Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Printer help Options
gugenheim
#1 Posted : 27 June 2017 16:09:05

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have built the idBox and set up repetier Host.

The one thing that does not seem to be correct is when i press the z Home button the z reading is zero but in the instructions it says it should read 100.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Paul
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 27 June 2017 20:48:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi can you be a little more specific and give me the build pack and set up page numbers you are refering too.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

gugenheim
#3 Posted : 28 June 2017 10:16:06

Hi
Thanks for getting back for me.

The pack is number 11 and under the title "apply greace to the lead screw and set the z axis home position"

Eventually it says press the home button - the z axis coordinate will show z = 100 and change from red to black numbers.

Ours changes to zero in black not the 100 it apparently should read.

There is a z axis closeup that says "the z axis coordinate is at z=0 when the table is at the highest point (when the nozzle and table are closest together.)

I hope this is enough info for you.

Thanks

Paul
gugenheim attached the following image(s):
IMG_2857.JPG
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 28 June 2017 19:39:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

First check the table is fully lowered and that the limit switch is secured correctly so the dog is in its correct position. Then reset the table to its start position and rerun the test this should cure the problem as I suspect the limit switch is not finding the table position properly.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

gugenheim
#5 Posted : 28 June 2017 19:47:03

Hi
The limit switch is fine. The table is in its lowest position but the z reading is zero
When it is in that position when apparently it should read 100.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks

arpurchase
#6 Posted : 28 June 2017 20:05:12

Hi

Turn the power off and reset the table to its top position the reading at its upper position should be zero and 100 at its lowest position. If after doing this you still get the same readings when doing the test then check the limit switch connectors are correctly placed in the circuit board as they may be the wrong way round thus reversing the readings.

Andy

gugenheim
#7 Posted : 28 June 2017 20:14:16

Thanks
How do you reset the table to the top position?

Thanks
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 28 June 2017 20:22:47

By turning it by hand til it it reaches the top.