Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Millenium falcon wind shield glass Options
ansettman
#1 Posted : 22 April 2017 13:30:10

Groups: Registered

I am not up to final assembly of the cockpit yet but it seems the glass will not fit inside the frames. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Also I had to modify the ramp attachment point because it would not stay clipped in. I did this by cutting out the attach point in the ramp and drilling a hole into the motor attach point the used one of the supplied brass self tapping screws to fix it together. It works fine after lots of test runs.
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 22 April 2017 16:28:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Don't know of any problems, are you using the right piece of glass for the right cockpit. Assuming you have both version?

Regards
Mark
figuerres
#3 Posted : 22 April 2017 17:01:15

Markwarren wrote:
Don't know of any problems, are you using the right piece of glass for the right cockpit. Assuming you have both version?

Regards
Mark

others have commented that the plastic is too thick and looks bad, i might try making my own from thin sheet from the hobby store.
ansettman
#4 Posted : 24 April 2017 11:32:39

not sure what you mean by the correct glass. I mean the pre-formed plastic that comes with the build kit. The gun turret glass is ok. What I might do is separate all those bits and glue them into the frames piece by piece, because they certainly wont fit in their assembled state. Poor form work I say.
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 24 April 2017 12:08:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

You had the original nose cone supplied at the outset, then later you had the re-issued nose cone, including the new glass, which is different from the first one. If you have received both nose cones are you using the correct glass that goes with the specific piece.?
If you are, then contact C/S and I'm sure they will send you a replacement.

Regards
Mark
ansettman
#6 Posted : 25 April 2017 10:40:07

Thanks for the reply. It's the first time I heard about the revised nose cone. Which issue did it come with?
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 25 April 2017 13:22:28

Can't remember off hand, I will have a look when I get home this evening and let you know then.

Regards
Mark
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 25 April 2017 19:48:04

The revived nose cone was issue 40, and you get the revived glass to go with it, so you shouldn't have mixed them up.
Hope that helps.

Regards
Mark
ansettman
#9 Posted : 26 April 2017 11:29:12

Thanks Mark looks like a back order coming up.
I have just checked the Australian forum, seem like we Aussies did not receive the revised cockpit in issue 40. What we got was the original two part assembly with the wrong wind shield glass. If you check the build instructions online it mentions nothing of the revised cockpit. Apparently I am not the only one that is not happy with how this has been handled by DEAG. Just venting here, not shooting the messenger.
Regards
Bill
kingsleytim
#10 Posted : 26 April 2017 23:55:57

We also have a lot of us here in the US that didn't get it. They have been looking into it for ages and still don't have an answer. Most of us have gone other routes to acquire one or go with a 3rd part piece.
ansettman
#11 Posted : 04 May 2017 14:10:22

for all you Aussies, the revised cockpit is now available.
BigGrin