Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
Scrapers Lambo Build Diary Options
scraperjawa
#1 Posted : 19 September 2017 05:31:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Everyone,

This will be my Build Diary for my Lamborghini Countach build. I have loved this car for as long as I can remember. I used to draw pictures of it and had a poster of one on my wall as a kid. It has such a unique look and I'm sure will still turn heads if one is seen going down the road. Since I will most likely never be able to own one, a very nice model of one will have to do.

As far as the build goes, it should be pretty straight forward. Not really anything to paint, so it shouldn't take a great amount of time each month to put it together. As I have already collected the first 34 issues, the first part of this build should go pretty quick.

In the first pack, we get a variety of parts including the rear wing and our first rear wheel. A quick assembly of the wing supports is all that is required at this stage. In Pack 2, we get the rear tire, the hood and two crankshaft covers. Assemble is basically mounting the tire on the wheel. In Pack 3, we get the cylinder head, the drivers seat, two sets of small bolts for the crankshaft heads and a very handy set of angled tweezers. Assembly this time was a bit more involved as you have to remove some very tiny bolts from a sprue and insert them into the crankshaft covers. The fact that they were so small made things a bit challenging. I was glad I did all this on the detailing towel as it kept pieces that fell in place and nothing was able to roll away. BigGrin You would never find these bolts if one fell on the floor. I did miss the part about leaving two if the bolts out and had to remove them later on. Part 3 assembly concludes with the first set of crankshaft covers being mounted to the cylinder head. In Pack 4, we get another set of crankshaft cover, bolts and the front bummer. Assembly includes putting more bolts into the crankshaft covers and attaching them to the cylinder head. The front bummer has two fog lamps that are attached at this stage. That is all for this stage.

Regards,

Stephen

scraperjawa attached the following image(s):
IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1527.jpg
IMG_1528.jpg
IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

davetwin
#2 Posted : 19 September 2017 16:30:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

You're going to love this build!!

The end result is quite jaw dropping, it takes pride of place on top of my chest of drawers in my bedroom Cool Cool
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 19 September 2017 18:35:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Nice start and she's a seriously big and heavy car when finishedCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#4 Posted : 19 September 2017 20:05:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This has to be the best car model to date BigGrin enjoy building her.

Al
Gandale
#5 Posted : 19 September 2017 22:51:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great start Stephen, will be following your progress on this iconic machine.... good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
scraperjawa
#6 Posted : 20 September 2017 01:32:14

Thanks guys for your comments. The parts for this kit are definitely high quality and the scale is huge. Other than the RC car i built many years ago, I don't think I built a vehicle this scale before. Sounds like it will be truly impressive when finished. I'm going to have to find a good spot to display this.

Regards,

Stephen
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 20 September 2017 01:38:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking impressive, this is one great kit.

WTG Cool Cool Cool Cool

When you find the right place to display it, just one tip Blink, make sure the shelf is strong, this baby weighs quite a bit. BigGrin

Keep up the good work, will be watching.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

scraperjawa
#8 Posted : 20 September 2017 04:08:49

Hi Everyone,

Some more progress on the Countach. In Pack 5, we get the first front tire and wheel. Assembly is just putting the tire on the wheel. All the tires when on the wheels with very little trouble.

In Pack 6, we get the front spoiler, the A/C compressor bracket and more bolts for the bracket. Assembly is again cutting the bolts from the sprue and fitting them into the holes on the A/C bracket. A wooden pencil was suggested for pushing the bolts in all the way once started and I found this worked quite well. The spoiler was attached to the front bumper were received previously. This is one of my favorite pieces so far. Love

In Part 7, we get the oil casing, oil separator, a/c compressor cover, oil cap, several pulleys and belts. Assembly involves building the A/C compressor and adding the oil separator to the oil casing. The oil cap is also added to the A/C compressor bracket.

In Part 8, we get the carburetors and the air filters. Assembly requires attaching the air filters to the carburetors and then attaching both of these to the cylinder head. Note: Make sure you attach them on the correct sides oft he cylinder head. I did mine backwards and had to change it later on. Blushing

In Part 9, we get the two distributors and the 4 exhaust pipes. Assembly requires putting the distributors together and mounting them on the oil casing.

In Part 10, we get the silencers, the tail pipes and decals for the tailpipes. Assembly requires fitting the the A/C compressor and bracket to the oil casing, adding belts to the pulley and attaching the oil casing to the cylinder head. We also have to add the throttle crank to the top of the crankshaft covers. This was where I realized I had to remove two of the short bolts and add two long bolts to make the attachment. Blushing Fortunately, the bolt came out fairly easily . The 4 silencers are also assembled.

In Part 11, we get the throttle linkage, throttle cable and blow-by gas hoses. Assembly includes running the distributor leads to each of their respective holes in the cylinder head. The throttle cable is added to the throttle crank and the blow-by gas hoses are added. Note: Blow-by gas hose B (the smallest one) was incredibly difficult to feed into its connecting hole in the oil separator. I think I spent at least a half hour trying to get it to fit. Very fiddly part.Cursing All the distributor leads were taped together on the underside of the cylinder head. I did find the adhesive strips provided didn't work very well, so I defaulted to using some masking tape instead.

That is all for now,

Stephen

IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1540.jpg
IMG_1539.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1541.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg

Metal Mech
#9 Posted : 20 September 2017 04:20:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking good. Hoping to get to this kit one day myself.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
scraperjawa
#10 Posted : 20 September 2017 05:13:02

Metal Mech wrote:
Looking good. Hoping to get to this kit one day myself.

It's a very nice kit and I've heard nothing but good things about it from everyone who has built it.

Stephen

scraperjawa
#11 Posted : 22 September 2017 04:54:37

Hi Everyone,

In Part 12, we get the other rear wheel, the alternator bracket and the alternator. Assembly involves putting the alternator together on its bracket and adding the throttle linkage assembly to the top of the cylinder head.

In Part 13, we get the next rear tire, the starter and the first half of the transmission case. Assembly involves putting the exhaust pipes together and putting the rear tire on the wheel.

In Part 14, we get the other half of the transmission case and the differential case back plate. Assembly adding the tailpipes to the silences assembly and adding the water decals to the tailpipes. We also tape off and cut down the distributor leads on the underside of the cylinder head.

In part 15, we get the oil pan, the transmission oil pan and another bracket for the alternator assembly. Assembly involves adding the the second bracket to the alternator assembly.

In Part 16, we get the passenger seat, the cylinder head spacer, and another alternator bracket. Assembly involves adding this bracket to the alternator assembly and adding the cylinder head spacer to the underside of the cylinder head assembly.

In Part 17, we get the left and right engine block, a front wheel, and some oil pan parts. Assembly involves adding the starter and exhaust assemblies to the engine blocks. Then each engine block is attached to its corresponding transmission case. Both sides are connected togheter with a couple of screws and the differential case back plate is added.

In Part 18, we get the center console, heater vents, control panel and ash tray. Assemble involves adding the alternator assembly to the transmission assembly. the alternator belt is put on and the cylinder head assembly is mounted on top of the transmission assembly. The oil pan is added and screws are used to hold the entire engine together. The transmission oil pan and alternator belt are added along with a couple of cover pieces for the oil pan. This completes the engine and what a beauty she is. Love Huge in scale. This car is going to be a beast.LOL

That is all for now,

Stephen
IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg
IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg

darbyvet
#12 Posted : 22 September 2017 05:11:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

looking great Stephen

Carl

delboy271155
#13 Posted : 22 September 2017 06:34:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking good. Cool Cool Cool

Progressing well, keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Spal
#14 Posted : 22 September 2017 12:37:59

Coming along really well BigGrin nice work.

Al
Markwarren
#15 Posted : 22 September 2017 12:49:19

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks excellent, coming on very nicely.

Mark
scraperjawa
#16 Posted : 26 September 2017 05:11:41

Hi Everyone,

In Part 19, we get the rear window panel and pane, the seat belt hoops and C-clips. Assembly includes securing the seat belt hoops to the rear window panel using the C-clips. The rear window pane is also secured into place in the rear window panel. We also start assembly on the center console by adding console control panel, the 4 heating vents, the ash tray and the footguard.

In Part 20, we get the cockpit floor, the handbrake and the footrest. Assembly includes adding the center console assembly to the cockpit floor. The handbrake and footrest are also added to the cockpit floor.

In Part 21, we get the left and right side sills. Assembly requires us to attach the sills to each side of the cockpit floor. The rear window panel assembly is also attached to the cockpit floor at this time.

In Part 22, we get the next front tire. Assembly is putting the front tire on the front wheel from stage 17.

In Part 23, we get the front compartment, 2 belt stoppers, the hood lock and the A/C dryer filter Assembly includes adding the hood lock and A/C dryer filter to the front compartment.

In Part 24, we get the spare tire, the spare wheel and the spare wheel cover. Assembly includes putting the spare tire on the spare wheel, adding the spare wheel cover to the backside of the spare wheel and test fitting the spare tire in the front compartment.

In Part 25, we get the more parts for the front compartment including the upper cage, brake servo, brake master cylinder, spare tire belts, A/C dehumidifier and condenser hoses and the brake fluid reservoir. Assembly includes removing the spare tire and adding the spare tire belts and A/C hoses to the front compartment.

In Part 26, we get the windscreen washer tank, the battery, clutch fluid reservoir, battery cables, heater blower, heater hose and horn. Assembly includes adding the brake master cylinder and reservoir, spare tire and upper cage to the front compartment.

In Part 27, we get the battery box and cover, seat belt and decals, ashtray, the gearstick and it's base. Assembly includes adding the battery, the windscreen wash tank, the battery cables, the horn and the heater blower and hose the the front compartment. This completes the front compartment.

Regards,

Stephen

IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1549.jpg
IMG_1550.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg

tigerace
#17 Posted : 26 September 2017 13:19:16

Wow you are not hangin around with this StephenBlink great work so far Drool Drool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

darbyvet
#18 Posted : 26 September 2017 14:13:34

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

great work stephen

Carl

roymattblack
#19 Posted : 26 September 2017 14:33:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I love this kit.

I'm SOOOO tempted to get it when I have a bit of spare lolly.

Roy.
arpurchase
#20 Posted : 26 September 2017 18:28:13

BigGrin Looking great its a great cat when builtCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .