Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Weathering T2 Options
pretorius
#1 Posted : 05 October 2017 10:18:30

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I like the T2 build but think it looks too much like a toy, I built the Falcon, and weathered it and added my own bits here and there.

I want to do the same with the T2 build, for example I dont like the seem around the cockpit(windows) as you can take it off to see inside, I would glur this in and fill in seems, plus I would fill in the side seems of the main body, but this means spraying the whole thing with a green spray, what would anyone recommend about the transfers, can they be bought from a 3rd party, I would like to weather all the pod vehicles as well.

So the main thing for me is the transfers on T2, how do I protect them, or how do I remove them and apply new ones.

cheers
stevegbr
#2 Posted : 05 October 2017 10:34:07

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

pretorius wrote:
Hi,

I like the T2 build but think it looks too much like a toy, I built the Falcon, and weathered it and added my own bits here and there.

I want to do the same with the T2 build, for example I dont like the seem around the cockpit(windows) as you can take it off to see inside, I would glur this in and fill in seems, plus I would fill in the side seems of the main body, but this means spraying the whole thing with a green spray, what would anyone recommend about the transfers, can they be bought from a 3rd party, I would like to weather all the pod vehicles as well.

So the main thing for me is the transfers on T2, how do I protect them, or how do I remove them and apply new ones.

cheers

have a chat with roymattblack on this forum, i am sure he would be able to help. BigGrin
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 05 October 2017 11:05:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello there.

There is a Customised build on the forum:

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=23928

Weathering of TB2 and getting it to look a bit more realistic will be a major part of that build.
I'm looking at several ways of recreating the decals for those who wish to repaint the model, as I will do.
Not wishing to jump ahead, but Humbrol matt grass green (80) in a rattle can is an excellent colour for TB2 and is used by most modellers for this craft.
It's the paint I will be using in the future.

As soon as I have lettering art sorted, I'll post it in the build, along with info about creating the decals.

Roy.
pretorius
#4 Posted : 05 October 2017 11:33:33

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response, I will keep track of your build.

If I subscribe to the build I will upload my build as well, the main thing I am worried about IS the transfers, just wish they was separate.

Will deffo be weathering it all though if I go ahead, loved the Falcon.

cheers
davetwin
#5 Posted : 05 October 2017 16:19:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

There are steps covered in the instructions for applying some weathering, but as others have said Roy will be doing a weathered build Cool
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 05 October 2017 19:15:36

Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Yes, the 'Custom build' here is sanctioned by Modelspace.
I will try to show how the model can be taken to a real 'show' model, even for any hobby builder.
No special skills, just 'how' you do it.

Hopefully some will follow...

Roy.
pretorius
#7 Posted : 06 October 2017 08:43:50

I will deffo follow, this build just screams weathering, especially the pod vehicles....