Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Projector not showing Leia (issue 27/29) Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 04 September 2017 16:31:31

Groups:

TechnicMan wrote:
Hi guys

Having a bit of a nightmare with CS. Rang them first and the lady said she'd send me a link with instructions on how to check if it's put together correctly. She sent me the link to the Official Diary board on here with the original instruction. SO no help at all.

Then I emailed, explaining in detail that I wasn't getting any image at all (not even Luke), that I'd checked all the connections and tried new batteries. I got this stock reply:

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your R2D2 projector. We have followed up on this inquiry with our technical department, who have provided the following information.

Neither the projector, nor the testing board are actually faulty. The projector will work properly and will project both clips once the whole assembly is completed.
Using the testing board to control the projector to project both clips, can come up with inconsistent result when the battery level of the battery box starts to drop. As a result, the programming on the IC of projector has been modified just to project the “Luke” clip, instead of both clips when tested at issue #29.
There is a work around, which will allow you to project the “Leia” clip by providing a direct connection between two points on the test board (ie shorting them).

If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us .

So I emailed back explaining everything again. I didn't get a reply to that email.

So, I emailed again:

Quote:
I haven't received a reply to my last email, however, I have been discussing my problem with the experts on the forum. Please see this link: http://forum.model-space...px?g=posts&t=23853. My forum id is TechnicMan and, as you will see, Tomick has advised me to contact you for a replacement. Also on that thread, forum user AJL178 states that he has contacted Customer Services and they have agreed to supply a replacement Issue 27.

With all that in mind, can you please supply me a replacement for issue 27.

And today I got this reply:

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your R2D2 projector. We have followed up on this inquiry with our technical department, who have provided the following information.

Neither the projector, nor the testing board are actually faulty. The projector will work properly and will project both clips once the whole assembly is completed.

Using the testing board to control the projector to project both clips, can come up with inconsistent result when the battery level of the battery box starts to drop. As a result, the programming on the IC of projector has been modified just to project the “Luke” clip, instead of both clips when tested at issue #29.

There is a work around, which will allow you to project the “Leia” clip by providing a direct connection between two points on the test board (ie shorting them).

Please be aware that any modification to your model is at your own risk, and DeAgostini cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to the parts.

If you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us.

They don't seem to have even read the email properly. Is it worth trying again?
You need to either explain this is a a different problem to the remedy being replied to you, its better to call them and request replacement of the issue which contains the LCD
TechnicMan
#22 Posted : 04 September 2017 23:35:27

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks marklunch, I'll try ringing them tomorrow.
TechnicMan
#23 Posted : 05 September 2017 11:28:05

Quote:
You need to either explain this is a a different problem to the remedy being replied to you, its better to call them and request replacement of the issue which contains the LCD

Hi, Tomick. I think I did this very clearly in my second (to which they didn't reply) and third emails. I have now rung CS and they are sending a replacement issue 27. It seems the standard of CS by email is very poor.
paulfo
#24 Posted : 26 September 2017 16:10:58

Did a replacement projector work for you?
TechnicMan
#25 Posted : 30 September 2017 10:52:43

I received my replacement issue earlier this week and put it together yesterday. Everything is working fine now, so it must have been a faulty board.
marklunch
#26 Posted : 30 September 2017 11:33:52

Just to add, my replacement issue came this week, works fine too.
Current build: R2D2
arpurchase
#27 Posted : 30 September 2017 17:47:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice to hear things getting sorted for a change, there are some exciting things still to come in the buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

philljwarren
#28 Posted : 02 April 2018 17:41:30

Having exactly the same problem - just a white circle showing. Have checked the ribbon cable and all the connections, so looks like I've got a faulty board too. Will see if I can get a replacement from CS.
Gandale
#29 Posted : 02 April 2018 22:08:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

philljwarren wrote:
Having exactly the same problem - just a white circle showing. Have checked the ribbon cable and all the connections, so looks like I've got a faulty board too. Will see if I can get a replacement from CS.

Am sure CS will be able to help you out here and get your problem resolved. Would suggest you call them rather than email, you'll get a quicker response that way....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
gaffa1963
#30 Posted : 12 April 2018 18:19:13

Anybody got customer service number as having issues with projector
delboy271155
#31 Posted : 12 April 2018 18:22:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

gaffa1963 wrote:
Anybody got customer service number as having issues with projector

Here you go: 03333001049

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

carlton
#32 Posted : 13 April 2018 15:33:12

Having projector issues now , was working two months ago and put in a safe storage toke out and test again nada white circle no movie clip . Did every thing under the sun . Called cs was a wast of time , If this part doesn't work when installed Ill have to disassemble every thing . Any new information on this ? Confused
arpurchase
#33 Posted : 13 April 2018 15:45:43

Nothing new on the camera, so all you can do is to call C/S to get a replacement.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

carlton
#34 Posted : 13 April 2018 22:58:05

E mail cs and got a quick reply , they will be sending a replacement. Still like to know what the problem was .
philljwarren
#35 Posted : 17 April 2018 20:24:17

CS emailed me last week and said this issue is currently out of stock. Hope it comes back in stock soon so I can retest the projector.
kryten2b
#36 Posted : 23 April 2018 11:35:51

To all those having the ‘white dot’ issue: have you tried waiting a few extra seconds?

Having seen all the posts about white dot even after being initially OK, I decided to re-check mine. I almost panicked when I saw a white dot. However, give it a couple of seconds & Luke appears. It seems the light source is quicker to respond than the LCD screen. After that it works fine, but try again & white dot first, followed by Luke a few seconds later. I hope this helps others
Well spin my nipple-nuts & send me to Alaska

Current Builds:
McLaren MP4-23Finished
007's Aston Martin DB5Finished
Millennium Falcon
R2-D2
BTTF Delorean (Maybe)
philljwarren
#37 Posted : 29 April 2018 18:47:48

kryten2b wrote:
To all those having the ‘white dot’ issue: have you tried waiting a few extra seconds?

Having seen all the posts about white dot even after being initially OK, I decided to re-check mine. I almost panicked when I saw a white dot. However, give it a couple of seconds & Luke appears. It seems the light source is quicker to respond than the LCD screen. After that it works fine, but try again & white dot first, followed by Luke a few seconds later. I hope this helps others

Just tried that with mine, held the button down for about 30 secs but still no image :(
Simo7007
#38 Posted : 23 December 2018 18:25:02

_____
I have done all of the above but this is all I'm getting. The sound plays for both holigram, but no picture.
DeAgo Falcon: 100% Complete.
DeAgo R2D2: 100% Complete.
DeAgo X Wing: 100% Complete.
arpurchase
#39 Posted : 23 December 2018 20:46:45

Order a replacement from C/S

CELGB
#40 Posted : 13 January 2019 11:34:26

I am having the exact same problem No luke no leia
have ordered privately (I live in Australia and impossible to get things here)episode 27 (2 in total) both having issues :(

Looking like I have to order a 3rd one?
Has anyone had any luck at all with sorting out what the actual fault is