Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Coser's 1:8 Dalek Construction Thread Options
Coser
#21 Posted : 05 October 2017 16:01:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Can you have too many Daleks?

not unless you have one for every Dalek seen in the series if they were all grouped together at once - both classic AND NSD, plus some of the most memorable designs from other people, such as from the web comic "Second Empire".

I have nowhere near that number so will keep collecting yet. My next one may well be reserved for a 2E Dalek, like This or maybe This one.

As to Davros himself, no. Unfortunately I have never found one in this scale of the Davros I wanted (Genesis Davros). Tony did do a resin one of Remebrance Davros, but I never got around to getting one.

Stuart Evans ("Sevans") did a very nice one, but it was more expensive and thermoformed, which at the time put it out of my price and ability range.
Current Builds
Eaglemoss: Ecto-1, BTTF Delorean [Installing Mods]
Hachette: T800 Endoskeleton
Agora Models Shelby Cobra 427 [Plate 031]
BanDai 1:5000 Imperial Star Destroyer
AMT 1991 U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge [Installing Mods & Lights]

Finished Builds
Deagostini: R2-D2 [Never getting batteries]
tigerace
#22 Posted : 05 October 2017 16:04:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Never have too manyLOL LOL i`ve always wanted a special weapons DalekDrool Drool never found one thoughConfused Confused regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Coser
#23 Posted : 04 January 2018 10:09:06

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Sorry for the long delay in this thread. Unfortunately 2017 was a very trying year for me. I am still in a situation where spray painting is not an option at this time of year due to the weather, but I will be working on the basic construction elements of the first few stages over the next few weeks.

For all those who were following my "Temporal Mechanics" course on the Eaglemoss Delorean from "Back to the Future", I have been continuing the build, and documenting the process, so I now have a load of pictures to convert and post. I am still not completing the engine, as I have still not had the chance to break it down and re-paint some of the parts and fill some of the holes.

I have also dredged up an old Comet Miniatures 1:8 vinyl Patrick Troughton Doctor, and what I believe to be a "Tomb" Cyberman in resin.

I don't know if I can turn this [the Dalek thread] into an entry for the 2018 BOTY or not, and would like a ruling from an admin as I will be starting construction of the Dalek in this thread feom a completely virgin model.

I may, if I can't set this thread up as an entry, add in the other kits to this thread, or I may keep one of them - probably Pat - as an entry in it's own right.

P.S. Tigerace. Comet Miniatures did one in resin, the same 1:8 as their plastic Daleks. They are now "Timeless Hobbies" Found here. They currently don't have one for sale, but might be worth a look.
Current Builds

Finished Builds
Tomick
#24 Posted : 04 January 2018 11:19:23

Groups:

Coser wrote:
I don't know if I can turn this [the Dalek thread] into an entry for the 2018 BOTY or not, and would like a ruling from an admin as I will be starting construction of the Dalek in this thread feom a completely virgin model.
It appears that the build on this subject got underway in October 2017 and therefore the subject is classed as having been started ahead of the comp start date. Allowing a re-start from a fresh kit as a means of allowing entry could be deemed as unfair. However, if current entrants are happy for you to restart this topic with a fresh kit as a means of BOTY 2918 entry, then we will allow this.

BotY2018 entrants - Can you please post here of your approval or disapproval. For it to be allowed, all current entrants must approve, thanks.

Metal Mech
#25 Posted : 04 January 2018 12:53:28

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am fine with it as long as it’s a fresh start with a new kit and a new thread.

DeAgostini kit builds:

Millennium Falcon: 18% Complete
Shelby GT-500: 28% Complete
Thunderbird 2: 13.75% Complete
jase
#26 Posted : 04 January 2018 13:03:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi

In principle I have no issue with this on the basis that it is a fresh start with a fresh kit,

I do wonder if it would be better in a new thread however just for tidyness

Either way i have no issues

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Coser
#27 Posted : 04 January 2018 13:54:16

Thank you all for the support.

Yes, it would have been a fair contest with me starting a virgin kit.

However, and in no small part due to the positive response there has been so far, I withdraw the request.

I have other models I can work on which may also give me a great deal of pleasure and the impetus of the competition I was looking for.

I apologise for the trouble I may have already caused to Tomick and those who have already entered the competition, but I will enter something else this year.

[and on a purely selfish note, I have no desire to enter something that anyone could doubt was completely within the rules.]
Current Builds

Finished Builds
tigerace
#28 Posted : 04 January 2018 20:01:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

It would have been ok with me if you started a new kit regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

darbyvet
#29 Posted : 04 January 2018 20:46:00

I look forward to seeing your entry for the competition

Carl

Plymouth57
#30 Posted : 04 January 2018 21:32:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Sorry I didn't see this until too late! (Only just got home from an ultra-sound scan!) I would have been quite happy for you to start on a new (fresh) kit. Perhaps you could find one of the Airfix kits of the Daleks in Manhatton as a replacement?

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
kryten2b
#31 Posted : 10 January 2018 13:31:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Are you continuing with this one anyway?
Looking forward to seeing this one come together Drool
Well spin my nipple-nuts & send me to Alaska

Current Builds:
McLaren MP4-23Finished
007's Aston Martin DB5Finished
Millennium Falcon
R2-D2
BTTF Delorean (Maybe)
Coser
#32 Posted : 10 January 2018 13:50:51

Oh yes, this will continue. I hope to have something more up over the weekend, but any painting is very hard to organise at the moment. I am renting a very small place, can't do spraywork indoors, and it's cold as a w.............. let's just say it's not far enough above freezing here at the moment to think of undercoating or priming at the moment.

I want to start the skirt soon though as I may get a chance to do some work in about 3 weekends, but I have to split that between a Dalek and my Federation Interceptor.
Current Builds

Finished Builds
Coser
#33 Posted : 21 January 2020 05:36:47

Unfortunately things went further south since my last post on this subject. Things have basically remained static on most of my builds, or moved backwards. The vast majority of my life and hobbies have been placed in storage. I don't know when I will be able to get back to this, or my pursuit ship build thread, but they are both on my mind and will be resumed as soon as possible. I have not forgotten any of them, and promise to continue once I find them again.

It will probably be easier to get to some of my Dalek kits, so this thread may start up again once the weather improves and I can get spraying again now that I no longer have to go to work every day.
Current Builds

Finished Builds