Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages 123>»
Mustang Sally Options
Narayan
#1 Posted : 16 March 2017 16:02:27

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Greetings!

OK, this has nothing to do with Mustang Sally. But as well as being a decent song I thought it made for a catchy title.

I'm new to the partworks building game and this will be my first solo project. (R2-D2 with my kids being the other build I'm starting soon).

I received my first 4 issues today and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

Before I do any work however I want to do some reading up on the model and look at the YouTube videos of the build. There's plenty of information available on this site so I won't be short of reading material.

It's a bank holiday here tomorrow so the plan is to make a good start over the long weekend. Although we all know what happens to the best laid plans...

Graham
I was drowning my sorrows. But my sorrows they'd learned to swim.

delboy271155
#2 Posted : 16 March 2017 16:12:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Graham,BigGrin

I`m sure you`ll have some great time spent with the kids on the R2 and I`m equally sure some "ME" time on the Mustang will be just as good. Cool

Wishing you good luck on both your builds.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Narayan
#3 Posted : 16 March 2017 16:19:26

Many thanks Derek.

Graham

Nemesis
#4 Posted : 16 March 2017 19:23:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Graham, great song!BigGrin Looking forward to seeing your build.BigGrin
Narayan
#5 Posted : 16 March 2017 23:29:21

Thanks Nemesis.

Graham

Narayan
#6 Posted : 17 March 2017 00:17:06

So I got round to issue 1 this evening.

It certainly is a lot bigger and heavier than I'm used to.

Everything went together nicely as planned.

Next up will be a wheel.

Graham

Narayan
#7 Posted : 18 March 2017 19:02:07

On to Issue 2 then. This is for a front wheel. Including the wheel and tyre are the steering knuckle, brake disc & shield and caliper.

I tried soaking the tyre in hot water but it didn't seem to loosen it up enough. Possibly the bowl I had the tyre in was too big and therefore the water cooled too quickly. I then used a hairdryer on the tyre. That did the trick.

The first minor modification I'm making is on the brake calipers. I decided I wanted them to be red.

That's where I've left it for now. The paint needs to dry so I'll probably revisit tomorrow.

Graham

birdaj2
#8 Posted : 18 March 2017 20:50:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice looking parts in the kit.

Little changes make the kits very unique. Hope it all continues well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Narayan
#9 Posted : 18 March 2017 23:19:37

Thanks Tony. I'll only be making a few changes and probably all just paint related.

Graham

arpurchase
#10 Posted : 19 March 2017 08:53:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start and looking the bizzCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#11 Posted : 19 March 2017 20:25:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Off to a great start Graham, hope you enjoy the rest of the build Cool
Narayan
#12 Posted : 21 March 2017 10:10:53

Thanks folks.

Issue 2 is complete.

I think it definitely needed something extra done to it. Probably more than just paint the caliper but for me it looks better with something other than silver there.

Graham

Narayan
#13 Posted : 23 March 2017 22:29:46

Issue 3.

Moving on to the engine next. Specifically the intake manifold, rocker covers and air cleaner.

As mentioned before I didn't want to keep these in the plain silver that they come in. But I don't want to overdo things either. So some subtle painting is in order.

As you can see this was done to the air cleaner element, the rocker covers and the air cleaner cover.

That last picture isn't great so here is everything back in it's packaging.

They can all go together tomorrow. Assuming I have the time that is!

Graham

arpurchase
#14 Posted : 23 March 2017 22:48:03

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#15 Posted : 23 March 2017 23:48:59

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Coming along nicely, looking good and looks like you're enjoying this build.....Cool Cool .. Look forward to your next update....

Regards

Alan
Geoff44
#16 Posted : 24 March 2017 00:17:04

Nice start Graham, I look forward to following your build. I see what you mean about using Photobucket for posting pictures, but I prefer to use my use my own storage. I have never been a lover of these photo hosting sites, as you get bombarded with adverts all the time.
Keep up the good work.
BUILDING - HONDA CB750 - HAYNES V8 VISIBLE ENGINE

NEXT BUILD - JAGUAR E-TYPE

GEOFF
Narayan
#17 Posted : 24 March 2017 08:41:36

Thanks all for looking.

Issue 3 is now complete.

Graham

Gandale
#18 Posted : 24 March 2017 10:15:11

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Powering ahead, looking good....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#19 Posted : 25 March 2017 17:26:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The extra colours you've added to the engine parts really make the detail pop out.

Good Job ThumpUp
Narayan
#20 Posted : 09 May 2017 10:34:14

Greetings!

I've recently moved house and it's been difficult to find the time to get to the Mustang. And to actually find the Mustang was a challenge with all the stuff we have lying around!

Haven't had internet for over a month either so posting any updates would have been difficult anyway. As it is I'm using someone else's right now.

But enough of the excuses. I got round to working on the grill from issue 4.

As is often the case with models I've spotted something in the picture I didn't see on the actual thing. Looks to be a bit of a gap on the right of the grill there. I'll take a look at that later.

I have issues 5 to 8 and got notification that issues 9 to 12 are on the way. So when I'm properly set up at home there will be plenty to keep me occupied.

Graham