Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Builds as displayed in instructions (only painting the stern transom) Options
mossen
#1 Posted : 26 May 2017 12:56:33

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I'm about to start building my surprise but noticed that almost all the build logs follow more of the prototype color scheme with the black and yellow. Is it just personal preference or just much more difficult to get this model to look good unpainted?

Thanks

Mike
Gandale
#2 Posted : 26 May 2017 13:18:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Mike, getting a model completed with a purely natural finish would in my opinion be down to the individual modellers building skills. There is very little room for error, filler can't really be used as it will show up and any over-gluing is likely to show up too. A model completed in a natural finish does look stunning though....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan