delorean!

So for the time being I'm going to be working on R2 and the Mustang. I'll start the other two further down the line.

Graham
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 08 March 2017 22:14:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Welcome to the forum and have fun with your buildsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#5 Posted : 08 March 2017 23:43:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You've made a great choice May and I look forward to seeing how you progress.... good luck with it.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
MFG
#6 Posted : 08 March 2017 23:48:04

Hi,

Thank you Tony

Neither could I Tony I'm looking forward to getting stuck in, hopefully it won't be as complicated as it looks - but I know that you chaps are there to help me out if this get tricky

May.

Byeeeeeee
MFG
#7 Posted : 08 March 2017 23:54:17

Hi,

Thank you Graham

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you!I signed up for the DeLorean as well today for my hubby!

May.

Byeeeeeee
MFG
#8 Posted : 08 March 2017 23:57:18

Hi,

Thank you Alan

I'm probably going to need all the luck I can get LOL

May.

Byeeeeeee
Spal
#9 Posted : 09 March 2017 01:55:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great choice May Cool there is a lot of us looking forward to building the Jag.

Al
Sticky Wickett
#10 Posted : 09 March 2017 12:26:58

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good luck with the build. I love the E-Types classic body style.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
MFG
#11 Posted : 09 March 2017 15:37:44

Hi,

Thank you guys

Yes it looks as though its going to be a popular build there's quite a buzz about it on the forum. Not that I'm surprised it's a beautiful car with a style all of it's own Drool

I look forward to seeing all of your diary's no doubt there is going to be a host of special builds with alterations and tweaks all over the place! personally of course I'll be sticking very closely to the instructions - although I am starting to get a crazy idea of changing the body colour to match my dads old car - but we'll see if I'm brave enough when the time comes BigGrin

May.

Byeeeeeee

Geoff44
#12 Posted : 18 March 2017 22:35:21

Looking forward to your build May, I might just start one myself, having just subscribed to DeAgostini
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
magpie1832
#13 Posted : 18 March 2017 23:48:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi May,
Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your build start.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

MFG
#14 Posted : 19 March 2017 01:40:34

Hi,

Thank you Geoff44

I don't even have the skill of a novice Blushing so having a diary will no doubt be of help - after seeing the youtube vid on installing the spokes on the wheel - I'll probably need all the luck/help I can get

https://www.youtube.com/...v=7kvRyqL9Yeo&t=27s

May.
MFG
#15 Posted : 19 March 2017 01:47:53

Hi,

Thank you Chris

Yes not long to go now, I'm assuming that the first delivery will be sent out after issue 2 has hit the shelf's in a couple of weeks time?

I've been hunting for a issue 1 in my local newsagents but none of them are stocking it - so I'll have to wait it out Crying

May.
Geoff44
#16 Posted : 19 March 2017 02:30:55

MFG wrote:
Hi,

Thank you Geoff44

I don't even have the skill of a novice Blushing so having a diary will no doubt be of help - after seeing the youtube vid on installing the spokes on the wheel - I'll probably need all the luck/help I can get

https://www.youtube.com/...v=7kvRyqL9Yeo&t=27s

May.

Fitting the spokes are a little tricky May, but if you just follow the video of attaching them, you should have no problem. I don't know if they will supply the double sided sticky tape, but you can get some quite easily if they don't. They sell it in The Range. Once you get the first wheel done, the other four will be much easier (don't forget there is the spare wheel as well). It's just a matter of taking your time to make sure you get them all at the correct position. There will be parts of the build that will be more complicated than fitting spokes, once you get to assembling the suspension and braking system. But you will succeed May, there is no rush building this beauty. You have got two years. Confused Laugh

GEOFF
arpurchase
#17 Posted : 19 March 2017 09:03:12

BigGrin I think You will surprise yourself May when you build this car with skills you thought you never had.

As for a new paint job have a look at my Cobra build diary as this should give an idea of what you will need to do, Its very much like doing a real car if you want a pristine finish.

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=22011

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MFG
#18 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:30:11

Hi,

Thank you Geoff

I guess it's like anything else once you get into it its not so bad - things have a habit of looking more difficult than what they end up being when you have a go yourself - and as you say I/we have 2 years to build her,

May.
MFG
#19 Posted : 19 March 2017 17:54:19

Hi,

Thank you Andy

I've been having a look at some youtube vids that show various ways to strip and change the paint scheme of diecast models - after seeing them I'm going to leave the idea well alone, play it safe and stick to the BRG BigGrin

May.
Geoff44
#20 Posted : 19 March 2017 18:01:55

MFG wrote:
Hi,

Thank you Andy

I've been having a look at some youtube vids that show various ways to strip and change the paint scheme of diecast models - after seeing them I'm going to leave the idea well alone, play it safe and stick to the BRG BigGrin

May.

Good choice May. Painting models with an air brush is an art and unless you are experienced, best left well alone on a model as expensive as this one. I have a Burago 1:18 scale of the exact same E-Type, which is in green, but it is a few shades lighter than the BRG used for this model. In fact this model does seem to be a little darker than I expected it would be.

GEOFF