Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
VDUB beetle dio Options
kpnuts
#1 Posted : 02 May 2017 19:58:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

HI all here's what I'm building as a competition on another place.

Can't tell you what's going to happen to the poor fella, think of the warspite dio, there will be at least a couple of explosions, I have a feeling none of you will know where this is going till the last couple of posts.
There was a little flash on the parts but the worst bit of the kit is the awful mold seams on all the wings.

Ken's the name modeling's the game.
stevie_o
#2 Posted : 02 May 2017 20:05:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 03 May 2017 06:12:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

stevie_o wrote:
Nice work Ken, I'm about to begin a beetle dio of my own tooBigGrin

Look forward to seeing what fate you have planned for this one Laugh

Steve

Nice start Ken. Cool

I`ll be watching both builds as I love the old beetle shape. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Markwarren
#4 Posted : 03 May 2017 07:01:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice Start. That brings back memories, my first car was an orange beetle 1200, minus the flowers though.BigGrin

Regards
Mark
frah2o
#5 Posted : 03 May 2017 07:26:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

I'll take a ton of pop corn to taste this build thread BigGrin BigGrin
Collection active: Lotus 97T, Audi Quattro A2, Vw Maggiolino '60

Work in progress: Porsche 911 RS Turbo

Completed model: Delta WRC Martini, Mclaren MP4/4, Golf GTI 1/8 Tuned
davetwin
#6 Posted : 03 May 2017 18:50:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

At the mention of your Warspite dio I'm really intrigued to see where you are going with this Ken Confused
kpnuts
#7 Posted : 03 May 2017 19:05:09

Here's a teaser for you (it will be a major part of the dio)

kpnuts
#8 Posted : 05 May 2017 17:12:18

Hi all off on hols tomorrow for a week so this will be my last post till next week, I just hope I've not gone and given the surprise away with the next pics. I'm sure some of you will guess what it is.

birdaj2
#9 Posted : 05 May 2017 17:42:12

Ken

Happy holidays to you.

Is this going to be a lighted flame/smoke effect?
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
kpnuts
#10 Posted : 05 May 2017 18:22:03

Thanks Tony (off to Cyprus for a week) it's not a smoke effect but it's going to be the thing that causes all the trouble.
kpnuts
#11 Posted : 14 May 2017 18:39:19

Hi all well back off hols and here is the next update.

Markwarren
#12 Posted : 14 May 2017 19:02:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely.BigGrin

Mark
kpnuts
#13 Posted : 16 May 2017 19:02:44

Hi all here is the next update.

Metal Mech
#14 Posted : 16 May 2017 19:29:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not a clue what your doing but it looks interesting.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
nightwisher
#15 Posted : 16 May 2017 21:50:19

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Now this is starting to get to me. This creature is really familiar but I can't quite place it. It's got to be an old sci fi film or doctor who.Please don't tell me it's from the depths of your imagination BigGrin
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
kpnuts
#16 Posted : 16 May 2017 22:17:50

Think of the most famous SiFi book ever written taken from the 1920s to the 1960s
kpnuts
#17 Posted : 16 May 2017 22:35:37

Maybe this will help (a direct quote from the musical)
A huge, rounded bulk, larger than a bear, rose up slowly, glistening like wet leather. Its lipless
mouth quivered and slavered, and snake-like tentacles writhed as the clumsy body heaved and pulsated
nightwisher
#18 Posted : 16 May 2017 23:05:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Omg, only the best flippin double album ever.
Man he took his time in the sun
Had a dream to understand
A single grain of sand
He gave birth to poetry
But one day will cease to be
Greet the last light of the library...We were here!
kpnuts
#19 Posted : 17 May 2017 20:23:16

Well some people are so rude. I'm a member of Instagram ( I have been a member for a while but only really started posting model pics lately)I don't know much about social media but normally I just post pics with no explanation so I posted these pics as it gone along, after this update I got 80 likes in one day (that is the most I've had so far) well I got a private massage saying "you should stick to drawing this is crap my six yr old could do better"that's just plain rude, I don't know them, they don't know me, and obviously a lot of people like it, I don't know why people feel they have to make statements like that. I've looked ate some of their posts and they don't even build models (at least if they do they're so crap they don't post them)
darbyvet
#20 Posted : 17 May 2017 20:34:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

oooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carl

Great book.Great Jeff Wayne musical and soon to be great Diorama by Ken