Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

'Test' v. Final Production Components. Options
Lightweight
#1 Posted : 21 March 2017 15:00:39

Groups: Registered

Are there going to be any changes from the 'test' components now that this project is properly underway?
I'm thinking here of things like the leather of the seats which I believe some people were initially not happy with.
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 21 March 2017 15:35:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I have the test parts but haven't received the new ones yet.
I'll compare when they turn up.
Tomick
#3 Posted : 21 March 2017 15:47:53

Groups:

Noted back in Feb - We have made some improvements to the product since the test, which has also involved a change in the order in which the issues and model parts are supplied.
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 21 March 2017 16:58:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
Noted back in Feb - We have made some improvements to the product since the test, which has also involved a change in the order in which the issues and model parts are supplied.

Fully noted and while I have pressed on with my build diary its on the basis of HIGHLIGHTING issues 2, 3 and 4 are from the test parts and once I get my subscription parts and differences will be changed over.

Managed to get my subscription sorted on Monday. It appears that they had re-opened the Trial subscription number and had me scheduled to start receiving parts from issue 5 onwards.

All sorted now with a new subscriber number which also allowed me to upgrade to the premium offer. BigGrin
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
luigione
#5 Posted : 21 March 2017 19:01:01

I've picked up issue 1 from smith's to compare the parts, and haven't noticed anything different on the bonnet, the growler badge seemed to have the decal better positioned, the test one was slightly off centre.
stevenr
#6 Posted : 22 March 2017 00:02:10

Hi there is differences in the bonnet. Got the test one and got one from Asda the two pole supports at the front of the arches have been moved further out the two at the front have been drilled for screws. there is also a movement of one of the mounting holes at the vents and new mounting hole just behind the slot where I think the radiator will be .The holes where the wings screw to are moved to.So don't think the test one can be used .
Tomick
#7 Posted : 22 March 2017 08:26:20

Groups:

Correct, I previously informed the forum ahead of the launch, that test parts should not be used as part of the launch build, there are changes which may affect future assembly and appearance if used.
Lightweight
#8 Posted : 22 March 2017 10:07:35

roymattblack wrote:
I have the test parts but haven't received the new ones yet.
I'll compare when they turn up.

Thank you roymattblack.

Long-term it's a lot of money which I'm happy to spend on a quality product, but if it turns out to be a little 'cheap' in places I'll be very disappointed every time I look at it, and there's no hiding something that wonderfully big at the back of the shelf BigGrin .

If they've changed the order of issuing parts I hope that we don't get the same quality seat leather re-issued in say 6 months time,
by which time there would be no turning back.
roymattblack
#9 Posted : 22 March 2017 10:16:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'm probably going to alter the interior colour anyway but that's something later on in the build I guess.

Roy.
Lightweight
#10 Posted : 22 March 2017 12:47:50

roymattblack wrote:
I'm probably going to alter the interior colour anyway ...

Roy.

I'd prefer a black interior and was thinking of dyeing the tan leather
(I don't know what the supplied door cards will be made from).
If a make a b@11s up of anything do DeAgostini sell 'spares' for their partworks?
roymattblack
#11 Posted : 22 March 2017 13:08:23

I don't think they sell spares but I may be wrong.

I'm going to make my own leather parts and not use the DeAg pieces.
Any other interior parts that are supposed to be leather will get stripped and recovered.
If I leave the body dark green, my interior will be a very light pale green.
Tomick
#12 Posted : 22 March 2017 13:58:19

Groups:

Spares will be available as backissues via customer services
birdaj2
#13 Posted : 22 March 2017 13:58:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

roymattblack wrote:
I don't think they sell spares but I may be wrong.

I'm going to make my own leather parts and not use the DeAg pieces.
Any other interior parts that are supposed to be leather will get stripped and recovered.
If I leave the body dark green, my interior will be a very light pale green.

Will be interested to see you in action on this Roy.

I wanted to do a body colour change but with the tan interior it limits you to a selevtion of greens, black or bronze.

Could do it on the basis of a custom build but not sure white or possible red would look right with the un-changed interior.

Until we get some of the other parts its still not a firm decision for me as yet.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
roymattblack
#14 Posted : 23 March 2017 14:09:45

My 1st set of parts arrived a little while ago.

The first thing that I noticed is the freebie E Type handbook is different from the one in the test parts.

The 'test' book is 100% authentic, a 'Brooklands' book with a matt finish cover.

The new one has a glossy cover, different cover font and 'Modelspace DeAgostini' printed on every page.
Inside the back cover it states it is printed by DeAg under licence.

Presumably to stop people selling it on Ebay for inflated sums.

I'll compare the actual parts later on.

Roy.
birdaj2
#15 Posted : 23 March 2017 15:32:58

It had a mention on here the other day that there are some major fixing point changes to the bonnet. I had not picked up on this until it was mentioned so certainly to start with a fresh issue 1.

Did not see any differences with the badge and chrome bar.

My subscription is now showing online with parts 1 & 2 showing a dispatch date of 26/03.

At least i will have a few bonnets available if i opt to have a play with stripping paint and re-colouring BigGrin

As to paints zero paints have a good selection of authentic e-type jag colours.

Happy Modelling