Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Roy's tweaked Mustang Options
rpmracing18
#41 Posted : 15 January 2018 04:02:02

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

roymattblack wrote:
I've started to add some of the missing parts to the rear firewall.

One of the first things I noticed was the hose from the front of the engine block that goes to the clutch housing - it shouldn't.
It's totally wrong.
When you think about it, why would hot water be going into the clutch?

A google search of the actual heating system shows that the pipe should go through the firewall to connect to the heater matrix.

Kit pipe removed - new rubber hose fitted.

Also, there's another hose that should go from the front of the block near the oil filler, that also runs through the firewall.
This hose is missing from the model.

A mounting flange was cast and fitted, and the hose added.

Next, the vacuum system has a unit that should be on the firewall to the left.
This was scratch made and added.
A hose was connected between it and the brake vac tank and another hose will be added between the unit and manifold.

Two metal pipes were also fitted across the firewall - purpose not sure, but they should be there...

The pics show the firewall loosely in place to test clearances.

Relays and wiring need to be added to the side walls of the engine bay.
That will be next.

Roy.

Roy, what size rubber hose did you use for the heater hose/pipes? Man, you have some super detail and if you don't mind sharing information, I would greatly appreciated it and I'm sure others would too. as we all enjoy seeing others handy work and ingenuityBigGrin
rpmracing18
#42 Posted : 15 January 2018 04:12:37

Also I'd like to add for others to see, where the red and green wires come from the coil, did you use heat shrink tubing around those wires? and if so, what size did you use?

As with other post, your work is superb and Thanks for sharing information on this great Shelby modelBigGrin
roymattblack
#43 Posted : 15 January 2018 09:20:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Hello there RMP.

Sincere thanks for your very kind words.

The water hoses are made from the cable from an old 'large' pair of headphones - you know, the type often called 'Binns'.
It's the type of cable that is actually two wires joined on a centre seam.
If you pull them apart, you get two separate wires about 2.5mm thick and the seam line is virtually invisible.
Perfect for the water hoses as they are extremely soft and flexible.
Strip out the actual wire core and you have a hollow rubber tube.
It can be attached anywhere on a component by drilling a 1.5mm hole in the model part, glue a short length of paper clip into the hole leaving about 5mm protruding.
A dot of cyano, dip the tube end in ti.
Capillary action will draw glue into the tube.
Slide the tube over the paper clip.
A small strip of aluminium tape wrapped around the end of the tube first will replicate a hose clip.
Done.

The coil wires were wrapped in shrink wrap - 1.6mm size.
The ends of those wires will go through the firewall near to the brake master cylinder. Just drill a hole for them.

Glad to be of help to anyone.

Roy.
rpmracing18
#44 Posted : 15 January 2018 22:59:16

Roy,

Thanks for the information on hoses,wires and shrink tubing, Awesome!!!

Hopefully, by the time I get those issues, I'll be prepared with this valuable information. I'm only at issue 61, but so interested in this cool model, I'm planning aheadBigGrin

Thanks again Roy,
Rich
roymattblack
#45 Posted : 17 January 2018 15:32:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I'm glad if my waffle is helpful to anybody.

Only a little bit done recently as I'm up to my ears sorting out the man-cave.
It REALLY needs thinning out for new projects.

Anyway, a relay made up and fitted with some added wiring...

Roy.

roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1014715.JPG
P1014716.JPG
Markwarren
#46 Posted : 17 January 2018 15:50:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looks fantastic Roy. Love. I too have a major clearout to do as well.Crying

Mark
roymattblack
#47 Posted : 18 January 2018 09:52:55

Thanks Mark.

Yet again, a little extra.
Brake pipes added to the master cylinder.

Also, added a few decals.

Roy.
P1014717.JPG
P1014718.JPG
P1014719.JPG
P1014720.JPG
roymattblack
#48 Posted : 18 January 2018 12:41:39

More done, this time on the other inner wing panel.

I made up the small water pump for the screen-wash bottle and added the water pipe and wiring.
Another relay has been added and some wiring for that too. All routed along the top of the panel.
The wiring from the alternator will connect to the relay when the panel is in.
Vin plate decal also added as per reference pics I've trawled.

Roy.

P1014721.JPG
P1014722.JPG
Markwarren
#49 Posted : 18 January 2018 13:35:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work , love the detail you are putting into this Love

Mark
RM1
#50 Posted : 18 January 2018 14:08:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Some very nice extras going into this build.
Malc.
roymattblack
#51 Posted : 18 January 2018 14:09:38

Thanks once again Mark.

The panel has now been fitted and the assorted wires etc routed and connected.
Engine brace in place next.

Just the battery to attend to.

Roy.

P1014724.JPG
P1014725.JPG
P1014726.JPG
P1014727.JPG
P1014728.JPG
P1014729.JPG
Spal
#52 Posted : 18 January 2018 17:40:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great additions Roy Cool nice work.

Al
rpmracing18
#53 Posted : 19 January 2018 02:59:04

Super Cool detail!! Enjoy seeing it Roy.

RichCool
roymattblack
#54 Posted : 20 January 2018 12:42:40

Thanks you chaps.
All good fun adding little extra's.

The body is moving along at a pace and at present there's not really much to add to it. I might add some racing roundel decals to it but that will be a bit later on.

Roy.

P1014735.JPG
P1014737.JPG
P1014738.JPG
roymattblack
#55 Posted : 22 January 2018 20:28:50

Well, moving on to completion.

The windows are all in but I've left the radio aerial off for now as it will just get in the way when I need the body upside down.
A dab of cyano or epoxy to fit it at the very end will do.

The doors...

Well, after a full afternoon of fiddling and fettling I've finally managed to lose the 'door wobble' which is simply because the screws do need to be tight.

Anyhoo - the monster is looking blinkin' big.
The doors are taped to keep them shut in the final stages...

Nearly there.
Roy.
P1014744.JPG
Gandale
#56 Posted : 23 January 2018 00:09:46

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Top work Roy, looks superb.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
roymattblack
#57 Posted : 23 January 2018 11:27:12

Body now on the car but still not quite finished.

Getting the wiring out of the way was a struggle as you need three hands but got there in the end.
Batteries needed to test electrics.

Whether the body on the bench wasn't quite level or square, who knows but with the body and chassis together, the doors work fine. No wobble, and they open and shut properly.
P1014745.JPG
stevegbr
#58 Posted : 23 January 2018 11:30:54

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

that does look very nice roy, well done. BigGrin
tigerace
#59 Posted : 23 January 2018 14:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really excellent work RoyDrool Drool looks superb Love Love regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

roymattblack
#60 Posted : 23 January 2018 17:44:19

Well, here we be.
All done.

It was an enjoyable build and actually all went together in a very straightforward way.

I enjoyed adding bits to the engine area (my weakness) and may yet add a few racing decals just for a bit of variety.

Thanks to all those who looked in on my waffle.

OK - Back on with the E Type, TB2 and - who knows???

Roy

P1014746.JPG
P1014747.JPG
P1014748.JPG
P1014749.JPG