Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Pacific Northwest Falconry (Washington/Oregon USA) Options
Gandale
#21 Posted : 02 June 2017 23:36:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Doug, hope you have an enjoyable time with us and good luck with your build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Moonman
#22 Posted : 23 June 2017 17:23:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Welcome aboard Doug. Your goals are very solid and you are surrounding by some amazing talent and resources to insure a successful build. (And don't be afraid to screw up!)
DougRGould2017
#23 Posted : 17 July 2017 00:55:22

Groups: Registered

I've been quietly waiting for my Month 2 to begin some of the interior work...and they did finally arrive. Months 3-6 gave me about half of the lower frame to assemble...which was great. I did encounter a small issue with the inner/outer ribs. I found that the thickness varied, resulting in a lot of plan when the inner and outer ribs were joined by the connector and 4 screws.

I found a simple solution, shown in the following pictures. First 2 pics show the amount of play the ribs moved...even tightened as much as possible. The third pic show the tips wrapped 1 and half times with adhesive backed metal tape used for heating ducts. The fourth shows the ribs back in the coupling with the screws reinserted. And finally the straighter ribs with no play.

It definitely helped the sturdiness of the frame assembly.
DougRGould2017 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg