Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tanked Out - Gray's T72 Build Log Options
CaptnBirdseye
#1 Posted : 05 September 2017 19:34:41

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Ok folks, so here is my build diary for my attempt to build a radio controlled replica of a Russian T72 tank. I haven't decided yet if i will just follow the build as per the instructions, or 'try' to attempt a bit of customization like the other build logs on this forum. I should warn you that i am not adverse to a bit of plagiarism where i feel it necessary and it's something i feel i can actually accomplish with my limited experience (and let's face it there are some excellent build ideas on this topic!).

Please feel free to pass comment on my build, whether it be to advise or criticise, and any suggestions gratefully received!

Here are my before and after shots of Pack 1, stages 1 to 5. The reason the rear container is not fitted is because i managed to lose the screw! thankfully CS has come to my rescue and is sending out a replacement.

Thanks for looking
Gray
CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
t72 build1 005 (Medium).JPG
t72 build1 006 (Medium).JPG
Tomick
#2 Posted : 05 September 2017 20:58:48

Groups:

Good to see another T-72 underway Cool
ModelMania
#3 Posted : 05 September 2017 21:27:34

Groups:

Nice start Graham, hope you have fun building this and well done for starting a build diary. Cool ThumpUp

I wouldn't worry about plagiarism, the whole point of posting builds of the same model is to share experiences with others and to hopefully help each other with ideas - if people don't want their ideas copied then they shouldn't share them, lol! Laugh Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Gandale
#4 Posted : 06 September 2017 08:54:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see Gray, good luck with the build. Following your progress all the way.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
tigerace
#5 Posted : 06 September 2017 13:37:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start Gray BigGrin you will love itDrool Love will be following Wink regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#6 Posted : 06 September 2017 21:08:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for looking guys, and appreciate the positive comments.

Regards
Gray
CaptnBirdseye attached the following image(s):
t72 build1 007 (Medium).JPG
tigerace
#7 Posted : 07 September 2017 10:25:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to see this up and awayBigGrin will this be a straight build or are you going to do a bit of weatheringConfused regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 07 September 2017 10:33:36

tigerace wrote:
Great to see this up and awayBigGrin will this be a straight build or are you going to do a bit of weatheringConfused regards PhilCool

Hi Phil Thanks for looking and the comments Cool i actually fancy having a go at the water transfer process, it looks easier than airbrushing, but will have to see how it goes.

Regards
Gray