Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Finally the build begins Options
Gandale
#1 Posted : 08 May 2017 22:28:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you're now up and running with your build, hope it all goes smoothly from here on....Cool Cool ..

If you resize your pics to 600 x 450 pixels and ensure the file size is no larger that 140kb prior to uploading then you will see your pics appear on your post. This also prevents members from having to download your pics in order to view them.....Cool Cool

Look forward to your next update....

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 08 May 2017 23:07:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice startBigGrin . Look forward to seeing it progress.BigGrin

Mark
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 08 May 2017 23:18:28

Groups: Registered

BigGrin Nice start on the beast
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 09 May 2017 07:01:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

So glad you`ve managed to sort out your delivery issues.BigGrin

Good to see a start on your diary and I wish you all the best for the rest of your build.

Congrats on your "Blue" medal for starting the diary.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

darbyvet
#5 Posted : 09 May 2017 14:52:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Great to see another falcon started

Carl

Bill-Devine
#6 Posted : 09 May 2017 19:22:22

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

good luck on your build lots of useful information in this section of the forum.
Make things as simple as possible but not simpler... - Albert Einstein
davetwin
#7 Posted : 10 May 2017 16:36:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Off to a great start Cool

Are you going to be painting or modding this at all or going standard? Either way it does look stunning complete, even as a standard build Cool
pemberg
#8 Posted : 10 May 2017 20:58:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice start to your build, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Graeme
Metal Mech
#9 Posted : 16 May 2017 23:32:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good. I also keep all my sprus from my Bandai kits. They always have extra parts that are good for greebleing

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
DougRGould2017
#10 Posted : 17 May 2017 02:19:40

Wow! Off to a running start. I'm a bit behind you so your pics are great to see what is ahead of me.

I am planning on a variety of lighting effects in the build...so I'm going to be light blocking all exterior panels at a minimum. Some of the YouTube videos showed the installed Leds 'glowing' through the hull in a darkened room. And light blocking the panels at the start is much easier than after assembly.

Keep those great pics coming!
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 17 May 2017 06:44:20

I love seeing these fibre optic kits in action so will be very interested to seehow you go about your lighting effects.

Hope it all continues really well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#12 Posted : 17 May 2017 08:18:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice start coming along very nicely....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
stevegbr
#13 Posted : 17 May 2017 08:26:05

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

detail on this model is amazing, good luck with your build. BigGrin
Markwarren
#14 Posted : 17 May 2017 10:20:35

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming on very nicely, great start. BigGrin Cool

Mark
Gandale
#15 Posted : 17 May 2017 23:28:04

Nice effect you've achieved, looks great....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#16 Posted : 18 May 2017 18:57:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice industrial effect Cool

Will you be dirtying the pipes a bit to go with the look?
Bill-Devine
#17 Posted : 19 May 2017 17:45:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hyperdrive Kid wrote:
Thanks for the comments !

Well today saw the postman bring the fibre optics, .25 strands, these little critters are going to be fun to drill....a staedy hand is definately needed.
the drill bits are yer to arrive.

Also here is the total build to date:

The technical station was fun to paint... I did take a close up photo, but it really showed the hit and miss brush strokes, so a farther away photo is better :)
and I love the 'coloured buttons', to me this is how any control panel should look...... fun and interesting!

The floor / walls of the hold could do with a colouring.....but not sure what to go with? I have seen some idea's, but may just leave it as it is ?

The pipework next to the technical station would be in place, but not having received issue 11 yet, which includes the wall, is not yet possible.

Deano.

Edit..... After typing the above I have now sprayed the floor and walls, looks so much better, I will update with pics once the smell of the aerosol has vanished... exciting !

Just a note on how I did the fiber Optics for the back bulkhead on the cockpit.
I removed most of the plastic behind the decal and then used a needle heated up to poke holes where I wanted the fiber to go. I heated the ends of the fiber to form a small mushroom on the end so it will not pull through the decal. I had lots of trouble trying to drill as the bits are so fragile that they kept breaking.
Make things as simple as possible but not simpler... - Albert Einstein
Gandale
#18 Posted : 20 May 2017 22:49:01

Nice progress, she's coming along...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#19 Posted : 20 May 2017 23:20:16

Nice work, coming along very nicely.BigGrin

Mark
scraperjawa
#20 Posted : 22 May 2017 05:01:16

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like your interior is coming along nicely. I really enjoyed this part of the build as there were so many options for customization. Will continue to watch with interest.

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon