Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Replacement hinges missing issue 96 Options
snapdragon
#1 Posted : 05 December 2017 16:54:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have only just got to this issue - I like to have a fair few to get through so just put them in a box when I get them.

I have noticed as I come to build this issue that the two replacement hinge brackets 96-A & 96-B are missing from the pack.

As I am collecting this through my Newsagents, is it possible to have just these items posted to me or do I have to order a back issue and hope that they are in the issue when it finally arrives.

I was hoping to have this finished and on display in time for my Christmas Eve Dinner so all my guests can admire it!

I also wonder what the difference is between the original and replacements!

James
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 05 December 2017 17:14:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I just checked my issue 96 - no replacement brackets either.

A quick call to CS will sort it.

UPDATE:

Just called CS.
The info in mag 96 is incorrect - ignore it.
The hinge brackets were updated for the UK release and the ones in issues 10 and 14 are correct.
The message in mag 96 should not have been there.

All ok.

Roy.
snapdragon
#3 Posted : 05 December 2017 17:29:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Roy! On with the build after Tea!
66Mustang
#4 Posted : 18 December 2017 00:31:30

The "replacement" UK door hinges are not much good either. A single screw and no keyway to stop the doors moving up and down is dreadful for a model of this cost. The only way to make the hinges stay is to glue them in place. Up until this point everything was pretty good. The door hinges let this model down im sad to say.Mad
P-Lother
#5 Posted : 11 January 2018 17:15:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Yah totally agree the hinge plate that attaches to the door are dreadful I'll be giving the glue trick a go and I've found the part that attaches to the car body itself are the same so I used small amount of plumbers tape around the two pins and that's worked perfectly
P-Lother
#6 Posted : 11 January 2018 17:18:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Also the boot(trunk) hinges are the same they don't hold the boot lid fully open
arpurchase
#7 Posted : 11 January 2018 21:52:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I found that the door hinge screw holes as do the boot screw holes hold better and tighter if they are pre tapped before assembly.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .