Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123>
Scrapers Lambo Build Diary Options
davetwin
#21 Posted : 26 September 2017 19:30:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Really moving along nicely with this, hope you're enjoying the build Cool
Spal
#22 Posted : 26 September 2017 21:11:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Speeding along nicely now LOL nice work.

Al
Markwarren
#23 Posted : 26 September 2017 21:46:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Stephen, you are definitely cracking on with it.

Mark
Gandale
#24 Posted : 26 September 2017 23:18:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Progressing very nicely, looking great....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
scraperjawa
#25 Posted : 27 September 2017 14:34:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thank you, everyone, for looking in and you kind comments. This build is going rather quickly as I have been collecting since the beginning of the year. It will slow down soon as I have mostly build everything that I have. It also helps that I don't really have to paint anything which can be very time consuming.

Regards,

Stephen

Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Finished Builds: Millennium Falcon

davetwin
#26 Posted : 28 September 2017 15:34:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

scraperjawa wrote:
Thank you, everyone, for looking in and you kind comments. This build is going rather quickly as I have been collecting since the beginning of the year. It will slow down soon as I have mostly build everything that I have. It also helps that I don't really have to paint anything which can be very time consuming.

Regards,

Stephen

Not having to paint it is a definite bonus BigGrin

Get yourself some Tamiya Model Wax, it brings the paintwork up beautifully Cool
scraperjawa
#27 Posted : 06 November 2017 05:28:30

Hi Everyone,

Work continues on the Lambo. I have had a few more shipments delivered and done some assembly as they arrived.

In Pack 28, we get the an LED test board, the pedal switch plate, the passenger foot rest and some washers screws.
Assembly involves attaching the the battery pack and the petal switch plate to the LED test board. Once this was checked, it was set aside for future assembly. The second ash tray, the gearstick and base and the passengers foot rest are also added to the center console of the cockpit assembly.

In Pack 29, we get another seat belt, seat belt decals and floor mats for the cockpit. Assembly involved placing the seat belts in water for a few minutes and then clamping them on a piece of cardboard to straighten them out. The decals were covered with a coat of matte varnish to tone down the finish on them. Once they had dried out, the decals were added to the seat belts. The seat belts were then added to the seats and everything is installed in the cockpit assembly.

In Pack 30, we get the rear shock absorber bracket, two rear shock absorbers and screws. Assembly includes attaching the rear shock absorbers to the bracket.

In Pack 31, we get the lower rear shock absorber bracket and two more rear shock absorbers. Assembly involves attaching the other two shock absorbers to the other side of the bracket from the previous stage.

In Pack 32, we get the left lower front suspension arm, the anti-roll bar link rod, the front shock absorber and spring, and the left upper front arm pivot. Assembly involves attaching the shock absorber and anti-roll bar link to the suspension arm. The remaining parts are stored for a later stage.

In Pack 33, we get the same parts as in the previous stage for the right lower front suspension arm. Assembly is the same as the previous stage.

In stage 34, we get the coil mount, 2 ignition coils, oil filter and a couple of metal hoses. Assembly involves attaching the two coils to the coil mount. The remaining parts are stored for a later stage.

Lots of small sub-assemblies at this point. Will be more exciting when everything starts to come together.

Thanks Davetwin for the idea of getting some model car wax. I will definitely look into that when I start getting the body panels.

Regards,

Stephen

scraperjawa attached the following image(s):
IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg
Current Builds: HMS Sovereign of the Seas /// Lamborghini Countach /// Eaglemoss BTTF DeLorean

Gandale
#28 Posted : 06 November 2017 10:47:39

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Lovely progress Stephen, looks as if its coming together very nicely.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Spal
#29 Posted : 06 November 2017 16:13:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice looking build Cool good to see another of these taking shape.

Al
birdaj2
#30 Posted : 06 November 2017 17:00:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Stephen

Looks a very nice model and those seat belts really stand out.

I see you are being very careful in protecting the parts on some soft cloth - good idea that to stop any scratches appearing.

Hope it all continues well for you.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
delboy271155
#31 Posted : 06 November 2017 19:06:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Stephen, BigGrin

Looks like you are progressing well with this build. WTG

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Looking forward to the rest of your build, keep up the good work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#32 Posted : 06 November 2017 21:54:26

BigGrin Looking good she's a beast when finishedCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

magpie1832
#33 Posted : 06 November 2017 22:24:42

Looking great. Awesome stuff.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

scraperjawa
#34 Posted : 08 November 2017 05:29:01

Hi Everyone,

Thanks you everyone for you kind comments. The next shipment has arrived and the build continues.

In Stage 35, we get right radiator parts A,B, and C. radiator hose A, the radiator fan and guard and some screws. Assembly involves attaching the fan and guard to the right radiator A. Parts B and C are then attached to Part A to complete the right radiator assembly.

In Stage 36, we get the left front hub, the disc brake, front wheel shaft, the brake duct connector and the front brake duct hose. Assembly involves attaching the left front pivot arm to the left front hub. The brake duct connector is attached to the duct hose and the hose is connected to the front hub. We then attach the disc brake to the inside of the wheel and hold it in place with some masking tape.

In Stage 37, we get similar parts for the right front hub and the assembly is the same as in Stage 36.

Here are a few photos of the parts before and after assembly.

Regards,

Stephen
scraperjawa attached the following image(s):
IMG_1698.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg

roymattblack
#35 Posted : 08 November 2017 09:21:32

Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I have the full kit looming and I'm looking forward to getting round to it.
Yours is looking amazing.
It makes me want to get on with mine asap.

Keep it coming.

Roy.
scraperjawa
#36 Posted : 08 November 2017 17:38:12

roymattblack wrote:
I have the full kit looming and I'm looking forward to getting round to it.
Yours is looking amazing.
It makes me want to get on with mine asap.

Keep it coming.

Roy.

It’s a very nice kit. I’m sure you will enjoy building it.

Stephen

birdaj2
#37 Posted : 08 November 2017 18:17:02

Very nice to see you moving onto the next stage.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Metal Mech
#38 Posted : 08 November 2017 19:04:24

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Making some really nice progress.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
delboy271155
#39 Posted : 08 November 2017 19:41:40

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Progressing nicely. WTG

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#40 Posted : 08 November 2017 20:56:35

BigGrin Looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .