Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Free Gifts Options
zackworld
#1 Posted : 27 June 2017 10:13:23

Groups: Registered

So,apparently the Free R2 Mug is not yet available.

Did anyone in the UK get their Baseball Cap in the end?
Tomick
#2 Posted : 27 June 2017 10:18:50

Groups:

Any missing Gifts will be received as they come into stock
coldsweat
#3 Posted : 27 June 2017 11:22:48

Not yet - still waiting!
carlton
#4 Posted : 27 June 2017 19:46:35

Will wait for next month delivery and see if I get any gifts . Got the premium subscription now wondering what the difference is ?
semaj
#5 Posted : 27 June 2017 21:53:37

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nope, not got the cap or the mug. feel a bit fobbed off with them really, theyve had 2 extra months to sort out the cap, and should know by month 6 how many mugs to order in, stock issues seems like a weak lie really. tbh, im not that fussed abut them either really, i dont wear baseball caps, and dont really use mugs either
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Mr Tony Murton
#6 Posted : 30 June 2017 22:29:43

im still waiting on the usb r2 lol
Building - R2D2
Mr Tony Murton
#7 Posted : 30 June 2017 22:30:45

and im on issue 24 like most of us i think
Building - R2D2
zackworld
#8 Posted : 01 July 2017 10:35:25

Mr Tony Murton wrote:
and im on issue 24 like most of us i think

Im on issue 25 and have had the R2 for some time.
It might be worth giving them a call on that one.
PhilC
#9 Posted : 05 July 2017 20:45:55

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hmm so I am not the only one still waiting ,as with most here I guess I have still not received the Cap of the Mug , would have thought that they would have sorted their suppliers of these types of goods before release of the magazine .... they know the numbers of subscribers , it's not like the amount they need should be a big surprise.
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
DaveG6HNI
#10 Posted : 27 August 2017 00:51:49

Looking at the R2D2 subscription now, the only two free gifts they list are the binder and the USB stick ???
Which are the only two I have so far received, but when I signed up there was also a cap, a mug and a pen set, none of which are now listed and none of which I have received ?
I am currently on issues 29-32 and I signed at Christmas 2016.
Has anyone received any of these other gifts yet and does anyone know if I have forgotten any as I can't see how to check what I was originally offered ?
Built..... - Aston Martin DB5 and McLaren MP4-23
Built..... - Millennium Falcon
Built..... - R2-D2
Built..... - Thunderbird 2 + Pod 2 + Take-off Ramp
Building.. - Ford GT40
Tomick
#11 Posted : 27 August 2017 07:49:33

Groups:

DaveG6HNI wrote:
Looking at the R2D2 subscription now, the only two free gifts they list are the binder and the USB stick ???
Which are the only two I have so far received, but when I signed up there was also a cap, a mug and a pen set, none of which are now listed and none of which I have received ?
I am currently on issues 29-32 and I signed at Christmas 2016.
Has anyone received any of these other gifts yet and does anyone know if I have forgotten any as I can't see how to check what I was originally offered ?
You are confusing two R2 offers, the release start was newsagent and subscription which had differing gifts to the current subscription only offer, (R2 is no longer available to buy from issue at newsagents under the DeAgostini brand and is now only available via ModelSpace subscription hence a change in gifts).

All 'free gifts' (no matter which collection) are subject to change/availability which is noted within the free gifts element.

Unsure if you have noticed on the forum, that release start customers are announcing they have just received a 'Build Your Own R2D2' note book and a pen which contains a floating R2-D2, which have been included with 29-32.
Wetsparks
#12 Posted : 27 August 2017 17:16:33

As I Said in another post, I got A 'Build Your Own R2D2' note book and a pen with a little R2D2 floating up and down in it Cool

Do'nt know if this is a replacement for missing gifts or not ?
DaveG6HNI
#13 Posted : 27 August 2017 20:26:57

Wetsparks Hi, yes it was probably reading your post that made me realise I had not received any of the free gifts other than the initial ones.

Which is when I went a searching to see what else I was supposed to receive, only to find that the deal that I signed up to had disappeared.

I always hate it when a supplier tried to hide behind their T&Cs to justify their actions, or lack of, so to get that response from a forum admin is a bit disappointing, they should be here to help the subscribers !

Anyhow, what issues did you receive the pen with please ?

I have just received issues 29 to 32 but received nothing?

