Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
New Soleil Build Options
wgr68
#1 Posted : 12 October 2017 22:32:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello everyone.

My name is Gary and I'm in Windsor, Ontario Canada. I'm going to attempt to build this beautiful ship,but since I have never modeled in wood before I may be asking some advice and questions.

I received my first shipment this morning but the assembly guide is missing so everything is on hold until one can be mailed to me.

Thanks for your time,
Gary
In two days tomorrow will be yesterday!
Gandale
#2 Posted : 12 October 2017 22:56:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Look forward to following your progress Gary. You're in the right place should any assistance or advice be required....Cool Cool .. Good luck with the build....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#3 Posted : 12 October 2017 23:13:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome Gary and good luck on the build. It’s a relativlely easy ship to get your head around.
If you have any problems don’t hesitate to ask.

Here is the link to your first instructions.
https://www.model-space..../download/file_id/1161/

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 13 October 2017 05:56:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum Gary BigGrin

Hope you enjoy your build and share your progress with us.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Martyn Ingram
#5 Posted : 13 October 2017 07:07:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Looking forward to seeing your your build Gary Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
tigerace
#6 Posted : 13 October 2017 08:56:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum GaryBigGrin hope you enjoy your buildCool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

Markwarren
#7 Posted : 13 October 2017 09:26:47

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum Gary, look forward to seeing you progress soon.

Mark
Tomick
#8 Posted : 13 October 2017 10:21:23

Groups:

Welcome to ModelSpace, hope you enjoy your Soeil build and your time with us Cool
jonny7england
#9 Posted : 13 October 2017 10:54:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum and Model Space Gary...It will be great to see another ship build on the go..Will you be making a build diary...Wish you many happy hours putting her together.
Smile ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
arpurchase
#10 Posted : 15 October 2017 11:47:56

BigGrin Welcome to the forum and enjoy your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

daffy09
#11 Posted : 16 October 2017 12:48:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Gary. I'm sure you're going to enjoy this build hugely. Hope I can be of help at some point. If not you'll find lots of experienced guys here who can assist you. I'll be following along with you.
Happy building
David
wgr68
#12 Posted : 17 October 2017 05:23:15

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately but I have been working on the first pack and have just about completed it. So far it has been a learning experience for me as this is the first time I have modeled with wood. New crafting tools were bought and going Thursday to complete my list.

Found blanking was fun. I have installed hard wood floor and found this to be similar to that, just no nails. All framing is done for this part. Made sure they all squared to the keel.

I will post some pictures on the weekend. Thank you to everyone for the encouragement on this build!

Martyn Ingram
#13 Posted : 17 October 2017 14:17:59

BigGrin Looking forward to seeing your pictures Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
wgr68
#14 Posted : 18 October 2017 18:16:54

I have finished part 1 of the build. I know I had made some errors but I worked through them I think it came out ok. Please have a look and if you see anything I could do better on the next part of this build by all means let me know. I am learning this as I go.

wgr68 attached the following image(s):
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
Martyn Ingram
#15 Posted : 18 October 2017 18:32:18

BigGrin Certainly looks good to me Gary . Very nicely done Cool

Martyn
Building ?
Next Build ?
pemberg
#16 Posted : 18 October 2017 21:54:44

Welcome to the forum Gary. Looks like a pretty good start to me.

Graeme
magpie1832
#17 Posted : 18 October 2017 22:10:56

Great start Gary, glad you got it sorted and managed to do pack 1. Look forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Chris Cool
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Gandale
#18 Posted : 18 October 2017 23:14:42

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like you're off to a good start Gary, nicely done....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing your next update....

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#19 Posted : 19 October 2017 05:56:10

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to see you`ve got started Gary.

Cool Cool Cool

Looking good and congrats on your "Blue" medal for starting your build diary. BigGrin

Happy building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#20 Posted : 19 October 2017 10:50:23

Looking goodBigGrin great to see you up and running BigGrin regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!