Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Help Choosing The Right Glue Options
Michael Bloch
#1 Posted : 28 August 2017 22:19:40

Groups: Registered

Help Choosing The Right Glue

I am just starting the MP4/4 and I have the three types of glues. However, the instructions don't say which glue to use at each step, nor do they say what material the parts are so you can choose the right glue. Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.
tigerace
#2 Posted : 29 August 2017 06:49:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Micheal if you go to the official build diary it tells you what type to use on there as i`ve not built this myself i would follow this buildBigGrin hope this helps BigGrin regards PhilCool

link= http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=10448
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Michael Bloch
#3 Posted : 29 August 2017 12:38:37

Thank you for your suggestion, but the build diary does not specify what glue to use for each step. Maybe I missed it, but I have not been able to find it. It does tell you which three types of glue you need for the model, but not which of the three to use for each step.
tigerace
#4 Posted : 29 August 2017 14:33:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

On looking at the diary i would say polystyrene for plastic to plastic and superglue for metal parts etc BigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

arpurchase
#5 Posted : 29 August 2017 17:06:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin The official build notes what type of glue is needed for each stage. It is noted in tools needed and when it is used in the instructions.

Link below:-

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=topics&f=162

Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

darbyvet
#6 Posted : 29 August 2017 17:59:34

Michael Bloch wrote:
Thank you for your suggestion, but the build diary does not specify what glue to use for each step. Maybe I missed it, but I have not been able to find it. It does tell you which three types of glue you need for the model, but not which of the three to use for each step.

Hi MIchael,
welcome to the forum.I am one of the USA forum support team members.I hope you will consider posting a build diary.I finished my MP 4/4 recently and the official build diary does give you shout outs to which glue to use for each part.I got my glues from Amazon.Michaels in Victor by Eastview Mall also has epoxy, superglue and polystyrene glues.Good to see another upstate New Yorker on the forum.I am in Seneca Falls.

The MP4/4 is a great model to build.Goes together very well.
Carl