Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<3456>
Thunderbird 2 - now on sale! Options
Tomick
#81 Posted : 30 August 2017 17:22:57

Groups:

mickeyflinn wrote:
Hello everyone, only just registered and this is my first post, but I have been lurking as a guest for several months because of the wonderful Thunderbird 2BigGrin .
I would just like to say that I contacted the phone number for customer services yesterday and got through with no problem. It was the second time that I had called, and the first time it was answered by a lady who informed me that both the customer service reps were out for their lunch - that may be why the phone is constantly ringing out if they are very busy.
Suffice to say I have signed up for the 12 month subscription, and as I have the first four parts from the test release (I think I was the 9th subscriber going from my account number) I am eagerly awaiting pack 2.
I was also told that after I receive that pack, if I contact customer services, they will refund the cost of what would be issue 5, as this was offered complimentary if the weekly partwork resumed.

Regards Jonathan.
F.A.B and glad your all sorted and ready to go, though Pack 2 won't be sent out straight away as its not yet arrived into stock.
holy
#82 Posted : 30 August 2017 19:17:36

Groups: Registered

Hi all i did it online then phoned up today and asked to start from pack 2 i got a lady within 2 mins BigGrin
its still showing pack one online though crumbs.
ps 7 issues at 9 quid each a month works out at 63 pounds wheres the extra coming from Confused
CPilko
#83 Posted : 30 August 2017 19:48:01

Quote:
would just like to say that I contacted the phone number for customer services yesterday and got through with no problem. It was the second time that I had called, and the first time it was answered by a lady who informed me that both the customer service reps were out for their lunch - that may be why the phone is constantly ringing out if they are very busy.

Just wondering, why time did you call? It seems to be a sweet spot :)
Future Build Wish List: Thunderbird 3, Stingray
Current Builds: X-wing
Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon, Thunderbird 2, Delorean, R2D2

Tomick
#84 Posted : 30 August 2017 20:24:54

Groups:

holy wrote:
Hi all i did it online then phoned up today and asked to start from pack 2 i got a lady within 2 mins BigGrin
its still showing pack one online though crumbs.
ps 7 issues at 9 quid each a month works out at 63 pounds wheres the extra coming from Confused
The pack by pack content of TB2 is not all the same parts pack count per pack. And if you were a subscriber to the test, satge 5 will be free/refunded.

Pack 1 = 4 stages
Packs 2 to 6 = 7 stages each
Pack 7 = 6 stages
Packs 8 to 12 = 7 stages each
= 80 stages

If you have ordered the 24 month build, you wil receive a Pack every other month, in effect the exact same 12 packs but spread over 24 months delivery.

Don't forget that no magazines are provided, the instructions are download found on the Thunderbird 2 site page beneath "The Build" tab which will be updated as the collection progresses.

mickeyflinn
#85 Posted : 30 August 2017 20:39:46

CPilko wrote:
Quote:
would just like to say that I contacted the phone number for customer services yesterday and got through with no problem. It was the second time that I had called, and the first time it was answered by a lady who informed me that both the customer service reps were out for their lunch - that may be why the phone is constantly ringing out if they are very busy.

Just wondering, why time did you call? It seems to be a sweet spot :)

The second time I telephoned it was about 14:50, about an hour after the first. Both times the phone was answered quite promptly.
CPilko
#86 Posted : 31 August 2017 17:10:19

All done! Thank you for the help guys!
I was advised on the phone that packs 2 and 3 should be in in the next few days as well! :D

Tomick
#87 Posted : 31 August 2017 20:03:52

Groups:

CPilko wrote:
I was advised on the phone that packs 2 and 3 should be in in the next few days as well! :D
Totally untrue., Pack 2 will not be ready for 4 weeks. Pack 1 is being sent out this week.
CPilko
#88 Posted : 31 August 2017 22:29:37

Tomick wrote:
CPilko wrote:
Totally untrue., Pack 2 will not be ready for 4 weeks. Pack 1 is being sent out this week.

Oh, haha! I did think it a little odd after what you put before! Thank you once again Tomick! Your help has been invaluable to impatient, excited builders like myself! LOL Blushing Are you going to be building TB2?

Tomick
#89 Posted : 31 August 2017 22:54:12

Groups:

CPilko wrote:
Tomick wrote:
CPilko wrote:

Oh, haha! I did think it a little odd after what you put before! Thank you once again Tomick! Your help has been invaluable to impatient, excited builders like myself! LOL Blushing Are you going to be building TB2?
Afraid not my friend but I'll be watching you guys have a lot of fun with it Cool
davetwin
#90 Posted : 01 September 2017 08:53:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

CPilko wrote:
All done! Thank you for the help guys!

