Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

AK Weathering German Ships CD Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 24 April 2017 20:42:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All

Had this CD for a while now and have found it a great tutorial for weathering any ship from any navy. It includes step by step start to finish tutorials that give a great deal of how too's and donts to achieve that scale look.

The CD is aimed at the 1/350 scale ship modeler but the techniques can be used for any scale ship.

AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P4240494.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#2 Posted : 24 April 2017 21:08:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks an interesting one but as with all these videos if you do not buy when they come onto the market they soon run out of stock.

Its one i would be interested in getting but the few places that list it are all out of stock Confused
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 24 April 2017 22:12:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin They are always popular and snapped up quickly by modelers in the know, with some careful searching you may be lucky enough to find a copy I find it invaluable as a referenceCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

jase
#4 Posted : 24 April 2017 22:43:48

Its a good CD both techniques used are on 1:350 models as I recall. Think you can get it on youtube now and avoid the cost lol
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
magpie1832
#5 Posted : 25 April 2017 07:33:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

jase wrote:
Its a good CD both techniques used are on 1:350 models as I recall. Think you can get it on youtube now and avoid the cost lol

I would rather pay for it so it puts the money back into modelling. They paid for it to be made so why not contribute back, without companies like this we wouldn't have some of the techniques available with their products.

Definitely a DVD I would be interested in as I have plenty 1:200 and 1:350 ships to build.
Thanks for the share Andy

Chris Cool Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

birdaj2
#6 Posted : 25 April 2017 08:48:36

I found a couple of uk stockists that list it but sadly out of stock.

They give you an option of entering an email to be told if it comes back into stock at some point in the future so have done that.

Over the years i have bought a large number of how to dvds but this one completely passed me by.

I have a 1:350 hms warspite to look at some time and while the video mentions its for german ships i am sure they weather just like english ships BigGrin

Might get lucky at some point and be able to get one ordered.
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 25 April 2017 20:38:14

BigGrin Hi Tony

It may be case of thinking out of the box and looking for it in the not so well known model shops ect or even looking for second hand ones.

AndyCool

birdaj2
#8 Posted : 25 April 2017 20:53:39

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Tony

It may be case of thinking out of the box and looking for it in the not so well known model shops ect or even looking for second hand ones.

AndyCool

Andy

Thanks for that.

Patience tends to be the thing with issues such as this and in the end something usually turns up.

Tried all the usual places such as ebay, amazonbut nothing so far.

Its not something i must have now so prepared to wait and who knows -something may turn up.

I might get to dropping a line to the manufacturer to see if they have any thoughts on it being releaed again.
Happy Modelling

arpurchase
#9 Posted : 25 April 2017 20:55:31

BigGrin Hi All

I did learn a great deal from this DVD it mostly uses oils but the techniques used can still work with acrylics with care. It has 6 chapters from starting to finishing and detailing aspects in between.

The main lesson I learned was how to blend in the colours and how to eliminate brash strokes. Also how dirt,salt stains and detrius build up on certain parts of a ship. The techniques can all be used on any ironclad ship from any Navy from the 1st of the battleships to modern day.

As an example of the techniques used below is a link to the build of HMS Belfast in 1/350 scale I completed a while back based on the ship returning from Arctic Convoy duty.

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=8499

AndyCool

birdaj2
#10 Posted : 14 May 2017 17:11:19

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Tony

AndyCool

Andy

I took your advice and looked a look wider than I had been doing and managed to find new sealed copy via a model shop in Poland.

Cost including postage just shy of £20 so was quite pleased with that.

This will be something to watch later tonight.

Thanks again for the mention of this one because as I said it was not one I had ever seen before.
birdaj2 attached the following image(s):
DSCF1847.JPG
Happy Modelling

arpurchase
#11 Posted : 14 May 2017 17:19:40

BigGrin Nice one, just goes to show there out there, its just looking in the right placeCool