I have been looking at the letters that came with previous months issues and there is a note of one regarding the cap in which it says is to follow, but I can't find any ref to any of the others gifts ?

Surely if a "free" gift(s) forms part of an "offer to tempt" and that offer is then accepted, the seller is then obliged to fulfil that offer, or be in breach of the contract, regardless of any small print ?
Built..... - R2-D2
Building.. - Ford GT40
Wetsparks
#14 Posted : 27 August 2017 21:37:41

Hi DaveG6HNI, yes this last pack was issues 29 - 32. I'd give em a ring and do a bit of moaning Angry
Tomick
#15 Posted : 27 August 2017 22:37:51

Groups:

DaveG6HNI wrote:
I always hate it when a supplier tried to hide behind their T&Cs to justify their actions. Surely if a "free" gift(s) forms part of an "offer to tempt" and that offer is then accepted, the seller is then obliged to fulfil that offer, or be in breach of the contract, regardless of any small print ?
The original R2 retail offer no longer exists hence why it is no longer on display and has been replaced with a subscription only offer which has differing gifts.

Some customers are indicating that at 29-32 they have received a R2 notebook and pen and the cap and mug are noted on the invoice as 'to follow'.
If you have have not received the notebook and pen in your 29-32, then a call to c/s should indicate when these gifts should be received.

Regarding gifts, it is clearly noted that gifts are subject to change or availability., this is not hiding behind T&C's but is making clear statement of this possibility, which because this has been formally noted and you then subscribe, it's on the understanding that you are aware of this possibility, though as a normal rule, gifts are supplied as indicated.
The only time a gift is not supplied as indicated, is if there has been a supplier problem or that gift stock has been exhausted, in which case the gift will be substituted. In this instance it appears that the cap and mug have not been substituted as both are indicated on invoices to follow.

I'll investigate the cap & mug gifts but at this moment in time it appears these are still to follow and the note book and pen is being received.

PhilC
#16 Posted : 27 August 2017 23:08:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I'm sure in my last delivery 29-32 I recieaved the note book and the pen , and on the invoice it mentioned the Cap and the Mug as still being out of stock , and they would be sent later when stock replenished , so looks like we still should be getting them , and the pen and the book are not replacements for them.
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
Tomick
#17 Posted : 27 August 2017 23:13:03

Groups:

PhilC wrote:
I'm sure in my last delivery 29-32 I recieaved the note book and the pen , and on the invoice it mentioned the Cap and the Mug as still being out of stock , and they would be sent later when stock replenished , so looks like we still should be getting them , and the pen and the book are not replacements for them.
I'll get the situation clarified with the R2 project manager after the bank hol Phil, hopefully the cap and mug are to follow..
coldsweat
#18 Posted : 28 August 2017 08:14:14

Tomick wrote:
DaveG6HNI wrote:
I always hate it when a supplier tried to hide behind their T&Cs...
it is clearly noted that gifts are subject to change or availability., this is not hiding behind T&C's

I'm just being a pedantic internet idiot, but as the T&Cs say 'gifts are subject to change or availability' they are by definition hiding behind the T&Cs if they change them or don't supply them! Flapper

Anyway - thanks for looking into it for us!!
Tomick
#19 Posted : 28 August 2017 13:48:13

Groups:

coldsweat wrote:
Tomick wrote:
DaveG6HNI wrote:
I always hate it when a supplier tried to hide behind their T&Cs...
it is clearly noted that gifts are subject to change or availability., this is not hiding behind T&C's

I'm just being a pedantic internet idiot, but as the T&Cs say 'gifts are subject to change or availability' they are by definition hiding behind the T&Cs if they change them or don't supply them! Flapper

Anyway - thanks for looking into it for us!!
It's a safeguard should the gift supplier, for whatever reason be unable to supply or continue supply.
DaveG6HNI
#20 Posted : 28 August 2017 17:57:46

Wetsparks wrote:
Hi DaveG6HNI, yes this last pack was issues 29 - 32. I'd give em a ring and do a bit of moaning Angry

Actually I have just sent them an email, I tend to get a better, or not so bad, response from an email.

Interestingly my paperwork only mentions the cap, not the mug, so yet another difference ?

I wonder if it has anything to do with CS cancelling my original subscription and creating a new one as they forgot to add on the Premium component !

It took me a good month to get that sorted out and has left me with 5 different R2-D2 subscriptions showing on my account ?
Built..... - R2-D2
Building.. - Ford GT40