Glad you got it all sorted and look forward to seeing you get started. Keep an eye on the official build that I will be updating very soon Cool
Tony H
#91 Posted : 01 September 2017 10:06:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

For some inexplicable reason I missed details of the test programme but am delighted that a full UK release is now underway. I am a trifle confused though as according to the email I received from DeAgostini my first delivery Thunderbird 2 0 was sent out on Wednesday and I will be charged £1.99 for the first issue, £6.99 for the second and 10.49 thereafter as I have ordered a premium subscription. My DeAgostini account number is GJ000292 but there are no details at all on my Model Space account.
Tony

Started Thunderbird 2!
Tomick
#92 Posted : 01 September 2017 11:13:26

Groups:

Tony H wrote:
For some inexplicable reason I missed details of the test programme but am delighted that a full UK release is now underway. I am a trifle confused though as according to the email I received from DeAgostini my first delivery Thunderbird 2 0 was sent out on Wednesday and I will be charged £1.99 for the first issue, £6.99 for the second and 10.49 thereafter as I have ordered a premium subscription. My DeAgostini account number is GJ000292 but there are no details at all on my Model Space account.
Its incorrect as it relates to what was the retail test and is now changed and released in a different format.
What you wil receive is Pack 1 which contains the fist 4 parts sets and is on special offer at £9.99, then depending if you signed up to the 12 or 24 month Subscription, the monthly cost is as per the TB site page, also there is no Premium option and no magazine as the instructions are via download from the site page: http://www.model-space.c...-the-thunderbird-2.html
Tony H
#93 Posted : 01 September 2017 12:38:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Tomick wrote:
Tony H wrote:
Its incorrect as it relates to what was the retail test and is now changed and released in a different format.
What you wil receive is Pack 1 which contains the fist 4 parts sets and is on special offer at £9.99, then depending if you signed up to the 12 or 24 month Subscription, the monthly cost is as per the TB site page, also there is no Premium option and no magazine as the instructions are via download from the site page: http://www.model-space.c...-the-thunderbird-2.html

Many thanks for that. Does that also mean that the display cabinet is not available? Apologies for all the questions.
Tony

Started Thunderbird 2!
mpc84
#94 Posted : 01 September 2017 18:00:14

Does anyone know what the situation for those using other currencies is? As in, is there a set monthly price for each currency or would we be subject to exchange fluctuations when monthly payment is due?
davetwin
#95 Posted : 01 September 2017 18:27:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tony H wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Tony H wrote:

Many thanks for that. Does that also mean that the display cabinet is not available? Apologies for all the questions.

The display case is currently not part of the monthly build.
davetwin
#96 Posted : 01 September 2017 18:31:32

mpc84 wrote:
Does anyone know what the situation for those using other currencies is? As in, is there a set monthly price for each currency or would we be subject to exchange fluctuations when monthly payment is due?

Are you referring to subscribing to this via the UK site? If so then you will pay in Pounds Sterling [GBP]. The pound changes against your currency then the amount you will pay will also change so in effect you will always pay the same price in Pounds Sterling.

If you are asking if the price will change IF this is release in other countries then it would be slightly different.

Lets say for example it was released in France, there will be a set monthly price in Euro's from the French website, you would then pay this same price in Euros each month

Hope that helps
mpc84
#97 Posted : 01 September 2017 19:42:55

davetwin wrote:
mpc84 wrote:

Are you referring to subscribing to this via the UK site? If so then you will pay in Pounds Sterling [GBP]. The pound changes against your currency then the amount you will pay will also change so in effect you will always pay the same price in Pounds Sterling.

If you are asking if the price will change IF this is release in other countries then it would be slightly different.

Lets say for example it was released in France, there will be a set monthly price in Euro's from the French website, you would then pay this same price in Euros each month

Hope that helps

I'm in Ireland and would be ordering through the UK site (Free Delivery and all that) so the price I pay in Euro would change slightly each month depending on the exchange rate.
Tomick
#98 Posted : 01 September 2017 20:02:53

Groups:

Tony H wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Tony H wrote:

It's not part of the Subscription but it may be offered to buy towards the end of the collection.
Tomick
#99 Posted : 01 September 2017 20:07:02

Groups:

mpc84 wrote:
davetwin wrote:
mpc84 wrote:

Hope that helps

I'm in Ireland and would be ordering through the UK site (Free Delivery and all that) so the price I pay in Euro would change slightly each month depending on the exchange rate.
TB2 not available in Southern Ireland (euros), but if you email internationalshipping@model-space.co.uk they may be able to organise this for you.
mpc84
#100 Posted : 01 September 2017 20:10:26

Tomick wrote:
mpc84 wrote:
davetwin wrote:
mpc84 wrote:

Hope that helps

TB2 not available in Southern Ireland (euros), but if you email internationalshipping@model-space.co.uk they may be able to organise this for you.

Delivery to Republic of Ireland is available from the dropdown list of countries on the Order Page.