Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Moaning Builder/Building Moaner Options
AlecK
#1 Posted : 03 April 2017 21:12:20

Groups: Registered

I've just started my E-Type build. Unfortunately I'm cursed with noticing every little imperfection but I'm guessing seasoned builders are used to these.

First thing I notice is the motif bar in issue 1. Before fitting the growler and screw I put the bar back side down on the table and noticed an irregular bend to it. The centre and one side lie flush to the table while the other side rises up in the air. There is a little flashing but it's not affecting the way it lies.

On issue three the wooden coating is missing from a small section of the steering wheel exposing the metal underneath.

Does anyone have tips for removing the flashing or is it not worth bothering as it won't be seen. I considered using a craft knife but it looked tough and I didn't want to risk nicking the edge.
Happy modelling

Alec
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 03 April 2017 21:51:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

If you have faulty parts such as missing paint on the steering wheel i would contact customer services and request a replacement for the damaged parts.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach