Gerrit
#61 Posted : 01 April 2013 20:42:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

More to follow

Regards
arpurchase
#62 Posted : 01 April 2013 21:56:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Hans
#63 Posted : 02 April 2013 08:12:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like you are up and running again Gerrit. Keep it up and the pics coming.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gerrit
#64 Posted : 02 April 2013 08:46:13

Thanks arpurchase

Yes Hans But I am back at work again today.

I am really going to try and make some more time to do some work on the ship. I am busy lining the gunports and entries. I finished the one entry. I broke my plank bender so a stop at the hobby shop should get me up and running again. I only did three planks on the one side of the hull. I still need to do the planks at the stern. Any tips will be gladly appreciated.

Regards

Gerrit
Hans
#65 Posted : 02 April 2013 10:51:57

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just take your time and don't rush. For a plank bender I use a modified soldering iron. I went past aluminium shop and asked if they had a small piece of solid round alimumium. With luck they gave me scrap piece of 50mm long with a 30mm diameter. Cost me nothing. I drilled a hole in the centre to take the soldering point and have been using that with success.To bend, soak in warm water for 10-20 minutes, bend carefully taking my time, to desired shape with soldering iron and presto on we go. Broke the first plank because I rushed, but now just take my time. I will take a pic and post tomorrow if it will help.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Gerrit
#66 Posted : 02 April 2013 11:01:14

Hi Hans

Thanks I will appreciate it

Regards

Gerrit
Hans
#67 Posted : 03 April 2013 08:41:10

Hi Gerrit.
Some pics of my adaption to a soldering iron. I found I even could bend the curves for the gallery pieces. Hope this helps.

[]
[]
[]
Rgds, Hans
Current Build:
Gandale
#68 Posted : 03 April 2013 21:59:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good there Gerrit, well done...BigGrin

Regards

Alan
Gerrit
#69 Posted : 03 April 2013 22:40:45

Hi all

Thank you Allan Appreciate it

As promised some better pictures. I also started to line the entry ports

Thank you all

Regards

Gerrit
Hans
#70 Posted : 04 April 2013 08:25:05

Looking good there so far keep it up.
Rgds, Hans
Current Build:
Garth
#71 Posted : 05 April 2013 07:19:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi Gerrit,

Looking great!!!
Glad to read your blog again.
I really empathize with you. Time is also a huge issue for me. Setting aside an hour to do some work just is not enough - it feels like you are getting nowhere.

All the best,

Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
pierre50
#72 Posted : 26 May 2013 12:46:13

Very nice! coming on nicely :-)
Current Buid:
HMS Victory
Next Build:
Captain Cook's Endeavour Collecting issues
Wish List:
Santa Ana
Bounty
Santisima-Trinidad
Gerrit
#73 Posted : 06 January 2015 12:55:01

Hello everybody

First of all - All of the best for the new year. Hope everyone has a great one.

It has been some time that I have spent time on my build but here is an update.

I am busy framing all the gun ports and have finished the first four layers of the hull planking.

As always comments are welcome

Regards

Gandale
#74 Posted : 06 January 2015 22:33:43

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Gerrit, nice to see you back posting your progress on this lady.... looking good.....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more...

Regards

Alan
Hans
#75 Posted : 07 January 2015 12:08:09

Welcome back again Gerrit. Looking good keep it up. Well done. If you need inspiration just check out the other builds. I calculated my time the other evening, and discovered I have been busy for four years on her now, and the hours read 1142 hours. Just take your time and enjoy.
Rgds, Hans
Current Build:
Gerrit
#76 Posted : 08 January 2015 06:03:29

Hi Hans and Allen

Thank you for the comments. Appreciate it a lot

Regards

Gerrit
Gerrit
#77 Posted : 18 July 2015 09:00:39

Hi all

It has been a while but between moving and building new offices and big new projects at work I rarely get time to build on my Victory.

Here goes a quick update. I finished the port linings on one side. Started the first 4 layers of the hull planking. Going slowly but getting there.

Comments and tips welcome as always.

Regards

arpurchase
#78 Posted : 18 July 2015 09:34:35

BigGrin Nice progress and looking greatCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#79 Posted : 18 July 2015 10:28:36

Hi Gerrit, great to see you back working on her. Making progress is what's important not the speed of progress... Hope to see more of her real soon..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Gerrit
#80 Posted : 20 July 2015 09:01:12

Hi ARPurchase and Gandale

Thank you for the nice comments

I managed to complete the first row of gunports before the weekend was over Really must try to do some work next weekend.

Regards

Gerrit