Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

may be placing an order for the full kit Options
semaj
#1 Posted : 22 July 2017 23:56:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

i may be placing an order for the full kit for this build. i like how intricate the kit is and have also built an rc truck in the past that i really enjoyed until i was unable to get replacement parts for it.

this will be quite a challenging build for me, as looking through the official build thread there looks to be a lot of painting and placing decals/water transfers. neither of these are my strong point at all! in the past with models ive totally given up with both of these and ended up with a bare plastic model looking a bit of a mess.

cant wait for it to arrive and get stuck in. ive had a good read through all the posts here and well aware of the upgrade to the shocks part way through the build and other bits and bobs.

this will be fun
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
R2D2, Red Bull RB7 RC, Battleship Bismarck, Shelby GT500 'super snake'
Tomick
#2 Posted : 23 July 2017 09:59:36

Groups:

Look forward to seeing your build Cool
semaj
#3 Posted : 24 July 2017 11:13:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cheers tomick im looking forward to building it. Its something to do inbetween building R2D2. Looking at the official buikd i need a few tins of paint and othef bits n bobs too. I also read that you used a special stand to build yours on, any idea where i can get one?
Building:
Ghostbusters Ecto-1, Ford GT40, Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor mustang, Shelby Cobra
Complete:
Tomick
#4 Posted : 24 July 2017 11:23:42

Groups:

semaj
#5 Posted : 26 July 2017 15:40:04

Thanks tomick. I found that website and have been having a good look through putting a shopping list together. Ive built an rc nitro before but never had to tackle painting and things before so im looling forward to the challenge
Building:
Complete:
Tomick
#6 Posted : 26 July 2017 17:15:52

Groups:

Dont forget that you need two types of paint, Acylic for the display body and Polycarbonate type for the Racing body, which is the TS & PS aerosol ranges in the Tamiya range.
semaj
#7 Posted : 27 July 2017 05:38:00

Well after speaking with model space customer setvices they have very kindly let me buy this kit at the current sale price and pay in 3 installments! I have already made the 1st payment so expect the delivery in the next week or so, and cime payday at the end of the week ill make the 2nd payment.

Thanks for the heads up with the paint types tomick. When i go and visit a local model shope im also going to get some of that water slide decal setting liquid too, bottle of after run fluid and any other bits that will be required/come in handy. My shopoing list is growing lol.

I really want to give this my best effort so wont be rushing the paint at all. Thinking of buying a few cheap random lexan bodies just to practice on 1st.

I notice there is no members build diary here for this so ill start a seperate thread here in the general area. Probably wont add too much.
Building:
Complete:
Tomick
#8 Posted : 27 July 2017 07:04:51

Groups:

We have an RB7 members build page http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=topics&f=116
semaj
#9 Posted : 27 July 2017 17:48:38

Aahh thanks tomick. Never thought to look in there.
Building:
Complete:
semaj
#10 Posted : 27 July 2017 19:49:46

whilst waiting for my order to arrive i have been doing a lot of reading through all the posts up here, one question crosses my mind - how do we actually prime the engine in order to start her up and begin the break in process? i have a few nitro cars and they all have some form of primer device - one has a push button on the fuel tank to squirt some fuel in the carb, another has a primer bulb in the fuel line and so forth, but i cant see anything like that with this kit. would it be worth buying an inline fuel filter with built in priming bulb?

i have also seen little inline exhaust gas coolers, i presume these fit in the fuel pressure return line from the exhaust back to the fuel tank? is there any real advantage to adding it?
Building:
Complete: