Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Reptier=Host Options
Svelterdread
#1 Posted : 09 March 2017 01:40:41

Groups: Registered

Help,
had to change the thermistor sensor that failed, printer was working until then, after replacement doesn't work . Reinstalled software, works in manual mode will heat up. Thermistor is good measures 100K ohms at ambient like it should. Tried other sensors same problem. all good out of the box..could I have a bad main board? Is there a dedicated IDBOX version of the software mentioned in the instructions available?
Thanks for the help
Svelterdread
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 09 March 2017 02:35:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There is no dedicated software for the IDBOX.It sounds like it may be the main board if you are sure the thermistor is working.You say it works in manual mode which would be odd if the main board is not working.That happens when you try to print something?

Carl

Svelterdread
#3 Posted : 09 March 2017 15:06:37

When I try and print it looks as if the start script is missing and never starts
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 09 March 2017 15:34:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Was it printing before you replaced the part? Did you remove the Gcode that tells the bed to heat up.

Carl

Svelterdread
#5 Posted : 09 March 2017 16:30:02

It was printing before but I didn't knowingly do anything to the software. Since then I've deleted the software and reinstalled it several times including the newest version. Same problem
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 09 March 2017 16:37:06

So after you installed the new thermistor sensor the printer wouldnt print? At that point you uninstalled the printer software and reinstalled it? is that correct?

The printer responds to manual commands and the print head heats up? Can you extrude some filament using the manual controls to confirm the print head is heating up ok? Dont touch the pritn head to see if it is heating up because it will burn you.If it has heated up OK you will be able to extrude some filament by manually activating the extruder motor in the manual control panel

If all of that works it suggests to me the problem lies with the Gcode. There is a gcode command to tell the printer to wait for the print bed to heat up before printing.Since the IDBOX doesnt have a heated bed you need to remove this from the gcode or the printer wont print.

Carl

Svelterdread
#7 Posted : 10 March 2017 18:22:03

I looked at the listed scripts and didn't see anything. Where would I find the g code at? I haven't worked with it before.
Thank you.
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 10 March 2017 21:22:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi

In repetier host you add the program to print and then slice it and view on the right. On the left hand side you will see tabs with object placement,slicer,print preview, Gcode editor and manual control.

If you click on Gcode editor tab you should see the code that will print your object the first line will be the order to wait for the bed to heat up before printing starts this needs to be reset to 0. Once this is reset the head should heat up and start printing.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

darbyvet
#9 Posted : 10 March 2017 23:18:03

If you look at the g code in the g code editor screen you will see a command to wait for the printer bed to heat up;

The command is M190 S50

M190 refers to the bed and the S50 tells repetier host to wait until the bed is heated to 50 degrees to start printing.

All you need to do is change the code to M190 S0 and the printer should start printing.

Carl

Svelterdread
#10 Posted : 14 April 2017 02:43:16

Thanks for the tip Carl, that was the problem although I don't understand why that is happening now and why I have to change the value every time I use the software. Sorry about long time before response. I'm sick and am in hospital waiting for a triple bypass. Looking forward to getting back to fiddling with the printer!
darbyvet
#11 Posted : 14 April 2017 14:33:01

That is weird that you have to do it every time.I only did it a couple of times.Maybe it is the source of the 3d files you are using.Sorry to hear you have not been well.Tell those MDs they need to fix you so you can go back to 3d printing things!!

Carl

Svelterdread
#12 Posted : 14 June 2017 21:03:38

I don't know I'm very frustrated. I can't get the thee idbox to print anything decent at all. It seems to be getting worse to the point I can't print anything even a mess of a print. Repetier is giving me nothing but problems constantly not working and that line code m190 won't go away. I've tried some other software with phopeful results. Is they're an upgraced 2017 version of the motherboard available?
Thanks
Svelterdread
darbyvet
#13 Posted : 14 June 2017 21:54:30

There is no upgraded motherboard available.What problems are you having with the printer.If you can give me more details perhaps I can help.

I am not sure why repetier is giving you problems.Are you running it on a pC or MAC.What version of windows if you are on a PC are you using.Are you getting error messages from Repetier or just no printing?

Carl

Svelterdread
#14 Posted : 15 June 2017 03:46:34

I'm using Windows 10, and have tried all of the versions of the software including the newest release and while it did't do it before now everytime I run it regardless of software version it automatically adds the M190 S50 line to the gcode when it used to be and needs to be "S0". It will not retain that in memory and I used to be able to change that and it would print and now even if you change it , it will not start to print.
I've recalibrated the print table with every software change trying to start fresh. All of the filament is PLA running 210C.
Another annoying issue is that I know have to recalibrate the X and Y movement as the optical stop switches don't always see the "blade" indicating a "stop" condition so it makes a terrible screeching sound.
Also when before slicing the file I have to go back in the settings and reset it to Cura as it automatically lists Slicer instead. What I'm trying to print during these trials is a simple item- a Bass guitar pick which it had no problem printing when I had finished the printer and was able to actually print. Is the main board an arduino board with a ramps shield?
Also during one of the last print runs the extrusion fan burned out and the lead wires melted all the way back to the connector. Using standard U.S. 120vac. Have also replaced the heater and thermistor that your customer service sent me (kudos to your Customer Service, very nice and quick) . I've been so frustrated that I've walked away from it for quite a while so I can approach it with fresh eyes and less stress. I was hoping to use this in a small business application but may have to go with something else and use this to tinker with .
The adverts listed that the suggested software was going to be made available with an Idbox version or software selection for this printer specifically, is that still in process or scrapped in favor of using the general selections as in the manual.
I've seen the you tube videos and can see this works .....just a little frustrating. Must be missing something...
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 15 June 2017 05:41:46

OK

I am running Windows 10 on a new laptop .If you can give me a day or 2 I will set this up with my IDBOX and see if I can replicate your issues.In the meantime can you post some screen grabs of repetier host once you start printing and send me a link for the object you want to print.

