Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Millennium Falcon Customised Build Page 12, The Final Chapter Options
Markwarren
#1 Posted : 29 December 2017 16:11:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

So here is the final chapter. I have really enjoyed this project, and if anyone would have asked me at the outset on how I was going to build this, I wouldn’t have had a clue how it was going to pan out. I have got so involved with this over the years, yes years, I have tried to use everyday materials when making a lot of the modifications.
The first set of pictures show that I have placed bases on the fuel pump and console with a base to stand Han Solo. I have also glued a tool box on the top of the computer console.
As well as making my own barrels, here are some bought ones, painted and ready to be placed in the hold area.
The next pictures show the hold area with the barrels in place as well as the grills in the open position, exposing the inspection pit. I have also placed some cables and other greeblies in the inner hull sections.
The final pictures show a name plate that will be placed in the display cabinet. I made this out of MDF board, primed and then painted with Humbrol matt black spray paint. Once this had dried over a couple of days, I then sprayed a semi-gloss varnish over it.
The last picture shows it complete with name plate.

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 649.jpg
Photo 650.jpg
Photo 651.jpg
Photo 652.jpg
Photo 667.jpg
Photo 668.jpg
Photo 669.jpg
Photo 670.jpg
Photo 653.jpg
Photo 654.jpg
Photo 655.jpg
Photo 666.jpg
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 29 December 2017 16:49:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

That’s it, here are a few final pictures. There is also a link to a video and the final build gallery, where there are many more pictures to see.
I would like to thank everyone for their support over the time I have been building this. I hope you have had as much fun as I have making the Millennium Falcon.

Finished Build Video

The Final Build Gallery

Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 29-12-2017, 10 31 14 am.jpg
Photo 21-12-2017, 4 24 17 pm.jpg
Photo 29-12-2017, 10 55 32 am.jpg
Photo 29-12-2017, 12 03 28 pm.jpg