Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Setting table position Options
MoaningMyrtle
#1 Posted : 09 September 2017 17:19:58

Groups: Registered

I am having some trouble getting the model table into the right position for Z=0. The table base is more than a business card width from the nozzle, and the knurled nuts are already as slack as they can go.
Have I over-tightened the nozzle?

Any advice welcome, thanks!
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 09 September 2017 18:47:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Myrtle

You need to reset the knurled nuts to half way and then the next thing is to reset the bed height once the bed height is reset you should be able to calibrate the print bed to the nozzle.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MoaningMyrtle
#3 Posted : 26 September 2017 15:08:38

Thanks for such a quick reply. I've been away, so today is the first chance I've had to get back to it.

I'm now sorted, but when I start a print, it seems permanently stuck on 'heating extruder'.

I've seen another post about changing the heated bed temperature in printer settings - I'm assuming that refers to 'default heated bed temperature' as it's the only option I can see. I've done that, but still nothing is happening. If I'm understanding the software correctly, the extruder is getting to 200° but not much higher.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 26 September 2017 18:23:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

Glad you got the table sorted, your next problem is in the code loaded into the slicer it is waiting for the heated bed to warm up. To cure this you need to remove and replace the code at the start of the slicer as explained by another user and copyed below;-

Went to print this morning and printer went to start position and sat there. Waited for extruder temperature to reach requirement and still sat there. What my problem was is in the code at the beginning there is a M190 S50 (heated bed) I changed the S50 to S0 and away it went. Seems like it is waiting for the bed to heat up that we don't have. Needs a more permanent fix but at least it runs. The start code is loaded by slicer so will need changing every print.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MoaningMyrtle
#5 Posted : 26 September 2017 18:40:31

Another rapid response!

That sounds like the exact situation I'm having. Thanks so much for that.

Myrtle
MoaningMyrtle
#6 Posted : 19 November 2017 16:59:41

For any others who have had the same issue, the more permanent fix is:
In repetier host, select slicer on the right hand side tabs. Click on configuration. Choose the 'filament' tab, and the 4th box down on this page has 'bed temperature' which is set to 50°. Set this to 0 and save.