Can you also post a screen grab of you printer setting in repetier host.Go to the configure tab at the top of the screen and click on printer settings and take a screen grab of what the settings are.

As far as the grinding noise you are hearing it may be you need to slightly adjust your limit switches on the x and/or y axis as they not be fully engaging.

Can you manually move the print head around using the manual control of Repetier?

I will get back to you once I have done some testing with my IDBOX

Carl

darbyvet
#16 Posted : 16 June 2017 04:22:33

OK.Here is what I did with my IDBOX and WIndows 10 laptop

I installed Repetier server and repetier host.I have only used repetier host before.

So I opened repetier host.I then disabled repetier server by doing the following;

CLick on the server button at the top of the screen

Click on "stop local server"

I then turned off the repetier heated bed option and set the nozzle temp to 210 degree;

CLick on config and then Printer settings.Under the printer tab on this box set default extruder temp to 210 and default bed temp to 0

I then clicked on Connect.Once the printer has connected click on manual control at the top right of the screen

Once the manual control box opens there should be a red line across the bed icon and the extruder.Click on the extruder icon and the temp should start to rise.

You can also try manually moving the x and y axis to check the printer is working

WHile you are waiting for the nozzle to get to temp load your print file.CLick on cura slice to slice it

Once it is done slicing click on the g code editor and find the m190 s50 command and set the 50 to 0.Save the file.

GO back to the manual control screen and wait for the nozzle temp to get to 210.If is doesnt go above 200 you may need to enter 210 in the box at the right of the line showing the nozzle temp

Once the nozzle is at 210 go back to the print preview screen and press print.The table should lower all the way down and the print head should home itself on the x and y axis.If you get the grinding noise you forgot to adjust your x and y limit switches.

As soon as the print bed approaches its upper limit malted filament should start coming out of the nozzle and the nozzle should move to the center of the pritn bed and start printing.

DO that and let me know what happens.If the printer wont print takes some screen grabs so we can see what repetier is doing.

carl

Svelterdread
#17 Posted : 24 June 2017 08:49:14

Sorry about the delay, illness in the family.
I reinstalled the software and followed what you did in your post. But before that and still the extrusion heater fan does not work. If I unplug it and plug the Idbox cooling fan in its place it works fine. Voltage on the power supply is fine. I plugged in another fan and it did not work.
It did try and print , went through the motions however no filament was extruded so nothing printed. Temperature. was correct , should have printed. even with a new nozzle wouldn.t print. Finally during the last print attempt the program locked up and had to use task manager to close it.
So it won't print and the fan doesn't work.

Vince
File Attachment(s):
3d2.png (280kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
3d3.png (269kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
3d4.png (281kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
3d5.png (421kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
3d7.png (275kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Svelterdread attached the following image(s):
3d1.png
3d6.png
pcasier6@gmail.com
#18 Posted : 25 December 2017 21:55:12

Groups:

Hello,

I just end to build the IDBOX but I'm very frustrated... I order the
full kit and I received only the parts. The books doesn't make
part of the sending... I RECEIVED THE ANSWER THAT THIS WAS NORMAL.

I build it with the PDF files off the Model Space site.

Now without any explanation I downloaded and started Repetier-host.
When I started a test print I have my axes (X,Y & Z) went to "0" positions but my extruder doesn't heat up.(The bed t° is set on 0)
I read different thing you wrote in the forum but without succes. I ignore if my settings are OK, I don't know if my communication is OK,
I am completely lost in the all story and without support it's just to become completaly crazy...!

Can some one help me please?

I'm a confirmed model constructor, I'm know working on the Starwars "Millenium" and the "R2D2"... So I'm praticaly sure my printer is build the right way...

arpurchase
#19 Posted : 26 December 2017 10:31:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi PCasier

Did all the test runs for the Z,X,Y axis ect run ok. If so then It sounds like you may have a setting wrong.

There are two places that need resetting to zero, the first is in repetitor host settings and the other is in the g-code editor and the number to set a zero should be at the start of the code.

Post #16 has a run through of the initial set up to follow.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Svelterdread24
#20 Posted : 11 March 2018 22:22:13

Here I am a year later with a replacement printer since the first one spontaneously combusted (wiring caught fire) whole unit died.
2nd unit is all together and will not only not print , the steppers don't work and the communication times out. Led lights up on board but even in manual mode nothing will move. Replaced power supply still nothing. Help! I am so frustrated with this machine. Using current version of reptier software on Windows 7. Have the suggested Arduino software all as before but nothing..Cursing
Thanks for any help