Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Millennium Falcon Customised Build Page 9 Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 20 August 2017 18:32:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I am on the final stages now. I want to show the back engine part in great detail, so I have been prepping all the parts. I still have the oil painting preps to do, which will take some time, before fixing the parts to the back section.
More soonBigGrin
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 531.jpg
Photo 532.jpg
Photo 533.jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 28 August 2017 20:09:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nearly finished with all the prepping work. This week I have done the 2 parts of the oiling stages with all the greebies. This is a long process and with all the tiny parts, and they needs extra care. I have also finished the exhaust grills and painted them along with the outer rims and oiled them ready for the final stages.
Next it is finishing the painting of the hull piece then I can start to fix all the parts together, then the fun will start with all the weathering pigments.
Photo 534.jpg
Photo 535.jpg
Photo 536.jpg
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 04 September 2017 21:27:42

Although I had thought I had finished the prep work, I still had the actuators to oil up, so I thought I would show why I use this method, although very time consuming. As you will see from the previous last post where I painted the actuators with the standard colour, the difference it makes when finished, and close up you will see all the different colours that make up the hull. I have also glued the mesh grills to the outer section. These will be painted before gluing to the hull, so any pigments I use will not fall through to the fans.
The first picture shows the second phase of the process being painted onto each actuator. The second picture shows them all completed, note the different variations of colours. Once dry, they will then be highlighted before applying to the hull. Third picture shows the completed exhaust, ready for their final painting, and the last picture shows the pieces in place to compare the differences from the previous posts.
Now I am on the home stretch!!!!

Photo 537.jpg
Photo 538.jpg
Photo 539.jpg
Photo 540.jpg
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 17 September 2017 16:54:12

I have highlighted the back-hull section, ready to start fitting all the greebies. This will be done in stages of gluing pieces then painting them, before moving onto the next lot of parts.
Photo 541.jpg
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 17 September 2017 16:55:49

The next stage, I weathered the exhaust vents and panels, before gluing them onto the back-hull section. I also bent some of the grills for more effect, as they were done on the 5ft prop. I then placed all the first parts on and weathered these before attaching the back panel to the rest of the Falcon.
Photo 547.jpg
Markwarren
#6 Posted : 17 September 2017 16:56:52

Here, you can see I have placed the back hull onto the model, ready for the next stage of planting the detail pieces on. This is going to take quite some time to complete the back part. It has taken me most of this weekend just to get to this stage. Once complete, I will be making some exhaust lighting which will go below the panel and illuminate the exhaust fans.
More soon
Photo 542.jpg
Photo 543.jpg
Photo 544.jpg
Photo 545.jpg
Photo 546.jpg
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 01 October 2017 22:12:38

A little more on the back section done over the weekend. I've not been able to do much over the week, as last weekend whilst doing the diorama, chiseling out the base using protective glasses, took them off when blowing out the sawdust. Had a very saw eye for a week and couldn't do a lot of the detailing I wanted. Crying
Here are a few pictures of the back section, still some more detailing to do, then on to the last of the lighting, using mirrored plate with orange LED's for the exhaust vents. I will also be finishing the actuators and gluing them into place. You can also see I have started painting the turret section.
Photo 549.jpg
Photo 550.jpg
Photo 551.jpg
Photo 552.jpg
Photo 548.jpg
Markwarren
#8 Posted : 15 October 2017 19:17:59

A quick update. Whilst finishing the weathering and to section, I have primed and then painted the greeblies, that come in issue 100A, with metalcote paint. These will be given their final paint and weathering and shown with them in place on the Falcon towards the end of the week.
Photo 553.jpg
Photo 554.jpg